DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by Mori Chu »

You're not a lawyer, but you enjoy retweeting opinions of other non-lawyers on this case. Your guy's been convicted of fraud; sorry Charlie. Just because you can find some random tweet of somebody saying they think Mar-a-Lago is worth bookoo bucks, doesn't mean he didn't commit fraud.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2…so you are just ok with what Trump did?

It sounds like 2 separate things here…he inflated the value of his properties to receive better rates on his loans. I’m assuming the argument for him is he didn’t default on his loans so no victim…however the two points Stewart makes are:

1. He got a better rate so the banks got less money.
2. Because he got the loan, somebody else didn’t.

The tax stuff is separate and not related to the fraud case. It just shows that he was being misleading.

I can understand not feeling sorry for the banks…and maybe there are tons of other people doing this and Trump is being targeted because of who he is…but that doesn’t mean Trump should get a pass, it means all these other people need to be charged as well.

Our country is set up to keep the rich rich and make the poor and middle class struggle to make it. I would love to be able to get an awesome interest rate and a great deal on a loan to buy a house, but I would expect to get in trouble if I lied about my assets to secure that. That’s what Trump did.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am
In2…so you are just ok with what Trump did?

It sounds like 2 separate things here…he inflated the value of his properties to receive better rates on his loans. I’m assuming the argument for him is he didn’t default on his loans so no victim…however the two points Stewart makes are:

1. He got a better rate so the banks got less money.
2. Because he got the loan, somebody else didn’t.

The tax stuff is separate and not related to the fraud case. It just shows that he was being misleading.

I can understand not feeling sorry for the banks…and maybe there are tons of other people doing this and Trump is being targeted because of who he is…but that doesn’t mean Trump should get a pass, it means all these other people need to be charged as well.

Our country is set up to keep the rich rich and make the poor and middle class struggle to make it. I would love to be able to get an awesome interest rate and a great deal on a loan to buy a house, but I would expect to get in trouble if I lied about my assets to secure that. That’s what Trump did.
1. The banks weren't upset with the deal and in fact, they were very happy with their deal and testified that they wished to do business with Trump again. So, who was the victim?
2. There is no evidence of that, and there was no claim of that in court. That would be some mysterious victim.

I agree with you that the country is set up to keep the rich rich and make the poor and middle class struggle to make it. The thing about the supposed lie, the Judge CLEARY misrepresented the value of Mar a Lago and his claim that Trump overvalued it is a f'n joke. Like I put out earlier, even NBC reported 7 yrs ago that Mar a Lago was the most valuable piece of real estate in FL and the 3rd most at the time was worth $300 million. We can all do simple math, I assume. $18 million value is quite a bit different than well over $300 million, no? Should be easy $300 million > $18 million. Am I wrong here? So who is doing the fraud?

It sounds like the judge is committing fraud, imo. This opens the door to so many others being arbitarily targeted politically. Say or do something they don't like, we will make up fraud and fine you to oblivion. Muhahahahahahah! And this is why businesses are looking to get out of NYC and NY state. Who wants to get target for something that is done in business every day and in every city? Common practice and not considered fraud until all of a sudden now, since they set the PRECEDENT here.

I'm surprised that they put no onus on the Bank for supposed over valuing the property, because that's what they did. Seems like they would be equally culpable, since they made money too. The bank does their own assessment and if it's a RISK, then the interest rates go higher and/or they deny the loan. Should be easy $300 million > $18 million.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Alex Berenson's own tweet I posted earlier was a response to this. Let's check out the quote tweets to this squeeky voiced grifter random guy you pulled out of twitter, something you claim you don't like or are above.

