Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Kryptonic

Re: Biden 2024

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:42 pm
Hilarious talking about Biden's veracity on stupid shit meanwhile your guy is lying about serious stuff.
I love that no matter what you say about trump he can’t defend it but instead gaslights it with “but Biden did this”…. I’ve said a million times I don’t like either and still he comes in with
“But Biden”.

One guy vs. The whole board over trump and telling everyone else they’re brainwashed is hilarious on a sports teams board. If this was a board for left leaning ideology, I’d get that but not here.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:41 am
Superbone wrote:
Hilarious talking about Biden's veracity on stupid shit meanwhile your guy is lying about serious stuff.
I love that no matter what you say about trump he can’t defend it but instead gaslights it with “but Biden did this”…. I’ve said a million times I don’t like either and still he comes in with
“But Biden”.

One guy vs. The whole board over trump and telling everyone else they’re brainwashed is hilarious on a sports teams board. If this was a board for left leaning ideology, I’d get that but not here.
I think that the left side of this board feels quite embolden to post in the Politics section, and anyone that is right of center stays out, especially when the guy who runs the site is unabashedly left.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:01 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
“But Biden”.

I think that the left side of this board feels quite embolden to post in the Politics section, and anyone that is right of center stays out, especially when the guy who runs the site is unabashedly left.
Sure bud.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:03 am
In2ition wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
“But Biden”.

Sure bud.
Obviously you think what I'm saying is somehow untrue?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:07 am
Kryptonic wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
“But Biden”.

Sure bud.
Yup... I was born and raised conservative and most of my views are conservative but registered as independent because of working in a political office; which a lot of us did so we didn't get any backlash because our Assessor at the time was a Democrat. So keep trying.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:07 am
Kryptonic wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:

“But Biden”.

Sure bud.
Yup... I was born and raised conservative and most of my views are conservative but registered as independent because of working in a political office; which a lot of us did so we didn't get any backlash because our Assessor at the time was a Democrat. So keep trying.
Excuse me if I may have missed your conservative view posts here. I feel like Uncle Bosey on the island here, haha.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
I don't know what exactly you want from me. Everyone is welcome to post in this section and be part of the discussion here if they want to.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 am
In2ition wrote:
I don't know what exactly you want from me. Everyone is welcome to post in this section and be part of the discussion here if they want to.
You're fine Mori. You aren't doing anything wrong, nor is anyone else. You haven't kept anyone from posting here. I've seen a few posters leave this space with disgust, because currently there is a chilling effect that happens from one side. It's overwhelmingly one side that is politically active here, and the other side is essentially just me. It is what it is.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Just another fib from the elderly resident.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You don't care about politicians telling lies. You're just pretending to be outraged about this. It's not worth engaging.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why would I be outraged by a guy fibbing? That's silly.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump has a reputation as a serial liar based on him lying pretty much all the time about everything.

In2 has to combat that by trying to make Biden look like a serial liar. Biden lies about something his uncle did a millennium ago. Trump lies about winning the election, cheating on taxes, raping women, cheating on his wife, trying to overturn elections, intimidating witnesses, the size of everything having to do with him, golfing, valuations of his property and pretty much anything.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Biden has been lying his whole life. Everything about him is a lie or he has lied about it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

And yet no indictments, impeachments or 90 something felonies charged against him. So unfair.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's proof of what in your mind?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 am
You can call it bias, but if they had a case against Biden or any other prominent Dem, they'd pursue it. They tried to impeach and got zippo nada.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 am
You can call it bias, but if they had a case against Biden or any other prominent Dem, they'd pursue it. They tried to impeach and got zippo nada.
And history says that Reps are spineless worms, afraid of the same machine that's going after Trump being turned on them.

My point is that there is evidence that can point different directions if we're being honest. You can say it's proof that Biden is good man, and Orange man bad. Or, it's evidence that the entire system is weaponized against Trump. It depends on your bias.

It's like when the killer is less of the villian than someone who says something about it. How is that not a messed up reality?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You say the entire system has been weaponized against Trump. I see Republicans trying as hard as they can to find anything to prosecute any Dem, especially Biden on and coming up short. It certainly isn’t for lack of trying. You say the entire system is corrupt. I say the system is working great and Cons just can’t seem to find enough evidence to prosecute anything. You certainly do of course. You uncover dozens of huge Dem crimes every day in your X posts and none of the mainstream media from any party seems to care. It must be a coverup and a massive conspiracy?

I have zero empathy for Trump. I think he’s guilty of everything he’s being accused of. I am pleased they are holding accountable for all the harm he has caused.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lawyers for Hunter Biden plan to sue Fox News 'imminently'
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rcna149707
The letter, dated April 23, puts the Fox News Channel and Fox News Digital on notice for litigation claims arising from the network’s alleged “conspiracy and subsequent actions to defame Mr. Biden and paint him in a false light, the unlicensed commercial exploitation of his image, name, and likeness, and the unlawful publication of hacked intimate images of him.”

The new threat of litigation comes almost a year after Fox News agreed to pay almost $800 million to Dominion Voting Systems to settle defamation claims related to Fox’s airing of election fraud claims in the 2020 election. Fox News also agreed to a $12 million settlement with a former employee who alleged she was pressured to provide misleading information as part of the Dominion case.

Fox is currently facing a $2.7 billion lawsuit brought by Smartmatic, another voting system company that was the focus of Fox News coverage, as well as suits brought by shareholders against directors of the company for allowing the channel to air the allegations during its 2020 election coverage. Fox said in its latest financial disclosures that it will contest the lawsuits, but acknowledges that there could be a “material” adverse impact on the company’s business and financial position.

The effort took on new importance with the revelations that the bribery allegations cited on air originated from the FBI informant Alexander Smirnov, who was indicted by the special counsel in February.

In a statement, Geragos said: “For the last five years, Fox News has relentlessly attacked Hunter Biden and made him a caricature in order to boost ratings and for its financial gain. The recent indictment of FBI informant Smirnov has exposed the conspiracy of disinformation that has been fueled by Fox, enabled by their paid agents and monetized by the Fox enterprise. We plan on holding them accountable.”

Hunter Biden has been a focus of Fox News coverage for the last several years. A review of network transcripts by the group Media Matters cites at least 13,440 mentions of Hunter Biden since January 2023. Biden’s legal team believes the number of mentions over many years makes the potential case as significant if not more so than the Dominion case, according to sources familiar with the legal strategy.

The letter alleges that Fox News knew that the bribery allegations were unverified at the time but continued to report that the source was “highly credible,” and demands corrections and retractions — including on-air statements by television hosts “including Sean Hannity, Jesse Watters, and Maria Bartiromo, to inform their viewers on air that they have been sharing a debunked allegation from a source who has been federally indicted.”

The letter also alleges that Fox’s airing of “intimate images” belonging to Hunter Biden that his lawyers claim were “hacked, stolen, and/or manipulated” violates Biden’s civil rights as well as copyright law. Much of the letter is focused on a six-part “mock trial” titled “The Trial of Hunter Biden” that aired in October 2021, described by Fox as what a trial might look like if Biden was charged with FARA or bribery charges — neither of which Biden has been charged with. “While using certain true information, the series intentionally manipulates the facts, distorts the truth, narrates happenings out of context, and invents dialogue intended to entertain. Thus, the viewer of the series cannot decipher what is fact and what is fiction.” The letter demands that the series be removed from all streaming services.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Lawfare, lawfare! So unsporting!