DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by Mori Chu »

New York state is a totalitarian state? How so?

Seems to me they are collecting on a debt owed because of massive fraud. Seems fine to me. You do the crime, you do the time (/ financial penalty).

Q to In2: What do you think should be the penalty for hundreds of millions of dollars of fraud?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:50 am
New York state is a totalitarian state? How so?

Seems to me they are collecting on a debt owed because of massive fraud. Seems fine to me. You do the crime, you do the time (/ financial penalty).

Q to In2: What do you think should be the penalty for hundreds of millions of dollars of fraud?
Q to Mori:
Who was the victim here?

Who would receive the benefit of the penalty?

How was the ruling and fine given actually fair?

What does the 8th amendment say?

What do totalitarian regimes do? Do they take businesses and properties away from people?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is an interesting development and breakdown from a lawyer on the Letcia James case.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is an interesting article on the FL case and Judge Cannon's latest strange request.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Any prosecutor involved in any case against Trump is an evil lying cheating fraudulent prosecuter that should be fired immediately for being unAmerican. It’s in the playbook.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Remember that Racheal Maddow podcast I was talking about where all the US politicians accused of being Nazi sympathizers were let off the hook after the judge died? None of them were prosecuted but, most of them were voted out of office the next election. The America First pastor that led the anti Jew crusade lost his radio spot and faded away. The point being sometimes the court system doesn’t work well at this type of insurrectionist behavior but, Americans who were watching their sons die in WWII and watched the spectacle in court weren’t excited about voting for openly pro Hitler candidates. Now that Trump (Maga) is pro Putin, I wonder how that plays out with Americans who support our allies.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The DA is requesting a summer trial for Trump's GA case.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Delay, delay, delay…

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump has to come up with a lot of money. His lawyers say he doesn’t have it. The state is threatening taking his property. Trumps ego cannot withstand everyone announcing he doesn’t have the money. Trump today announced that he has $500,000,000 in cash totally undercutting his lawyers trying to save him. Maybe he’s telling the truth and he can just fork over the money. We will certainly know if he’s telling the truth soon.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This won't make Engoron happy.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Only for Donald Trump do the rules get changed at the last minute. I guess he is proving so far that he really is above the law.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just came here to post about this. I honestly don't mind it. If it is helpful to him to have a slightly smaller bond and more time, that's fine. Let the process play itself out. He still owes the full $464m amount if it is not overturned on appeal.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

But Jeremy thinks that means "he really is above the law". :roll:

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:04 am
“So far.”

The rules were literally changed by the appeals court at the last minute to save his ass.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 am
In2ition wrote:
“So far.”

The rules were literally changed by the appeals court at the last minute to save his ass.
What rules were changed? Isn't the appeals court supposed to be the ones that do this?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s because Trump is Christ.

Trump arrest prompts Jesus comparisons: ‘Spiritual warfare’
https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... e188badcd1
Comparisons likening Trump to Christ were among the top online narratives about the Republican former president and his criminal charges circulating in the last several days, according to an analysis of online and social media content conducted by Zignal Labs, a media intelligence firm, on behalf of The Associated Press.

Zignal’s analysis found tens of thousands of mentions calling Trump a martyr. The number more than doubled immediately after Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., linked the prosecution of Trump to the persecution of Christ during an interview.

“Jesus was arrested and murdered by the Roman government,” she said. “There have been many people throughout history that have been arrested and persecuted by radical corrupt governments, and it’s beginning today in New York City.”

Trump’s personal, political and professional history make him an odd choice to stand in for Christ, Christianity’s savior and central figure. Yet it’s an outgrowth from Christian nationalism, a movement that fuses traditional Christian themes and imagery with conservative candidates like Trump, according to John Fea, a historian at Messiah University in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, who has researched evangelical Christianity’s role in American history.

“They see this as spiritual warfare, and Trump is on the side of the angels,” Fea said. “In this view, Trump is politically a savior, he is going to restore America, and he will rise from the ashes in November despite the persecution and the suffering.”

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:12 am
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
“So far.”

What rules were changed? Isn't the appeals court supposed to be the ones that do this?
I suppose they have to authority to do so. But like I said, only for Trump would they alter the standard procedure under state law at the last minute.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:18 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:12 am
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
“So far.”

I suppose they have to authority to do so. But like I said, only for Trump would they alter the standard procedure under state law at the last minute.
It's pretty common practice, and I doubt that they did it because of Trump. You also have to know that only for Trump would they bring a couple suits that were past the statue of limitations, the judge would ignore the higher court rulings on him 4 times, come up with ridiculous rulings on value of properties that everyone and their mother can see is up to 100x lower than actual value, and then find him guilty of a crime that had no victims, was also valued by the bank, was paid off with interest and never missed a payment date. Only for Trump. Hell, the Governor even said so, when she was pleading with companies to not pull out of NY, "This was only for Trump. They wouldn't go after everyone else."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Saw this tonight. Excellent.
"Be Legendary."