DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by In2ition »

Not really the same, it's that it's specifically been allowed.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yes, Supreme Court members can do whatever they want and are held to zero ethical standards. I think most people would assume the supposedly most honorable people in America would be above taking bribes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What are you babbling about? Of course they have ethical standards.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:57 pm
Would you agree that it shouldn’t?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:30 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:57 pm
Would you agree that it shouldn’t?
On the surface, it doesn't sound great. How do you combat it?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
I am babbling about Justice Thomas accepting bribes. I realize you won’t call them bribes. They are merely gifts to him from friends that liked him so much that they wanted to give him hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gifts because he’s just such a great person. They wanted to buy him Winnebago’s, houses and pay for relatives educations because he deserves it for being such an honorable person.

Split T

Post by Split T »

That I’m not sure…I would support eliminating it being a lifetime appointment…that seems unnecessary and potentially dangerous. I also am not sure I like them being appointed by whoever happens to be in control at the time.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:40 pm
In2ition wrote:
I am babbling about Justice Thomas accepting bribes. I realize you won’t call them bribes. They are merely gifts to him from friends that liked him so much that they wanted to give him hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gifts because he’s just such a great person. They wanted to buy him Winnebago’s, houses and pay for relatives educations because he deserves it for being such an honorable person.
If he did something illegal, they should prosecute him, or he should be impeached. Wake me up when that happens.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

So you have no problem with Supreme Court justices talking hundred thousand dollar gifts from corporations they rule on? It’s not illegal and you see no conflict of interest there? Thomas says it is widely accepted and not unethical and I guess you agree.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I do not think they should be in the pockets of corporations or lobbyists, just like I don't think that politicians are working in our best interest when they do it either. It would be great to get money out of the machine all together. I think you blaming everything on Clarence Thomas is a bit ridiculous, when this is a systemic problem.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I just said he was taking bribes. I don’t recall blaming everything on him. I’m sure if George Soros donated a half a million dollars to each left leaning Supreme Court judge that you wouldn’t have a problem with that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You are specifically targeting Clarence Thomas, because you blame him for outcomes you don't like. Otherwise, you wouldn't even care. How do we know that the other justices aren't doing the same?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Case outcomes aside, Clarence Thomas shouldn't be accepting fancy gifts and vacations from people who directly bring cases before the Court, which is what he has done. If you defend that, In2, then we disagree.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:03 pm
You are specifically targeting Clarence Thomas, because you blame him for outcomes you don't like. Otherwise, you wouldn't even care. How do we know that the other justices aren't doing the same?
I am specifically targeting Clarence Thomas because he was the one busted taking bribes and telling us all that it is perfectly normal and acceptable. Maybe they all take bribes/gifts. No Supreme Court Justice from any race, sex, religion or political party should be accepting these things. That should be a complete no brainer. Having a Supreme Court wife who refuses to accept the results of the last Presidential election and was part of the political group promoting that theory is scary. I care because our country is hanging on by a thread and nobody believes in anything anymore. Why should anybody believe in Clarence Thomas?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:46 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:03 pm
I am specifically targeting Clarence Thomas because he was the one busted taking bribes and telling us all that it is perfectly normal and acceptable. Maybe they all take bribes/gifts. No Supreme Court Justice from any race, sex, religion or political party should be accepting these things. That should be a complete no brainer. Having a Supreme Court wife who refuses to accept the results of the last Presidential election and was part of the political group promoting that theory is scary. I care because our country is hanging on by a thread and nobody believes in anything anymore. Why should anybody believe in Clarence Thomas?
Are we talking about 'wrong think' and 'thought crimes' now?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

:roll:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am talking about Republicans refusing to accept the results of elections they lose. Most spouses of Supreme Court justices make it a point to avoid politicking. Not Ginny. She is a right wing political activist who promoted not accepting the results of the election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginni_Thomas
Thomas supported Donald Trump during his presidency, offering the administration recommendations on individuals to hire through her work with the conservative Groundswell group. Following Joe Biden's victory in the 2020 presidential election, she repeatedly urged Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows to take steps to overturn the result.[4] Thomas also emailed state lawmakers in Arizona and Wisconsin, urging them to ignore the results of the 2020 presidential election and vote instead for an alternate slate of electors.[5] She made an early social media endorsement of the Trump rally that preceded the January 6 attack on the United States Capitol before the violence took place, and she later apologized for contributing to a rift among her husband's former Supreme Court clerks concerning that riot.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Question for the folks who come to this section: Since there are so many Trump trials and court cases lately, would it be helpful to have one thread for each? Or is it better to post info about any of them under this same "Trump indicted" thread?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Don't know how significant this is.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I’d say one for each but you might run out of site memory.
"Be Legendary."