DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:03 am
The President willfully taking classified documents with him when leaving the White House, lying about having them, and refusing to give them back / hiding them from investigators who came asking for them. Those parts seem illegal to me.
It's against the law for the President taking & keeping classified & unclassified documents?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Presidents and vice Presidents have accidentally taken or forgotten to give back classified docs before. They find them and give them back. Biden and Pence the most recent.

Trump took a truck load of them on purpose and stored most of them in various places in his resort not secured, right out in the open. He gave tours to people bragging about having them. They knew he took them and they asked for them back nicely. Trump said he had no idea what they were talking about. (Lie) Then, they upped the ante and subpoenaed the documents. Then he all of the sudden found some and turned them in. They knew he took a lot more and he obviously was going to play games with them so they searched his property and found a truckload of them. He had some in his desk right next to his Passport. What does Trump say? All they had to do is ask and I would have gave them back. LIE, they already did.of course he has come up with various reasons as to why he has them. “They are mine!, I declassified them by looking at them. They paid Nixon a lot of money to get his back.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"Hur’s report showed that Joe Biden not only willfully and intentionally mishandled classified documents, stored them in multiple insecure locations, and procured them while Senator and Vice President, but he also misled federal investigators, obstructed justice, and divulged national security secrets.

Biden’s leaks of classified information are deemed to be so serious that the Intelligence Community is now performing a “damage assessment” to ascertain the extent they compromised national security."
Judge Cannon Takes Wrecking Ball to Trump Classified Docs Case Citing Robert Hur’s Report
By thepoliticsbrief - March 14, 2024
https://thepoliticsbrief.com/judge-cann ... rs-report/
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:39 am
Presidents and vice Presidents have accidentally taken or forgotten to give back classified docs before. They find them and give them back. Biden and Pence the most recent.

Trump took a truck load of them on purpose and stored most of them in various places in his resort not secured, right out in the open. He gave tours to people bragging about having them. They knew he took them and they asked for them back nicely. Trump said he had no idea what they were talking about. (Lie) Then, they upped the ante and subpoenaed the documents. Then he all of the sudden found some and turned them in. They knew he took a lot more and he obviously was going to play games with them so they searched his property and found a truckload of them. He had some in his desk right next to his Passport. What does Trump say? All they had to do is ask and I would have gave them back. LIE, they already did.of course he has come up with various reasons as to why he has them. “They are mine!, I declassified them by looking at them. They paid Nixon a lot of money to get his back.”
Vice Presidents and Senators aren't allowed to take classified documents, let alone forget that they kept them for years(even though Biden didn't forget that he kept them, as he went to find them where he knew he kept them when talking to his ghost writer).

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:46 am
"Hur’s report showed that Joe Biden not only willfully and intentionally mishandled classified documents, stored them in multiple insecure locations, and procured them while Senator and Vice President, but he also misled federal investigators, obstructed justice, and divulged national security secrets.

Biden’s leaks of classified information are deemed to be so serious that the Intelligence Community is now performing a “damage assessment” to ascertain the extent they compromised national security."
Judge Cannon Takes Wrecking Ball to Trump Classified Docs Case Citing Robert Hur’s Report
But when Trump does all of that it’s fine, as long as he procured them while President?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:24 pm
In2ition wrote:

But when Trump does all of that it’s fine, as long as he procured them while President?
It's almost like there are different rules for Presidents, than there is for everyone else. Who knew?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:00 pm
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:

It's almost like there are different rules for Presidents, than there is for everyone else. Who knew?
“willfully and intentionally mishandled classified documents, stored them in multiple insecure locations, and procured them while Senator and Vice President, but he also misled federal investigators, obstructed justice, and divulged national security secrets.”

Nope. None of those crimes are okay for Presidents or former Presidents to commit.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:07 pm
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:

“willfully and intentionally mishandled classified documents, stored them in multiple insecure locations, and procured them while Senator and Vice President, but he also misled federal investigators, obstructed justice, and divulged national security secrets.”

Nope. None of those crimes are okay for Presidents or former Presidents to commit.
We will have to just agree to disagree about what the President did or didn't do. There has been a lot of false reporting on the storage, handling, misleading and divulging.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:12 pm
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:

We will have to just agree to disagree about what the President did or didn't do. There has been a lot of false reporting on the storage, handling, misleading and divulging.
I’ve heard the audio myself of him divulging.

“Oh, and bring me a Diet Coke.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:17 pm
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

In this day and age where AI is used for deep fakes, I'll let the cases play out.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:19 pm
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:

In this day and age where AI is used for deep fakes, I'll let the cases play out.
So you’re saying that your only defense of this audio is that it may possibly be fake?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:24 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:19 pm
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

So you’re saying that your only defense of this audio is that it may possibly be fake?

Meh, I can't say that it's fake. We'll see how this plays out.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Judge in the Trump Georgia case has decided NOT to remove DA Fani Willis over her affair. He does recommend that one of Willis or the lawyer Wade may want to step down to avoid the appearance of a conflict. Maybe now we can move on with this case.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trumpers threatening judges whose decisions they don't like.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How do you know which side was threatening him?

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:29 am
:lol:

Me: The sky is blue.

You: How do you know, did the sky tell you that?
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

They shouldn’t make that information public. Now the Trumpers know that they can delay Trump’s trial proceedings for weeks at a time just by making threats.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:04 pm
They shouldn’t make that information public. Now the Trumpers know that they can delay Trump’s trial proceedings for weeks at a time just by making threats.
There's some truth to that. But I also think people should hear how much Trump and his goons have normalized and facilitated political violence as a real problem in every aspect of American politics today.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:48 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:04 pm
There's some truth to that. But I also think people should hear how much Trump and his goons have normalized and facilitated political violence as a real problem in every aspect of American politics today.
You think all or the high majority of political violence is Trump supporters?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:51 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:29 am
:lol:

Me: The sky is blue.

You: How do you know, did the sky tell you that?
Why this response? Seems a little unwarranted.