DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:08 pm
Funny, I'm sure they will lose that much value to show up in Ross for a fraction of their original value. I did buy some KDs for my son at Ross for about $30 a few years ago.

Trump's $399 sneakers are already being listed for up to $45,000 on eBay, but can they hold their value?
Provided by Dow Jones
Feb 20, 2024 6:16am
https://www.morningstar.com/news/market ... heir-value
I don’t think this is real. I just think it was funny.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:24 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:08 pm
Funny, I'm sure they will lose that much value to show up in Ross for a fraction of their original value. I did buy some KDs for my son at Ross for about $30 a few years ago.

Trump's $399 sneakers are already being listed for up to $45,000 on eBay, but can they hold their value?
Provided by Dow Jones
Feb 20, 2024 6:16am
https://www.morningstar.com/news/market ... heir-value
I don’t think this is real. I just think it was funny.
I knew it wasn't real. I thought it was funny too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The AP has made a tracking page dedicated to all the different Trump trials going on. It has a brief synopsis of each and the current status of each.

https://projects.apnews.com/features/20 ... index.html

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Even Palantir co-founder sees what is happening, that most around here are blind to. This is the threat to this Republic, and democracy. This is what fascists do
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"Even" a tech CEO is on Trump's side? Isn't that like saying, "Even AOC thinks we should have universal health care!"?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:32 am
"Even" a tech CEO is on Trump's side? Isn't that like saying, "Even AOC thinks we should have universal health care!"?
The reason I'm saying that is that Palantir is located in the Bay, and employs about 90% left leaning. I have a friend that works there. SF and the Bay area is pretty left leaning, and I'm sure you would agree. All the major tech companies are heavily left leaning. So, this isn't like saying, "Even rocks for brains AOC thinks..."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Tech CEOs are overwhelmingly Republican, even in California. It is not very shocking that company leadership leans toward Trump.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The funny thing about Trump and the classified documents case is, every time he is asked about it, he just admits to the crime.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump appeals the big NY fraud ruling against him. He's still obliged to pay the big $354+m judgment in one month, though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:44 am
The funny thing about Trump and the classified documents case is, every time he is asked about it, he just admits to the crime.

What crime? He is allowed to take those under the Presidential Records Act. Do we not know that Clinton won his Sock Draw case? Or that Obama still has thousands to millions have classified records in his warehouse? This is silly.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 am
Trump appeals the big NY fraud ruling against him. He's still obliged to pay the big $354+m judgment in one month, though.

Although nothing gives me greater joy than to watch the ultra rich finally get what's due to them, but also believe in due process and if it's up for appeal any penalty should be a part of that appeal.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:54 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 am

Although nothing gives me greater joy than to watch the ultra rich finally get what's due to them, but also believe in due process and if it's up for appeal any penalty should be a part of that appeal.
Under state law, all he has to do to get the stay is provide a bond for the amount he owes. Should be easy enough if he really has all the cash he claims to have, right?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:

Isn't this now the second interview where Hannity has used reverse psychology to get Trump to confess to things about that case? Is he doing this intentionally or really trying to help him? :lol:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It sounds like he is intentionally trying to help Trump and it goes right over Trumps head.

“You wouldn’t do that would you?”

“Yes, I would and I have every right to.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:

It's ok. He's just doing it for the money.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:23 pm
It sounds like he is intentionally trying to help Trump and it goes right over Trumps head.

“You wouldn’t do that would you?”

“Yes, I would and I have every right to.”
"You wouldn't be a dictator, would you?"

"Yes..."
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. Trump can't manage to raise enough money to post his $464m bond necessary for appeal; asks judge to please reduce the amount to $100m, which is all he can afford. I guess Trump really is hurting for cash.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

He is so predictable I bet we can guess what happens next:

Trump on the campaign trail: “They said I couldn’t post the full bond. That’s fake news! I could have done it, I have plenty of cash. I just didn’t think I should have to!”

Appellate Court to Trump’s lawyers: “So your client is able to do so? Request denied.”

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

When getting a loan, say your property is worth a LOT. When paying the taxes, say they are worthless. When bragging about your wealth, say the number is billions. When paying a settlement, say you are broke.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. Supreme Court will hear Trump's immunity case, starting end of April. This effectively nullifies the federal case against Trump until after the 2024 election.