2024 Presidential race

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Kryptonic

Re: 2024 Presidential race

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:06 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:33 pm
I heard Dems want Trump instead of Haley. The Dem party would rather help Trump win the primary, so they can run against a twice impeached, sexual assaulting, tax evading, 90 something indictments against serial liar who might go to jail. I can see the logic in that. I can see the logic of Haley going the distance and being the strong #2 candidate because #1 might go to jail and that would probably make her the last rat standing.
I've heard that theory too, but dismissed it pretty quickly. The polls, although could fluctuate pretty wildly right now, show Biden beating Haley fairly easily and Trump beating Biden in a closer race.
One thing that sucks is even the polls can be filled with people with ill intentions. I get it that polls are our best barometer to get the information we need but who’s to say the people answering those polls are truthful? Didn’t the polls in 2020 favor trump heavily, and how’d that turn out?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:12 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:06 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:33 pm
I heard Dems want Trump instead of Haley. The Dem party would rather help Trump win the primary, so they can run against a twice impeached, sexual assaulting, tax evading, 90 something indictments against serial liar who might go to jail. I can see the logic in that. I can see the logic of Haley going the distance and being the strong #2 candidate because #1 might go to jail and that would probably make her the last rat standing.
I've heard that theory too, but dismissed it pretty quickly. The polls, although could fluctuate pretty wildly right now, show Biden beating Haley fairly easily and Trump beating Biden in a closer race.
One thing that sucks is even the polls can be filled with people with ill intentions. I get it that polls are our best barometer to get the information we need but who’s to say the people answering those polls are truthful? Didn’t the polls in 2020 favor trump heavily, and how’d that turn out?
I'm not sure that the polls did heavily favor Trump in 2020, but I agree with the jist of what you're saying. The polls said it was going to be nearly impossible for Trump to beat Hillary right before election day in 2016 too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I've heard that argument that Dems want to run against Trump. But I haven't seen any real evidence for it, just random people on Twitter saying that's what they want. I don't really buy it. Besides, the Dems won't be choosing the Republican nominee; it'll be Trump, chosen by the GOP's own voters / the RNC.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s election time and the rhetoric is just starting to heat up. AI is going to play a bigger part this time. We already had the fake Joe Biden robo calls. Not long until a whole bunch of fabricated crap comes out from all sides. Nobody is going to believe anything anyone says or sees soon.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I agree with this. It's going to be a problem.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Some new polls from swing states. These look good for Trump and bad for Biden.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This new Quinnipiac poll has Biden ahead. These go up and down a lot, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We get to play this poll game until November?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:43 pm
We get to play this poll game until November?
Might as well. Life is likely to get a hell of a lot worse after November.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Silly but kind of funny.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

New NBC poll has Trump +5 over Biden. That represents a drop for Biden in this poll. As I've said previously, the polls are kind of all over the place right now and no one poll really tells us much; but I'll still post poll data here from time to time in case it's interesting.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Congrats to "none" who wins the Nevada GOP primary!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nevada's dueling primary and caucuses are underway: What to know
The competing contests have sparked confusion among some voters.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nevadas ... =106961691

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Amazing hubris. It never ends.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 BREAKING 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

What is "hubris" about calling out violations of election law? If RFK really did use inappropriate ballot-gathering techniques, it's okay to hold him accountable for that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's the games Dems play, using lawfare. They knew they were going to do this, and just waited for the right time. Always with the lawfare to get rid of any opponent in the election, because they know their guy is a shite 🥪 .

Of course this comes after Biden has refused to issue Secret Service protection for RFKjr too. Biden such a well meaning old man, lol.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Shat’s this “lawfare”? Enforcing the law is an act of war?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:37 am
Using the law as a weapon, can also be a way of causing someone, even if innocent, financial hardship. A lot of times, it could be done this way and the person doesn't have the means to continue the fight and loses everything. It's an evil practice.

Any time that it's done where you can get the DC court or the southern district of New York, if there is any indication that you might be conservative, you are guaranteed to lose, no matter how ridiculous the claim. If the civil suit is high enough, in order to appeal the ruling, you have to have 125% of the ruled number available. If you make the amount more than the person is worth, they can't even appeal the ruling.

Here is another recent example if you care to listen:

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:47 am
Cap wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:37 am
Using the law as a weapon, can also be a way of causing someone, even if innocent, financial hardship. A lot of times, it could be done this way and the person doesn't have the means to continue the fight and loses everything. It's an evil practice.

Any time that it's done where you can get the DC court or the southern district of New York, if there is any indication that you might be conservative, you are guaranteed to lose, no matter how ridiculous the claim. If the civil suit is high enough, in order to appeal the ruling, you have to have 125% of the ruled number available. If you make the amount more than the person is worth, they can't even appeal the ruling.

Here is another recent example if you care to listen:

Steyn wasn’t found liable for making fun of Mann, but for falsely accusing him of fraud.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

As we all know, the law is biased toward evil Democrats since they're the ones who follow it.