Oh, here is a lawyer.

https://x.com/PoliticIgnorant/status/17 ... 31247?s=20
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Snopes: Trump was right, daughter of judge in hush money case DOES have ties to Biden and Harris campaigns
by: Pat Droney 2024-03-30
Source: Law Enforcement Today
https://lawenforcementtoday.com/snopes- ... -campaigns
MANHATTAN, NY - The far-left media has spent a lot of time trying to debunk claims made by former President Trump and his supporters that the daughter of Judge Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the so-called “hush money” case involving the former president, used to work on campaigns for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

However, none other than Snopes–a left-leaning “fact-checking” site– has confirmed that Merchan’s daughter, Loren, worked on both.

According to Snopes, Loren Merchan was the director of “digital persuasion” for Harris’ failed 2020 presidential campaign and also worked “indirectly” for the Biden-Harris 2020 campaign via a communications company that provides services for far-left progressive campaigns.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That sounds like a conspiracy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump is so lucky he got Judge Cannon for the FL classified documents case.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Democracy is only as good as the people who run it. Judges are randomly picked and Trump won the lotto getting her. She has to preside over the guy who gave her her job. That’s pretty lucky. I think we can call this case closed if Trump is elected.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If you look at it from the other side, was it lucky of him to get Kaplan, Engoron & Merchan? So lucky

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So lucky he got a judge with numerous instance of political bias by himself and his family members involved and paid to go against Trump.

Of course he gagged Trump from calling out the bs bias already baked into the trial. So lucky

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Cohen went to prison for paying off Trumps mistress. He is no longer on trial. He can talk all he wants. Of course he is talking. He went to prison taking a bullet for Trump and Trump left him there and then attacked him. Trump is on trial for being the actual guy that slept with her and the actual guy wanting to cover it up using campaign funds.

Of course Trump can’t keep his mouth shut. He attacks all the judges, all the prosecutors, all their families, jurors
and even the stenographers.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Except it was Cohen that actually was sleeping with Stormy Daniels in 2006, and came up with this extortion scheme.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

All I have to say is LOL!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's as legitimate as Cohen's claims, and you know it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I know nothing of the sort. Another lame attempt by Maga to deflect blame.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Not deflecting, directing blame where it rightly should be placed.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This story breaks today, right before the trial? Pfft. All I can say is good luck.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Former Trump White House Lawyer Predicts ‘Incompetent’ Judge Cannon Will Get Booted from Ex-President’s Docs Trial: ‘The 11th Circuit Will Likely Take Her off the Case’
https://www.mediaite.com/crime/former-t ... -the-case/
“I recognize that many commentators today have tried to be polite about Judge Cannon’s missteps here and suggesting that they relate somehow to her experience or incompetence,” Cobb responded. “I think the evidence of her bias is pretty palpable at this stage of the game.”

He went on to note that Cannon has been twice rebuked by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals over her handling of the case, whose progress Cannon is delaying to help Trump – the presumptive GOP presidential candidate – as November’s election nears.

“But her delays here are extraordinary,” he continued. “I mean, as you highlighted as others highlighted, she hasn’t even set a trial date. That’s remarkable. She ignored the government’s request months ago to set the schedule under the Classified Information Procedures Act that there are multiple steps that have to be gone through and she hasn’t she hasn’t completed step one. I think that alone, frankly, doomed the case to not start before the election or next year’s inauguration of whomever wins.”

Cobb then predicted that Smith will ultimately and successfully seek Cannon’s removal from the case by the 11th Circuit:

I think that Jack Smith– I think the filing today makes it plain that she has to rule, and if she doesn’t rule under either scenario, they’ll be in a position to take her up to the 11th Circuit. And I think the 11th circuit will likely take her off the case.

“Just to be clear, you’re saying that you don’t buy that this is just incompetence or inexperience at this point,” Burnett followed up.

“No,” Cobb replied. “I think the evidence is just too overwhelming. I mean, yes, she may be incompetent, but at this stage of the game, her incompetence is so gross that I think it clearly creates the perception of impartiality– of partiality, and her attempt to put her thumb on the scale. So, I think that should disqualify her.”

Cobb has made no secret of his disdain for Cannon’s legal acumen. Last month, he called her handling of the case “embarrassing,” “baffling,” and “unhinged.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »