DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by In2ition »

Idk if Fani will or will not be on this case. I thought it was odd that she was allowed to stay, but only if her bf was off.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I thought it reminded me of a Racheal Maddow podcast I listened to yesterday. I talked about it before. It’s not her making up stuff. It’s already historical record from the 1940’s. I have been listening to a whole series of them and am almost finished. This reminds me of that time.

A prosecutor was onto a bunch of people who were being paid by the Nazi party to #1 keep the US out of WWII and turn the US into a fascist country. 24 US Senators were on the Nazi payroll. The Nazi’s would write speeches for a Senator. He would give these speeches as if they were his words. They would mail out propaganda written by the Nazi’s and a Senator would mail them out. You would think that was a little expensive? Nope Senators send mail for free. Who pays for it? US taxpayers. What a clever scheme.

The prosecutor was tipped off to the scheme by a reporter who uncovered the evidence of something he knew was big. The Prosecutor was getting some of the lower level people and didn’t even know about all the Senators who were in on it.

Anyway what reminded me of this case was when the prosecutor brought it to trial. The Senators were deeply involved in the scheme those people were being prosecuted for. The Senators put a crap load of pressure on everybody and got the prosecutor fired. Then there was a new prosecutor. They tried to fire him. That failed. It went to trial and became a complete three ring circus. Unbelievable stuff happened in the courtroom. After months of ridiculousness and the prosecution getting through about 1/4 of their witnesses the judge dies in his sleep. The trial is over and the DOJ decides to drop the case. That made the prosecutor mad but, what could he do?

Then as time goes on WWII is in full swing and the military fighting Germany overseas discovers a whole treasure chest of Nazi info and the scheme in the US that was going on. They decide to get a hold of the prosecutor and let them know what they found. The prosecutor gets permission to travel to Germany and see what they have. It is a treasure chest. It’s the whole scheme thing from the Nazi perspective and names names.

The prosecutor comes back takes his time and writes a detailed report to give to his superiors. The DOJ gets it and takes it right to President Truman. They decide that the report would destroy American confidence in government and decide to shelve the report and never mention this again.

Once again the prosecutor is pissed off that they are just going to bury the whole thing and decides it’s worth it to go rogue. He takes vacation time and starts doing lectures at colleges telling his story. It doesn’t take any time at all for it to get to the papers and all hell breaks loose. Needless to say the prosecutor was fired. I am right at the last part. The ex prosecutor is about to go on Meet The Press to tell his story. <break to finish podcast>

He told his story and that was it. I guess Truman was a Senator not long before he was VP and was friends with some of the people accused. He sat on the report for his friends. The prosecutor talked about how our system really has no way of dealing with this kind of threat. Corrupt politicians at the top can squash anything that implicates them and the laws have no way of dealing with that. The prosecutor wrote a book detailing the report and nobody bought it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Who cares what Mario Nawfal says?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:48 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:13 am
I thought he was a multi-billionaire? Where's all his money?
Do you think he has the Scrooge McDuck gold coin vault at his place? Is this the Ted Lieu argument, who said he used Math? Even Mark Cuban read him the riot act.
He's what we call house poor. :P Most of his money is tied up into his real estate.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am
Idk if Fani will or will not be on this case. I thought it was odd that she was allowed to stay, but only if her bf was off.
► Show Spoiler
It's all about delay tactics with the Trump legal team. Hoping he becomes President and this all gets swept away.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:45 am
I thought it reminded me of a Racheal Maddow podcast I listened to yesterday. I talked about it before. It’s not her making up stuff. It’s already historical record from the 1940’s. I have been listening to a whole series of them and am almost finished. This reminds me of that time.

A prosecutor was onto a bunch of people who were being paid by the Nazi party to #1 keep the US out of WWII and turn the US into a fascist country. 24 US Senators were on the Nazi payroll. The Nazi’s would write speeches for a Senator. He would give these speeches as if they were his words. They would mail out propaganda written by the Nazi’s and a Senator would mail them out. You would think that was a little expensive? Nope Senators send mail for free. Who pays for it? US taxpayers. What a clever scheme.

The prosecutor was tipped off to the scheme by a reporter who uncovered the evidence of something he knew was big. The Prosecutor was getting some of the lower level people and didn’t even know about all the Senators who were in on it.

