The US Economy

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The US Economy

Post by Nodack »

Mainstream stories never match up to the Maga stories.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:15 am
Mainstream stories never match up to the Maga stories.
That's only because they peddle the news they want you to hear, not the REAL AMERICAN NEWZ! *removes silly foil hat*
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Do you know which Mainstream stories ended up being wrong and the Maga story ended up being right?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I just assume all Maga stories are made up by some dude on Twitter.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You are one of a kind, my friend.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am pretty sure more people think the same thing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yes, I'm sure most people think you are one of a kind.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I like to think so.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Former Trump Advisor Praises Joe Biden's Economy: 'I Was Wrong'
https://www.newsweek.com/former-trump-a ... ng-1866232
Former Trump economic advisor Larry Kudlow conceded that his prediction of a looming recession was wrong and admitted that the U.S. economy is doing much better than expected under President Joe Biden.

"I was wrong about the slowdown and the recession. So was the entire forecasting fraternity," Kudlow, now a Fox Business Network host, said.

"Today we learned that the U.S. economy grew 3.1 percent over the past year while adding another 2.7 million jobs, and with core inflation moving back down towards the pre-pandemic benchmark," Biden said in a statement last week. "As a result, wages, wealth, and employment are higher now than they were before the pandemic. That's good news for American families and American workers. That is three years in a row of growing the economy from the middle out and the bottom up on my watch."

Commenting on the new GDP data on January 25, Kudlow said: "If I were he, I would be bragging about it too."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

At the same time, there are some things to be concerned about.
Layoffs doubled in January.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/layoffs-ec ... happening/

A commercial real estate crash is unfolding, and regional banks are feeling the pain
Aruni Soni Feb 1, 2024, 8:53 AM MST
https://www.businessinsider.com/commerc ... nks-2024-2

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I knew you wouldn’t disappoint.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I could never count on you to give both sides of the story without some extreme biased slander included. If I thought you would provide all sides of the story, I would never feel there was a reason to respond.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Your side of the story is always going to be that the economy is failing under Biden no matter how many stats say otherwise.

Your side of the story would how great the economy is doing if it was Trump in office right now with the exact same stats.

That much I am positive about.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Haha! Well, let me disabuse you of that notion. I literally posted a positive story about the economy earlier today.

Be honest, would you ever offer something that is opposite of the your dogmatic beliefs you've been told by the Dem controlled media?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I break with anyone if it’s what I believe. I sort of sided with Israel. I just posted about immigration and split the difference between the two parties. I really worry about the nations debt. I don’t think either party takes it serious. I will always think Trump is pure evil and really really bad for our country. I hate what he has turned a lot of people into. I hate the Republicans in Washington and the FOX people who know he’s a scumbag and a liar and go along anyway to save their own skin. They want to be able to send guys to war to fight and die for their country but they won’t stand up to Trump because they are afraid of him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:40 pm
Be honest, would you ever offer something that is opposite of the your dogmatic beliefs you've been told by the Dem controlled media?
I don't think Nodack comes off as "dogmatic" nor 100% aligned with the Democratic party or "Dem controlled media." He's not MAGA, but he is not a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat, either. I think your comment isn't really fair to him and doesn't give enough respect to his independent thinking that has been on display here in this forum.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Anyone that claims no one could ever change their mind is dogmatic in my view, no matter the subject. He's 100% aligned with whatever Biden does, but I'll give him credit for not being 100% behind the most extreme Dem positions.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:14 am
Anyone that claims no one could ever change their mind is dogmatic in my view, no matter the subject. He's 100% aligned with whatever Biden does, but I'll give him credit for not being 100% behind the most extreme Dem positions.
Nodack is less aligned with the Dems than I am, imo, and I'm not 100% aligned with the Dems. I've seen Nodack disagree with Biden plenty of times. And I've seen him change his mind more than once after discussion here. Don't know what to tell you if you think he is "dogmatic."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thank you mori.

I am dogmatic when it comes to Trump. He will always be a lying cheating sexual assaulting tax evading ego maniac traitor to his country to me. I cannot think of one human quality he has.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:54 am
Thank you mori.

I am dogmatic when it comes to Trump. He will always be a lying cheating sexual assaulting tax evading ego maniac traitor to his country to me. I cannot think of one human quality he has.
Never rooted for someone to die more.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.