Roster Rebuild Game

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Roster Rebuild Game

Post by Shabazz »

Good god.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:26 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:10 am
SDC wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:33 am
My offseason moves:
1) Chandler, Chriss, Suns 2019 first round pick for Dragic
2) Acquire Milos Teodosic
This will be enough to guarantee the suns a playoff spot in the west.
It won't require a 1st, according to Miami.
I dont know where you got that information (pat riley?), but i'd be willing to part with the 2019 1st if that's what it takes.
It was according to their beat writer in the Miami Herald.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 am
SDC wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:26 am
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:
My offseason moves:
It won't require a 1st, according to Miami.
I dont know where you got that information (pat riley?), but i'd be willing to part with the 2019 1st if that's what it takes.
It was according to their beat writer in the Miami Herald.
huh? which miami herald article?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:
It won't require a 1st, according to Miami. They will take a 2nd to relieve themselves of his contract. Does that change your proposal? And how many pgs do the Suns need? Dragic, Knight, Milos, Ulis, Okobo, Harrison, etc.
If that's actually true and Dragic and the Suns are in a good place after the fiasco, I am game. I'd be more than fine with Dragic-Okobo at PG. Also want to keep Shaq as he can be on PGs or SGs and I loved his intensity and athleticism. If Ulis is ok not playing, he can stay one more season for depth.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think the Dragic stuff is far fetched.
There is no appetite to trade Goran Dragic — and the Heat would very much prefer to keep Bam Adebayo and Josh Richardson. But as Riley has said, no one on the roster is untouchable and any could be offered if a superstar becomes available.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... 74104.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There is no appetite to trade Goran Dragic — and the Heat would very much prefer to keep Bam Adebayo and Josh Richardson. But as Riley has said, no one on the roster is untouchable and any could be offered if a superstar becomes available.
Can I interest you in a superstar named Marquese Chriss?

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:
My offseason moves:
It won't require a 1st, according to Miami. They will take a 2nd to relieve themselves of his contract. Does that change your proposal? And how many pgs do the Suns need? Dragic, Knight, Milos, Ulis, Okobo, Harrison, etc.
We can trade Knight to his hometown team of Miami as well.

SDC

Post by SDC »

anybody want tony parker for veteran leadership?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:14 am
anybody want tony parker for veteran leadership?
I don't think he has much left in the tank. And I think whatever he does have left would probably contribute much more in San Antonio where he knows the system and coaching staff so well. I think if he went to any other team he'd really drop off.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Looking at the landscape in the NBA, part of me wants us to bypass the 2019 free agent class and target space in 2020. There are going to be a lot of teams with cap space and a good percentage of the top free agents either won't come here (Durant) or are wings (Klay, Butler), where we appear to be set. If we come out of the 2019 offseason with the same team and a 33-year old Goran Dragic, that would be a big disappointment.

I'd look to use Chandler and Dudley to either A) take on productive players whose contracts extend beyond next summer or B) pick up usable assets by picking up dead weight contracts.

An example of 'A' would be something like Dudley/Chandler/Knight/MIL pick for Kevin Love and George Hill. Or Dudley/Chandler/Pick for Kevin Love. (Hill's contract only has a small guarantee in 2019-2020)

An example of 'B' would be Dudley/Chandler/Daniels for J. Noah/Frankie N./Dotson.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Who is in the 2020 class? Is that AD/Lillard?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The only way we're signing a top tier FA is if Booker, Jackson and Ayton look amazing enough to garner attention around the league and become players other guys want to play with. They also need to recruit other guys because the NBA is all about relationships now. But if we're still a 30 win team and McD and Sarver are still clowns, the club's reputation will hurt that more than anything.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:54 pm
Who is in the 2020 class? Is that AD/Lillard?
I think so, but I honestly wasn't eve considering who was available.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:08 pm
The only way we're signing a top tier FA is if Booker, Jackson and Ayton look amazing enough to garner attention around the league and become players other guys want to play with. They also need to recruit other guys because the NBA is all about relationships now. But if we're still a 30 win team and McD and Sarver are still clowns, the club's reputation will hurt that more than anything.
All the more reason to take matters in to our own hands and not count on a top tier free agent choosing us over 10 other teams.