Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Biden 2024

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 am
OK Linda, keyboard solo, go!

I think even I could learn to do that.

And Paul looks so dang proud.
Improvise and then I'll be impressed. Right, anybody here could.
Ngl, I couldn't do it. I can't read music and I can't play an instrument.
You don't have to. You can't sing that part back? It's pretty simple. You could memorize the notes on a piano in less than an hour.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Even if you're all thumbs and no rhythm?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:57 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 am
OK Linda, keyboard solo, go!

I think even I could learn to do that.

And Paul looks so dang proud.
Improvise and then I'll be impressed. Right, anybody here could.
Ngl, I couldn't do it. I can't read music and I can't play an instrument.
You don't have to. You can't sing that part back? It's pretty simple. You could memorize the notes on a piano in less than an hour.
I’d have to 8vb it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

She definitely looked like she was putting her all into it. She was playing the synth line and all the chords on the electric piano below the synth and singing a little. I didn’t know she was on the recording. I assumed they had studio musicians play on the recording and she played live. I don’t know how much a virtuoso she is. She played all the parts in tune and on time. She’s definitely a step up from Yoko.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:43 pm
Even if you're all thumbs and no rhythm?
OK, maybe not everybody. :P

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Interesting.
Undergraduate in music.
Masters in Social Work.
Doctorate in social work.

Council Economic Advisors Chairman.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Obvious career path... smh. Guy sounds super knowledgeable. Again... it's not what you know, it's who you know.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is of no surprise at all. Digital banning of books, digital book burning, censorship.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

My kids just sent this to me. Yikes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Are you saying you think he pooped his pants? Meh. Inconclusive.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

In my naivete, I was wondering what was going on

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 6:42 pm
Are you saying you think he pooped his pants? Meh. Inconclusive.
Ah, as a parent, you see it too. I think Jill saw it too, which is why she turned away and dropped her head.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I didn't "see it" as a parent. I looked at the clip, and since you posted it, I tried to assume what is the worst thing a person could be saying about Biden in this clip or what's the way to make this clip an attack on Biden. It took me a minute to figure out that that's what you were getting at. I don't actually think he pooped his pants. I think you're seeing what you want to see because you don't like him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:44 pm
Weird, I thought America was overrun with crime and murder since Biden took office?

Here is the explanation of those "statistics".
The Media Say Crime Is Going Down. Don’t Believe It
The decline in reported crimes is a function of less reporting, not less crime.
By John R. Lott Jr.
April 24, 2024 2:50 pm ET
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-media- ... t-e5b07784
Americans think crime is on the rise, but the media keep telling them they’re wrong. A Gallup survey last year found that 92% of Republicans and 58% of Democrats thought crime was increasing. A February Rasmussen Reports survey found that 61% of likely voters say violent crime in the U.S. is getting worse, while only 13% think it’s getting better. Journalists purport to refute this by citing official crime statistics showing a downward trend.

Americans aren’t mistaken. News reports fail to take into account that many victims aren’t reporting crimes to the police, especially since the pandemic.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Suuuuuure. There's tons of horrible crime but people just don't bother to say anything about it. Is the crime in the room with you right now?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hilarious. These are the facts but they're not really because they're not being reported correctly. So easy to say. That's the whole Trump platform. Just say things enough times until people believe them. Like about election integrity. It doesn't matter what's real anymore.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I take it you didn't read the article.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:13 am
I take it you didn't read the article.
Of course not. It’s paywalled. You have no right to dispute conservatives if you don’t pay them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Toxic culture is the norm at the FDIC, outside review cites 500 employee complaints
MAY 7, 20247:16 PM ET
Scott Horsley
https://www.npr.org/2024/05/07/12497152 ... harassment
An outside review of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation found a toxic workplace where hundreds of employees complained of sexual harassment, discrimination and other misconduct which went largely ignored by the agency's management.

The investigation was commissioned after a scathing report last fall in the Wall Street Journal, which documented strip club visits, lewd messages, heavy drinking and bullying at the government agency, which is responsible for safeguarding Americans' bank deposits.

Cap

Post by Cap »

And you put that in this thread because you think it reflects on Biden? There is nothing in that article that suggests it’s a new problem that only began in the last three years. The only bad actor identified in the article has been there for twenty.