Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Cardinals

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

So Wilks is the football version of Earl Watson?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Pretty much. Just replace the word “love” with “physicality”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

And now Pat P wants out? Yikes, this is getting ugly.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Cards might only win three games this season.

#CirclingtheBowlfast
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Split T

Post by Split T »

They just need to blow it up. Trade Peterson for a nice haul. Get the #1 overall pick and trade it to someone who needs a QB to add even more picks. Get Rosen an offensive line and some weapons to throw to. I'd even be open to moving David Johnson for the right package.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I have a radical draft plan, and I wonder if it would work. For the next 5 years, they should trade down and stockpile picks, particularly future 1sts. So if you have #1, trade down 3 spots to #4, pick up a couple future 1sts and 2nd. Then move down more, pick up some more, such and such. Every 1st for the next 5 years you just trade down for a haul, until you've picked up 1sts exponentially.

In the meantime, you could build your team around 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

After 5 years, then you let your scouting staff identify the players and drafts to start pulling the best players. Perhaps in consecutive years you could find yourself building the kind of team you need while on rookie contracts.

Idk, maybe it's a dumb idea, but you might be able to multiply the number of 1sts and 2nds to be quite significant.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Good for Leftwich
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Steve Wilks fired after 1 season. 3 - 13.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:36 am
Steve Wilks fired after 1 season. 3 - 13.
So I'm a Niners fan and was annoyed as hell that the Cards got the top pick. But, I'm curious as to how you think the Cards will draft. Everyone says Bosa is the surefire top pick, but is that what the Cards need? I don't follow them really at all, but I would imagine that protecting the potential franchise QB is the top priority, although it doesn't appear that there are top flight OT options in the draft. I've seen people speculate that they may take OT, or trade down. I initially was all in on Bosa, but after seeing what Josh Allen did today, I almost hope AZ picks Bosa at 1 to make the Niners decision at 2 so much easier.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I really want the Cards to move down, collect more picks and draft assets, and then move down some more and continue to collect more assets until around 14. Then pick N'Keal Harry and use the capital that you've collected on the OLine and/or Best Available.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, if we can move down and get a big haul of picks, I’d do that. Unfortunately there isn’t a bunch of big time qb’s that teams will be trading up for. Hopefully Haskins has a big pre draft and someone falls in love. If we stay at #1 I’d just take Bosa...I don’t know a ton about him but he seems like the best player. Really need to build the OL and WR corps too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So what do you guys think of the new head coach, Kliff Kingsbury?
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

He's supposed to be a good offensive coach and developer of QBs.
So it's an investment in Rosen, who had a shaky rookie season.

It's a step in a decent direction.
Now need to find a good defensive coordinator.
Then draft well and sign good free agents .... needs include WR, TE, OL, Interior DL.
Lots of work still ahead.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Any thoughts/feelings about Tampa's new hire?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:28 am
Feels like possibly Arians didn't like Keim? idk

He's putting together a heck of a coaching staff though. Expect Tampa to have a big turnaround next year.

carey

Re: RE: Re: Cardinals

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

He's putting together a heck of a coaching staff though. Expect Tampa to have a big turnaround next year.
Ugh. As a die hard Saints guy this is the last thing I want. Anyway, Keim seems like a garbage GM.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Re: RE: Re: Cardinals

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:57 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

Ugh. As a die hard Saints guy this is the last thing I want. Anyway, Keim seems like a garbage GM.
I'm kind of leaning that way too.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kliff Kingsbury couldn’t win shit with Patrick Mahomes. He’s going to do better in the NFL? Color me skeptical.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:45 am
Kliff Kingsbury couldn’t win s*** with Patrick Mahomes. He’s going to do better in the NFL? Color me skeptical.
You're skeptical.

I'm skeptical too. Heck, he basically took for granted what Baker Mayfield did for him and forced him to transfer out. In his defense, it's not like being the 7th or 8th choice of the recruits and or picking up scraps on the recruiting trail and not winning with that type of talent makes you a bad coach. I thought he did pretty well in regards to the level of talent at his disposal, Patrick Mahomes and Baker Mayfield were the exception. I think he probably would have done better if he had the recruiting classes that Oregon has had over the years. No?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 am
I think he probably would have done better if he had the recruiting classes that Oregon has had over the years. No?
I can’t say for sure that he’d have done better, but recruiting is the most important aspect of college sports. He clearly didn’t perform well at that part of his job.

He was 22-40 against FBS competition at TT. That’s pretty damn bad for a public university in Texas.