The US Economy

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: The US Economy

Post by Superbone »

However, Nodack is a musician and I don’t hear him complaining.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

However, Nodack is a musician and I don’t hear him complaining.
Thank you Bone! I knew what I was getting into at a young age and didn’t care. I wouldn’t change a thing.
Nodack and Mori on .net said the economy was the greatest ever, but I keep seeing my bills, including groceries be higher than ever in relation to my take home pay. Those receipts and bills can't be true.
I don’t think I ever said this was the best economy in US history. I said if Trump was President he would be saying this was the greatest economy in US history and Maga would agree. This economy is purring along pretty good.
It seems like unemployment numbers are really good (low unemployment), but wage growth has been pretty stagnant and is not keeping pace with inflation.
Americans’ economic outlook brightens as inflation slows and wages outpace prices
https://apnews.com/article/economy-infl ... a3e6f7b253#
Economists say consumers appear to be responding to steadily slower inflation, higher incomes, lower gas prices and a rising stock market. Inflation has tumbled from a peak of around 9% in June 2022 to 3.4%. According to the Federal Reserve’s preferred price gauge, inflation has reached the Fed’s annual 2% target when measured over the past six months. What’s more, paychecks have outpaced inflation over the past year, thereby easing Americans’ adjustment to a higher cost of living.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:35 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:31 pm
Of course, if I was much richer, my essential expenses would be a small fraction compared to my discretionary expenses and I would feel the effects of this great economy.
That's where I'm at. :D Life is good. Sorry you're struggling.
I wouldn't say struggling. I'm just not living on easy street.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:12 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Of course, if I was much richer, my essential expenses would be a small fraction compared to my discretionary expenses and I would feel the effects of this great economy.
And those dang kids going off to college doesn’t help 😉. My father in law told me my bills would go down a ton (because his did when my wife went to college)…. Total bs. Regardless of how much help your kids get with scholarships, it’s maybe a tinge cheaper than him being at home but not by much.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:09 am
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
And those dang kids going off to college doesn’t help 😉. My father in law told me my bills would go down a ton (because his did when my wife went to college)…. Total bs. Regardless of how much help your kids get with scholarships, it’s maybe a tinge cheaper than him being at home but not by much.
No, college is expensive. It gets better after they finish college and get a job and go off on their own. My sons are finally totally on their own. The last thing to go for me was car insurance. My youngest is still on my insurance because it's cheaper for him but I finally made him start paying me for his portion after I retired last year.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:38 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:09 am
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
No, college is expensive. It gets better after they finish college and get a job and go off on their own. My sons are finally totally on their own. The last thing to go for me was car insurance. My youngest is still on my insurance because it's cheaper for him but I finally made him start paying me for his portion after I retired last year.
Good to know there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Now that I have 4 rugrats, I'm sure my expenses are going to be sky-high for many years to come. I can't imagine paying for things like school or college, yikes. My kids better all become famous Instagram stars or something so I don't have to pay!

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:34 am
Now that I have 4 rugrats, I'm sure my expenses are going to be sky-high for many years to come. I can't imagine paying for things like school or college, yikes. My kids better all become famous Instagram stars or something so I don't have to pay!
Time to get that only fans going lol

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I had no kids. Probably saved me a fortune.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My wife just got a $3.50 raise at the Airline. She said they haven’t had a raise in 7-8 years. The union negotiated the raise. She went off on the pilots though. They got a $100,000 raise. She isn’t a big fan of some of them. Many have massive egos. Sometimes a pilot will catch a flight on another flight and use the jump seat. On her airline the jumping pilots get to sit in first class if available and get priority over everyone else paying. She went on about some pilot that was actually complaining about his first class seat. Another time a pilot goes behind the counter and looks at the computer and says see that seat? Leave it open. He wanted that seat and was telling her to leave it open for him. She told him that isn’t going to happen.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:34 am
Start early with investing for college. It will make a big difference.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Are we suppose to say thank you Trump because anything good in the economy he must have set up before he left office or are we supposed to say the economy is bad, it’s Biden’s fault and all the numbers are fake?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

US crude oil production jumps to record high of 13.3 million barrels per day
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chart-da ... 40808.html
Our Chart of the Day is from YCharts, which shows that US oil production has surged to a new record high of 13.3 million barrels a day last week.

The US is the largest oil producer in the world, surpassing Russia's 9.5 million barrel a day production rate, and well ahead of Saudi Arabia's daily production rate of 9.1 million barrels a day.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Good news for the economy.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Bad news for future economy. With 5 more countries joining the BRICS alliance, including Saudi Arabia, there is no more oil backed petro dollar.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dotcom
He was arrested in 1994 for trafficking in stolen phone calling card numbers. He was convicted on eleven charges of computer fraud, ten charges of data espionage and various other charges in 1998 that he served a two-year suspended sentence for.[6] In 2003, he was deported to Germany where he pleaded guilty to embezzlement in November 2003 and after five months in jail awaiting trial he received another 20 months suspended sentence.[7]

In 2017, a New Zealand court ruled that Dotcom could be extradited to the US on fraud charges related to Megaupload.

In 2017, Dotcom played a role in spreading conspiracy theories about the murder of Seth Rich.[15][16]
Why do you pick people like this to use as your sources of trusted information?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So he has a shady past. Go ahead and debunk what he said. I'll wait.

What do you think happened to Seth Rich? You think it was just a simple robbery gone bad?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Seth Rich's killing was exploited on Fox News and online. His parents are fed up

The fatal shooting of a young Democratic Party aide named Seth Rich early in the morning of July 10, 2016, brought incalculable loss to his parents.

Within days, Joel and Mary Rich then had to endure an unimaginable, additional blow: the eruption of a cottage industry of conspiracy theories and outright lies around their son's life and death. Police in Washington, D.C., never identified his killer, and there was a vacuum of reliable information. Hot takes, destructive speculation and false claims about Seth rocketed around the internet and found a warm embrace on many Fox News shows.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That certainly is the mainstream story.