Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Biden 2024

Post by Superbone »

About time. Trump and what he's trying to do to America can't be ignored.

Biden Issues a Blistering Attack on Trump
During an appearance in Arizona, President Biden portrayed former President Donald J. Trump as a budding autocrat with no fidelity to the tenets of American democracy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/28/us/p ... =url-share
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Re: Biden 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

This impeachment inquiry sends to be going well.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Who is this mythical other Democrat?

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't buy the argument that Biden should step aside. And I don't think it's true that "a majority of his own party" want Biden to step aside. Show me any data supporting that outlandish claim. The folks asking for that are being naive about how powerful the incumbency advantage is. Losing that advantage would be a huge loss for the Dems. If Biden runs for re-election, he can run on his record and accomplishments as President. A lot of voters will say, eh he's old, but the past 4 years have been much calmer and more sane than the Trump era; I don't want to go back to that. I also think it would be incredibly awkward to find who the successor candidate would be. I think Kamala Harris would get absolutely destroyed by Trump or most other GOP nominees; she's always had horrible poll numbers, she reads as a big phony, and she faces both sexism and racism in her way. Most of the other candidates like Mayor Pete aren't ready yet. Newsom is interesting, but I think saving him for 2028 is the smarter move.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Think Biden has done a good job as President. Like you said the difference between him and Trump is huge. Biden is normal and does normal things a normal President should. Trump is at conflict with everyone and everything at all times and is constantly insulting multiple people every single day of his life. Trump completely bailed on all our allies. Trump verbally attacked Ukraine, extorted them and praised Russia’s invasion. The list of stuff I hated about Trump is so long I have almost forgotten about half of it.

I wish Biden was younger. He is definitely is too old to run as President imo. At the same time I feel the survival of our country depends on him winning the next election. If Trump somehow wins, we are done as America and become Republistan. The rest of the country won’t accept Republicans turning America into dictatorship and you thought violence in the inner cities is bad now? Trump has an answer. Shoot everybody.

I think a good portion of America has turned kind of a blind eye to politics and base their view of politics off of a few sound bites. My mother before she passed away on the day Biden announced he was running for President. “Oh, I like Biden, he’s a good guy.” A month later after she watched FOX News take him apart. “If we elect Biden we will all be in bread lines fighting for food!” Trump’s recent post. “If we elect Biden America will die!” People like my mother. “I don’t want America to die. I better vote for Trump.” It’s as dumbed down as that and it works. As long as Trump says his BS with conviction they will buy anything he says.

I am not sure how the Biden or Trump saga will turn out. There are a lot of variables happening. There are a whole slew of Republicans waiting in the wings as Presidential choices that are running against Trump that won’t say a single bad thing about him out of fear even though he has four criminal indictments some major legal losses that paint him as a total fraud. They are waiting to see how his legal woes turn out and hope to capitalize if he is convicted and barred from running. If it was Biden that was impeached twice, his business found guilty of fraud and shut down, 90 something criminal charges brought by four different indictments and lost a rape/defamation trial, would they be be keeping quiet about it? Hell no.

Biden seems to be running for another term, which would make him real old by the time his term is up. My best guess is that he would stay on as President for awhile and then step down and let Kamala take over as the first Black/Indian/Woman President in US history. Or he could pull a Feinstein and stay on until he collapses in his chair. That would be lame of him like it was lame of Feinstein and lame of McConnell. Time for age limits in Washington. And while we are on it, term limits. And while we are on it strict rules on all government employees receiving gifts including the Supreme Court judges who up until now were thought of as so honorable that they didn’t need any rules.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:09 am
I don't buy the argument that Biden should step aside. And I don't think it's true that "a majority of his own party" want Biden to step aside. Show me any data supporting that outlandish claim.
Here’s one recent poll: https://www.axios.com/2023/09/07/poll-b ... voters-cnn
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So who steps in and how does that work? I guess first it's up to Biden to decide not to run again?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He sure does seem to be running again.

https://joebiden.com/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:26 pm
He sure does seem to be running again.

https://joebiden.com/
So in other words, all this complaining is for nought? It's already a done deal?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s a done deal until he says otherwise. He announced, has an election web site and seems to be campaigning. He even started attacking Trump after not even mentioning his name before recently.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Recent polls show Biden losing narrowly to Trump. His support among young people has dropped in recent months. It's a long way till the election, but he has work to do.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hunter Biden gets indicted for 9 counts of tax fraud.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Lock him up. Put him and Trump in the same cell. That would be something. I bet they’d get along famously.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:02 pm
Lock him up. Put him and Trump in the same cell. That would be something. I bet they’d get along famously.
Can already see Comedy Central making an animated take on this. 😂

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

More strong economic numbers. Polls indicate that many Americans think the economy is still doing badly, but the numbers have been strong for months.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republicans are ramping up rhetoric about impeaching Joe Biden. Maybe if they launch an actual impeachment process we should make a thread for it. Meanwhile, even Fox News admits that they don't seem to have any hard evidence:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

More about incoming impeachment.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What would be great is for this impeachment to backfire and force a younger candidate into the race who goes on to wipe the floor with Donald Trump.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:08 pm
What would be great is for this impeachment to backfire and force a younger candidate into the race who goes on to wipe the floor with Donald Trump.
I think it's too late for any of that. We are getting Biden v Trump unless Trump is imprisoned.

Split T

Post by Split T »

That’s unfortunate…I’m not even sure I want to vote. I’d obviously prefer Biden but I’m not excited about an 85 year old president