Anyway what reminded me of this case was when the prosecutor brought it to trial. The Senators were deeply involved in the scheme those people were being prosecuted for. The Senators put a crap load of pressure on everybody and got the prosecutor fired. Then there was a new prosecutor. They tried to fire him. That failed. It went to trial and became a complete three ring circus. Unbelievable stuff happened in the courtroom. After months of ridiculousness and the prosecution getting through about 1/4 of their witnesses the judge dies in his sleep. The trial is over and the DOJ decides to drop the case. That made the prosecutor mad but, what could he do?

Then as time goes on WWII is in full swing and the military fighting Germany overseas discovers a whole treasure chest of Nazi info and the scheme in the US that was going on. They decide to get a hold of the prosecutor and let them know what they found. The prosecutor gets permission to travel to Germany and see what they have. It is a treasure chest. It’s the whole scheme thing from the Nazi perspective and names names.

The prosecutor comes back takes his time and writes a detailed report to give to his superiors. The DOJ gets it and takes it right to President Truman. They decide that the report would destroy American confidence in government and decide to shelve the report and never mention this again.

Once again the prosecutor is pissed off that they are just going to bury the whole thing and decides it’s worth it to go rogue. He takes vacation time and starts doing lectures at colleges telling his story. It doesn’t take any time at all for it to get to the papers and all hell breaks loose. Needless to say the prosecutor was fired. I am right at the last part. The ex prosecutor is about to go on Meet The Press to tell his story. <break to finish podcast>

He told his story and that was it. I guess Truman was a Senator not long before he was VP and was friends with some of the people accused. He sat on the report for his friends. The prosecutor talked about how our system really has no way of dealing with this kind of threat. Corrupt politicians at the top can squash anything that implicates them and the laws have no way of dealing with that. The prosecutor wrote a book detailing the report and nobody bought it.
That's an interesting story. I may have to check out the Maddow podcast for that history.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:55 am
Who cares what Mario Nawfal says?
Yeah, I'm not looking for Mario Nawfal's opinion here.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:59 am
In2ition wrote:
► Show Spoiler
It's all about delay tactics with the Trump legal team. Hoping he becomes President and this all gets swept away.
I imagine that's correct, since the next judge could just deny the review.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:59 am
In2ition wrote:
► Show Spoiler
He can't make a state prosecution go away even if he's President.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

On deck...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am
Nodack wrote:
Spoiler: show/hide

That's an interesting story. I may have to check out the Maddow podcast for that history.
What is sad is that most of them got away with it. Friends in high places trumps any prosecutor.Obviously they weren’t able to keep the US out of WWII. Then again we only declared war after Japan attacked first. What if Japan never attacked? Do we stay neutral and let Germany have its way with Europe? What would we look like today if that happened?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am
Nodack wrote:

What is sad is that most of them got away with it. Friends in high places trumps any prosecutor.Obviously they weren’t able to keep the US out of WWII. Then again we only declared war after Japan attacked first. What if Japan never attacked? Do we stay neutral and let Germany have its way with Europe?
Have you ever heard that we knew that Japan was going to attack and we sat back to let it happen?

It's possible that we would have stayed neutral.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There was talk that they think they might attack. Like usual the right people didn’t listen and ignored the warnings until it was too late.

Should we have preemptively attacked Japan to get the upper hand? I don’t think that is our style. Putin is threatening all the time that he will destroy America with nukes. Do we attack first or call his bluff? Russia has been threatening the US with nukes for many many decades. NK has been threatening nukes too. “Mister Krushchev said, "We will bury you" he will bury you I don’t subscribe to the point of view”. Maybe one day they do. Then someone will say we should have known they were going to attack.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I mean they actively knew the fleet was heading there and it was going to happen and did nothing to warn Pearl Harbor to prepare.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

No, FDR Did Not Know The Japanese Were Going To Bomb Pearl Harbor

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It was a CoNsPiRaCy!!!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

:roll:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:55 pm
No, FDR Did Not Know The Japanese Were Going To Bomb Pearl Harbor
I don't recall saying that FDR specifically knew.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Definitely not a tOtAlItArIaN sTAtE!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You cheat and lie and there are consequences.
"Be Legendary."