AZ indicts Republicans for effort to overturn 2020 election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

AZ indicts Republicans for effort to overturn 2020 election

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. Big story just dropped. Holy shit.

Mori Chu

Re: AZ indicts Republicans for effort to overturn 2020 election

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Totally not leftist lawfare run amuck once again.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

Any prosecution of conservatives is “lawfare run amok” to you, isn’t it? Do you seriously think this isn’t a crime?

Even if you have a good faith belief that there was voter fraud that the election board missed, that the election board erred in certifying the Democratic Electors as the winners, and that the courts erred in not upholding your lawsuits against the election board, that doesn’t give you the right to forge documents presenting yourselves as the lawfully certified winners. You’d be screaming bloody murder if Democrats ever attempted such a stunt.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Not any. That's silly. But when it's indictment after indictment and you see obvious other crimes not being addressed, it's pretty f'ing obvious to every except those who are blind to it.

I hate to tell you this, but it's been done by Democrats many times in the past.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:16 pm
Not any. That's silly. But when it's indictment after indictment and you see obvious other crimes not being addressed, it's pretty f'ing obvious to every except those who are blind to it.

I hate to tell you this, but it's been done by Democrats many times in the past.
Yeah, it was done by Democrats in 1876. Real burn.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Even much more recently.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They can settle it in court. I for one will rejoice to see anybody involved in trying to overturn our democracy go to prison.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If they are innocent, they can prove it in court. That’s called the legal system. We already know they are guilty. They did it right out in the open and even signed it. In2 calls it lawfare. I call it justice. They don’t get to attempt a coup and not get called out on it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You can indict a ham sandwich. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to falsely indict any of you, and have you to go through trials, while draining your lifesavings and any assets you have for something that isn't true.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do you approve of what the AZ GOP electors did, In2?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:54 am
You can indict a ham sandwich. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to falsely indict any of you, and have you to go through trials, while draining your lifesavings and any assets you have for something that isn't true.
Falsely is the key word. They aren’t being falsely accused of a crime. They tried to overturn an election through sneaky underhanded shit and were busted for it. Complain all you want about how they are falsely being accused of something they didn’t do. The evidence against them is pretty overwhelming. They did it under the direction of Trump to falsely try to make Trump President through a ridiculous plan.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 am
Do you approve of what the AZ GOP electors did, In2?

No, because that wasn't going to fix anything. It was putting the cart before the horse. I don't think they were thinking that many steps ahead or what would happen if it wasn't straightened out to their satisfaction. Now, if the Congress actually sent it back to the state to look into the claims, then found there was fraud, then you could do it in the proper procedure. They needed to follow the process.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you don't approve of what they did in AZ, and if it violates AZ or federal election laws, do you support them being prosecuted for violating those laws? Or do you feel they should not be prosecuted? Why or why not?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 am
If you don't approve of what they did in AZ, and if it violates AZ or federal election laws, do you support them being prosecuted for violating those laws? Or do you feel they should not be prosecuted? Why or why not?
I don't think this is a precedent that should be pursued, as it would create this tit for tat and escalation of going after the other side at every moment. I just don't want the pendulem to swing so far to the other side to balance this out. If that happens, we will be seeing wide swings from far left to even further right, to even further left. There is a lot of death and suffering to the innocent population that happens when this occurs.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Your side did the bad things. They are the ones paying the massive fines all over the place and going to jail in large numbers. Trump lost. He has never admitted to losing at anything ever and refused to admit he lost. He made up a bunch of crap and Maga believed every word. Nobody else did. Now his schemes to stay in power have all failed and are coming back to haunt him. Maga can respond by killing people if they want.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:22 am
Your side did the bad things. They are the ones paying the massive fines all over the place and going to jail in large numbers. Trump lost. He has never admitted to losing at anything ever and refused to admit he lost. He made up a bunch of crap and Maga believed every word. Nobody else did. Now his schemes to stay in power have all failed and are coming back to haunt him. Maga can respond by killing people if they want.
Are you unwell? This comes off as an unhinged rant that I would expect from the likes of Keith Olbermann. It might be time to step away from the computer and chill with some smooth vibes on the guitar.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am doing great. Unhinged rant to Maga I suppose. You were the one who mentioned all the death and suffering that would happen over Trumps legal woes. Trump is facing almost 100 felony charges in four different jurisdictions around the country. He’s not doing great. You want rants? Check out any Trump post on any day 365. CNN paid $0 in fines over lying about Dominion and the stolen election scam. FOX paid $787,000,000 in a settlement lying about Dominion. They made up bs to cover for Jan 6 saying it was BLM and Intifada. Republicans want to impeach Biden and the Homeland Security boss and couldn’t find enough evidence to do anything.

Trump and his Cons are in real legal jeopardy because of all the illegal bs they attempted. Cons say it’s not fair and how come the Dems aren’t in the same trouble? I say again, if you have evidence of a crime then let’s see the indictments.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You totally missed the point and essence of what I was saying. How could that be? I was talking about when the government swings wildly to one side or the other to make up for injustice done by the other side. Too far right, and you have a military state and possibly argue the Moussulini in Italy and in Germany the Nazis(although I would say that most of their views were on the left) with a military state and marshall law. Too far left, and you have mass killings by the government, like Stalin & Lenin in the USSR, Mao in China, Pol Pot and the Khmar Rouge in Cambodia.

You can't take a step back and look at the big picture and see what is happening. You see all the lawsuits and weaponization of the DOJ and justice system as some type of validation for your feelings of your side. You think this shows that you were right all along, and it's blinding you to what the logical conclusion is and how history shows what will happen if the pendulum swings back. The left used to be about peace, free speech and now they are the war mongers, for censorship, the party of dirty tricks, and the weaponization of every government agency against the American people.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We probably won't ever agree on this stuff. I personally am strongly in favor of accountability to members of both parties when they break the law. IMO Trump has broken the law several times in serious ways, and I support him having his day in court over that. Ditto with those of his supporters who broke the law with him. I also support investigating and/or prosecuting any Democrats who may have broken laws themselves. I don't think any of this constitutes "weaponizing" anything nor evil scary "lawfare" as you like to call it. It's called law and justice. Don't you want that in this country?