DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by Mori Chu »

This is petty and silly, and obviously they shouldn't do it. But the dueling "let's name something after Trump" bills made me laugh.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:06 pm
This is petty and silly, and obviously they shouldn't do it. But the dueling "let's name something after Trump" bills made me laugh.

That is funny actually. I'm pretty sure that the toilet at the nearby park has Biden's name on it.
Last edited by In2ition on Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:28 pm
Maybe let's not hypothesize and we can talk about it if somebody actually does go after that guy.
The media is hypothesizing about it. You want me to post articles doing just that?
If somebody commits crimes, I'm fine with somebody "going after" them to hold them accountable. Whatever political party they support. I don't know anything about this guy, so I don't have much to say about him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:07 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:28 pm
Maybe let's not hypothesize and we can talk about it if somebody actually does go after that guy.
The media is hypothesizing about it. You want me to post articles doing just that?
If somebody commits crimes, I'm fine with somebody "going after" them to hold them accountable. Whatever political party they support. I don't know anything about this guy, so I don't have much to say about him.
Is this the, "Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime" type of situation? HOW DARE THIS MAN PUT UP THE BOND FOR TRUMP! GET HIM!!!

"“Show me the man, and I’ll show you the crime.”"
- Lavrentiy Beria, head of Joseph Stalin’s secret police
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's true that being in the public eye can draw attention that might make it more likely a person would be investigated for crimes or other malfeasance. That doesn't come close to your Stalinist description. My question is, why are you so quick to defend people on your team who have committed major crimes? Isn't your party the "party of law and order"?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I haven't defended everyone. I look at each case separately.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The $175m bond posted for Trump seems sketchy. Interesting reporting on it. Why can't Trump seem to pull together even close to this amount of money if he is so rich?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's the equivalent of the average American not being able to cover a $400 emergency.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:43 pm
You defend Trump. You defend the 1/6 insurrectionists.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:14 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:43 pm
You defend Trump. You defend the 1/6 insurrectionists.
Insurrectionists? No one has been charged with insurrection.

Anyone that was violent towards the police, I do not defend. Anyone that never did any violence and just walked in, stayed inside the velvet ropes after the doors were opened and the police invited them in, I will defend.

Anyone that is treated unjustly, I will defend.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Looks like there is a statute in NY that pretty plainly states he should recuse himself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:42 pm
Looks like there is a statute in NY that pretty plainly states he should recuse himself.
► Show Spoiler
Just like Justice Thomas. Right? (You don’t need to answer.)
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2 doesn't care when conservatives do things that are wrong.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:51 am
In2 doesn't care when conservatives do things that are wrong.
That's because they aren't wrong in his world.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Tyler Kolek.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori likes to make sweeping arguments for what I care or do not care about. I believe that what Clarence Thomas gets as far as gifts is specifically allowed in the Supreme Court rules, but go on. Do I think he should live more like a monk and above it all? Perhaps. It's always best to stay above reproach.

My guess is that every Supreme Court Justice does something very similiar, if not exactly the same.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:03 am
Mori likes to make sweeping arguments for what I care or do not care about. I believe that what Clarence Thomas gets as far as gifts is specifically allowed in the Supreme Court rules, but go on. Do I think he should live more like a monk and above it all? Perhaps. It's always best to stay above reproach.

My guess is that every Supreme Court Justice does something very similiar, if not exactly the same.
Not to mention his nut job, far right wife who pushes conspiracy theories and promotes the Jan 6 riots and the fact that Thomas doesn't recuse himself from cases that he should due to that.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:27 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:03 am

Not to mention his nut job, far right wife who pushes conspiracy theories and promotes the Jan 6 riots and the fact that Thomas doesn't recuse himself from cases that he should due to that.
I don't think a Supreme Court Justice should just recuse themselves over the feelings of their spouse, otherwise they would never be able to take any cases that come to them. Everyone's spouses have a viewpoint in one way or the other on big topics, no? Which justices are not married or not in a relationship with a partner?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Haven’t you been arguing that Trump’s judges should be changed because of their family members opinions?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:30 am
Haven’t you been arguing that Trump’s judges should be changed because of their family members opinions?
Not on just opinions, but for example Merchan's daughter directly benefits monetarily from the trial and it's results.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ya, I take hundreds of thousands of dollars in gifts from corporations I have to rule on but, I see nothing wrong with that. They haven’t specifically forbid me from doing it. My wife is 100% all in on MAGA and is pro insurrection but, that doesn’t have any bearing on me.