January 6 hearings

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: January 6 hearings

Post by Mori Chu »

Remember how peaceful it was that day? Love was in the air.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If it was so bad, why do they have to lie about it over and over again? Shouldn't the truth be fine? Just like when the J6 Committee tried to present altered evidence. They keep lying and keep getting caught doing it. Why would they need to lie?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

a) Anybody who committed crimes on 1/6, D or R, I'm perfectly happy with their being charged and convicted and punished for them. If some Pelosi guy did something wrong, go ahead, charge him.

b) Is 1/6 a noble act of patriotism now, or a violent protest secretly organized by the FBI and Hillary? I can never keep track of which BS we're going with today.

c) 🚨 HOLY SHIT SOMETHING HAPPENED 🚨

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Never pushed any of these false premises. Read what I wrote again. Why would you need to lie on the stand or present false evidence in court if it was so bad that it was an open and shut case? Please, tell me why that should be acceptable in our system of justice?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I give you an A for effort int. Jan 6 did happen and Trump was behind it. The fake electors did happen and Trump was behind it. Pence refused to go along with the scheme. Trump did try to pressure election officials to change votes in his favor. It was recorded. Those dozens of court filings trying to prove the election was a fraud were all laughed out of court. FOX paid 700+ million for their part in their lies about Dominion. That doesn’t even count the deliberate lying about who the participants were on Jan6. Their multiple text messages prove they knew Trump was behind the insurrection and they knew it was all BS. The multiple recounts said Biden won, even the super long one done in AZ where they looked for bamboo paper and took apart the voting machines for months. The Republican Governor of AZ said Trump lost fair and square. The Republican governor of Georgia said Trump lost the election fair and square.

I guess trying to defend Trumps actions is out of the question so Maga’s only recourse is to attack EVERYONE who has had ANYTHING to do with his multiple cases and try to prove they are all guilty of something and somehow that makes Trump innocent.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:54 pm
I guess trying to defend Trumps actions is out of the question so Maga’s only recourse is to attack EVERYONE who has had ANYTHING to do with his multiple cases and try to prove they are all guilty of something and somehow that makes Trump innocent.
So you're saying that lying on the stand under oath, making false witness, along with fabricating and modifying evidence is OK if your side does it to prove guilt of a person you determined guilty even before trial started? That's your stance, Dack? I had no idea that they taught that in legal ethics class. You learn something everyday. Thanks!

I pray that no one falsely accuses you of wrong doing and then lies and fabricates evidence to prove your guilt. I couldn't imagine that being a great outcome.

Only calling out the liars that need to be held accountable. Every lie will be revealed. If I think something is f'd up, I will call it out. Just like I would call it out if I thought you were getting railroaded unjustly.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I believe in the court system we have. It’s not perfect but it sure is a lot more credible than Trumps mouth. Trumps entire election fraud case is built around him just making up shit and lying. No one with any credibility has believed a word of it except Maga, who believes every word of course.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There is nothing true about this, yet you believe it without question. Who's in a cult? That's classic cult behavior.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

No puppet, no puppet, YOU'RE THE PUPPET!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:13 am
There is nothing true about this, yet you believe it without question. Who's in a cult? That's classic cult behavior.
Anyone who believes in our system of government and wants to protect our democracy must be in a cult?

LOL!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:13 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:13 am
Anyone who believes in our system of government and wants to protect our democracy must be in a cult?

LOL!
LOL, you know I didn't say that, but I'm not sure why you are trying to claim that's my position.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I believe in the court system we have. It’s not perfect but it sure is a lot more credible than Trumps mouth.
There is nothing true about this

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Trumps entire election fraud case is built around him just making up shit and lying. No one with any credibility has believed a word of it except Maga, who believes every word of course.
This just isn't true. What's he making up? There is a lot of evidence of fraud. It seems to be taking awhile to get the courts to hear it though. Perhaps we will soon though.

Let me ask you, can you give me any examples in the last 7-8 years where you were initially very skeptical or didn't believe a story that came out of corporate media?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s all bs.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:31 pm
It’s all bs.
What's all bs?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Easier to let the pros handle this so I don’t have to write a book. Associated Press.

Trump’s drumbeat of lies about the 2020 election keeps getting louder. Here are the facts
https://apnews.com/article/trump-2020-e ... e739fbb50d

REVIEWS AND RECOUNTS CONFIRM BIDEN’S VICTORY

AP INVESTIGATION FINDS MINIMAL VOTER FRAUD IN SWING STATES

TRUMP’S OWN ADMINISTRATION FOUND NO WIDESPREAD FRAUD

COURTS HEARD TRUMP’S LEGAL CHALLENGES AND REJECTED THEM

CONSPIRACY THEORIES ABOUT VOTING MACHINES WERE UNFOUNDED

CLAIMS INVOLVING SUITCASES AND BALLOT MULES ARE DEBUNKED

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I guess since you used all caps, it has to be true true and can't be debated.

There is more to come about this. It isn't over yet.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Isn’t that always the saying with MAGA? It’s like watching Lost for 6 seasons, always being promised an answer but never comes through.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:01 am

LOL, okay. It's 2024. What exactly "more" is to come about the 2020 election? It's over. Trump lost.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:11 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:01 am

LOL, okay. It's 2024. What exactly "more" is to come about the 2020 election? It's over. Trump lost.
I know it sounds ridiculous at this point. There is a lot more to come out though. Hopefully soon. Like you said, it's 2024 already. When the government wants to slow roll things, they really mean it.

Heck, look what's finally being admitted after the FBI had it for nearly 5 years.