Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Kryptonic

Re: Biden 2024

Post by Kryptonic »

Come on guys…. You know how you can tell a politician is lying? Their lips are moving…. They’re lying sacks of shit.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

RFK's entire family has endorsed his opponent, Joe Biden.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Funny, RFK Jr says he has many family members working on his campaign, so who is lying? Mori or RFK Jr.?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wasn’t there an Arizona politician who’s siblings all endorsed the opponent? How’d that turn out?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am
RFK's entire family has endorsed his opponent, Joe Biden.
Crazy. Talk about a black sheep of the family.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Biden is making sense here.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Biden has slip ups. Trump ALWAYS lies his ass off.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 pm
Biden has slip ups. Trump ALWAYS lies his ass off.
Really? Did Biden have a slip up when he said Uncle Bosey was eaten by cannibals?

Did/does he slip up when he keeps repeating the "good people on both sides" lie?

How about the "suckers" lie he keeps repeating?

Biden is the biggest liar there is. But, it's just a slip up...give me a break.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Biden fibbed about that dumb cannibal story. I don't think it's good for politicians to lie, but I get more upset if it's a lie that matters. I'm not sure Biden's cannibal story really matters any. Dumb thing to lie about. I don't think it affects anything. I also don't think Biden lies more than other politicians, certainly not as much as Trump has.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh, now it's a fib? Was Cornpop a fib too? Or how about how he says he grew up in ______ community(every particular community he is talking to)? Are those fibs too? Was him lying about his grades, his degree, his scholarship a fib too? Or when he kept repeating that the truck driver, that was involved in the accident that killed his wife and daughter, was a drunk driver? He knew that was false and defamed the guy all the time. Was that a fib too? Why are you carrying water for this guy and helping gaslight everyone?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is one of the things I really like about Biden. Mitch McConnell and Mike Johnson are two outright pieces of shit, neither of whom would piss on Biden if he were on fire. Yet he goes out of his way to praise both of them for doing the right thing and working together to pass Ukraine aid. This kind of class is rare coin nowadays in Washington. Donald Trump would absolutely never say something like this.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:02 am
Oh, now it's a fib? Was Cornpop a fib too? Or how about how he says he grew up in ______ community(every particular community he is talking to)? Are those fibs too? Was him lying about his grades, his degree, his scholarship a fib too? Or when he kept repeating that the truck driver, that was involved in the accident that killed his wife and daughter, was a drunk driver? He knew that was false and defamed the guy all the time. Was that a fib too? Why are you carrying water for this guy and helping gaslight everyone?
I don't know about some of those examples you gave; I haven't heard about them one way or the other. But I do know that the "Corn Pop" story has been corroborated as being largely true? mostly true? not completely made up? Here are several sources:

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-bid ... ism-2019-9
https://theweek.com/speedreads/865436/j ... etely-made
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/46164 ... -pop-tale/
Biden's story resurfaced on Twitter over the weekend after a skeptical analysis of whether it actually happened tweeted out by TheRoot.com senior writer Michael Harriot went viral.

After "Corn Pop" trended on Twitter, a CNN reporter found William L. "Corn Pop" Morris' obituary, proving his existence. He also found a newspaper clipping describing the "Romans" gang Biden name-dropped in his anecdote.

Parts of the story were also corroborated by the former head of the NAACP.

A video from 2017 circulated of Biden sharing his tale, which involved him facing off against a straight-razor-wielding Corn Pop while Biden armed himself with a length of chain cut from the pool's deep end.

The pool in question now bears Biden's name, as the Joseph R. Biden Aquatic Center in Wilmington, Delaware.
So I don't think this "Corn Pop" anecdote qualifies Biden as the biggest liar ever or whatever you called him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:48 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:02 am
I don't know about some of those examples you gave; I haven't heard about them one way or the other. But I do know that the "Corn Pop" story has been corroborated as being largely true? mostly true? not completely made up? Here are several sources:

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-bid ... ism-2019-9
https://theweek.com/speedreads/865436/j ... etely-made
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/46164 ... -pop-tale/
Biden's story resurfaced on Twitter over the weekend after a skeptical analysis of whether it actually happened tweeted out by TheRoot.com senior writer Michael Harriot went viral.

After "Corn Pop" trended on Twitter, a CNN reporter found William L. "Corn Pop" Morris' obituary, proving his existence. He also found a newspaper clipping describing the "Romans" gang Biden name-dropped in his anecdote.

Parts of the story were also corroborated by the former head of the NAACP.

A video from 2017 circulated of Biden sharing his tale, which involved him facing off against a straight-razor-wielding Corn Pop while Biden armed himself with a length of chain cut from the pool's deep end.

The pool in question now bears Biden's name, as the Joseph R. Biden Aquatic Center in Wilmington, Delaware.
So I don't think this "Corn Pop" anecdote qualifies Biden as the biggest liar ever or whatever you called him.
Corn Pop could be a real person, but I don't believe the tough guy story he described.

The other "stories" were just lies. I don't think the people of Papau New Guinea were too happy with his "fib".

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Here is Trump again pressing or signaling he might be using his Dictator powers again.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Another slip up?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Another angry fib?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Does Biden fib over and over again when he says that he drove an 18 wheeler?

I wonder if he was just fibbing when he says repeatedly that he was involved in the Civil Rights movement in the 60's?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Does Biden want to overthrow the US government? No Does Trump? He already tried. None of this other BS means anything.

Does Joe lie? Of course he does. Does Trump tell the truth? Almost never about anything. You don’t need to look up 1970’s footage. He lies all day every day 365 days a year. Take the stand Trump. I dare you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hilarious talking about Biden's veracity on stupid shit meanwhile your guy is lying about serious stuff.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:09 pm
Does Biden want to overthrow the US government? No Does Trump? He already tried. None of this other BS means anything.

Does Joe lie? Of course he does. Does Trump tell the truth? Almost never about anything. You don’t need to look up 1970’s footage. He lies all day every day 365 days a year. Take the stand Trump. I dare you.
Lol