Suns News week 22--March 11-17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Suns News week 22--March 11-17

Post by jonh »

If I missed the news thread for this week, I sincerely apologize, and will delete this thread.

Great article on BSOS on Bridges:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019 ... te-players

Kemba Walker thinking of leaving:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019 ... -than-stay

Suns Bromance:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019 ... to-success

Suns are doing well (less bad?) against the best:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019 ... best-teams

Okobo has been recalled:
https://www.nba.com/suns/press-release/ ... ona-1#gref

Some Sunny D:
http://arizonasports.com/story/1872082/ ... ew-things/

Scouting, Suns style:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 130522002/

Superbone

Re: Suns News week 22--March 11-17

Post by Superbone »

You're good. Thanks! I just hope Carey is OK.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:39 pm
I'm around, just been busy with family stuff. Plus I'm a little burnt out so thanks for getting this up!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
I'm around, just been busy with family stuff. Plus I'm a little burnt out so thanks for getting this up!
Glad to hear you're doing alright, Carey!
"Be Legendary."

jonh

Post by jonh »

carey wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
No problem. It helps that the Suns currently suck less than they have the last 3 months.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

it's a real bummer that Kelly's solid play seems to be making him a FA target for multiple teams cause I want him to stay but not sure if that will be possible without us having to pay up which would not be ideal
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

jonh

Post by jonh »

One more--BSOS is churning out some pretty fun content for those that do not want to work (like me):

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019 ... oenix-suns

P.S. Dissertations are tedious.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for making the weekly thread! These threads, along with Game Day threads, are the lifeblood of the site. You're the best. Carey does an awesome job making them almost every week, and we all owe him for that.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

26. Phoenix Suns (28)

Welp! You can't leave the Suns ranked in the bottom three when they've got a winning record in March and shocking victories over the Bucks and Warriors less than a week apart.

Devin Booker pasted the Warriors for 37 points and 11 assists in Sunday's 115-111 stunner, and Deandre Ayton is stringing decent defensive stretches together more often as the season winds down.

Organizational dysfunction remains the prevailing narrative, but the blossoming talent is undeniable. Before anyone gets too excited, keep in mind Phoenix is still a 16-win team.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Moving up in the world

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We're number 26!!

We definitely have been improving this month. I think this probably causes Igor to keep his job. Don't you think? I also wonder what it means for our offseason. I hope it doesn't convince our front office that we just need to run it back with this same team and count on natural improvement. We will improve naturally due to age and experience, but we have a gaping hole at PG (and likely at PF) that we urgently need to fill through the draft, free agency, and/or trades.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I can’t imagine they’ll stand pat. They’ll try to make a splash in some way. I’m thinking it’s more and more likely a trade is what brings in our biggest piece. I wonder if Orlando would be interested in a trade based around Warren for Gordon. Then draft Ja, bring back Oubre and Holmes and sign a vet FA to come off the bench..

Johnson/Booker/Oubre/Gordon/Ayton
Morant/Melton/Bridges/FA/Holmes

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:27 am
We're number 26!!

We definitely have been improving this month. I think this probably causes Igor to keep his job. Don't you think? I also wonder what it means for our offseason. I hope it doesn't convince our front office that we just need to run it back with this same team and count on natural improvement. We will improve naturally due to age and experience, but we have a gaping hole at PG (and likely at PF) that we urgently need to fill through the draft, free agency, and/or trades.
Jones knows that. He's said it multiple times.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:19 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
We're number 26!!

But so did Ryan for 2 full years and never did anything about it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:02 am
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
We're number 26!!

Interestingly enough, they're not the same person.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
We're number 26!!

Wow! I had no idea!

But you know what, they do have the exact same boss. The same one that has a really heavy hand. And gets involved in things he shouldn't.

Nobody thinks Ryan was a stupid guy. He publicly said over and over that we needed to find a starting PG. I don't think we didn't get one because he couldn't find one. He couldn't find one that would fit the rules set forth by his boss. And Ryan was already well connected to FOs around the league. Based on that ESPN report, most GMs around the league don't even know who to call when they want to talk to the Suns. There was no customary announcement to all teams about who to call, what number, and who does what.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:03 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
We're number 26!!

Wow! I had no idea!

But you know what, they do have the exact same boss. The same one that has a really heavy hand. And gets involved in things he shouldn't.

Nobody thinks Ryan was a stupid guy. He publicly said over and over that we needed to find a starting PG. I don't think we didn't get one because he couldn't find one. He couldn't find one that would fit the rules set forth by his boss. And Ryan was already well connected to FOs around the league. Based on that ESPN report, most GMs around the league don't even know who to call when they want to talk to the Suns. There was no customary announcement to all teams about who to call, what number, and who does what.
We'll see. I'm already happy with the Johnson and Oubre acquisitions although the Oubre one did sound like an accident. I'll just say he's off to a good start. Plus, there might be a new guy in there calling the shots.
"Be Legendary."