2019 NBA Playoffs First Round

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs First Round

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Watching Giannis is fun. He reminds me a lot of Westbrook, but without the asshole attitude.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:58 am
And Gambo tried to get the Suns to trade their pick unprotected for Rozier at the beginning of the year, on behalf of his good friend Ainge.
With that kind of idiocy, it’s a wonder Sarver didn’t hire him to run the team.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Warriors go up by 31 and lose. Ouch!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In 2 games, the Warriors don't have an answer for the Lou Williams / Montrezl Harrell pick and roll. I think they win this series, but they are going to have to turn it up a level to beat anyone else in the west.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think the warriors might be pretty vulnerable...I think Houston could beat them in round 2...I also think I’d pick Milwaukee to beat them in the finals.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I watched that Warriors/Clips game to the end. It was a great game; what a comeback by LAC. Harrell is such a beast; I love the way he plays. And Lou Williams had a great game as well, of course. I didn't like watching Beverley because I think he's dirty. He just pushes and shoves and tries to visibly irritate Durant and the other Warriors players. That isn't good sportsmanship IMO. But the Clips still deserve all the credit for their great comeback, and the Warriors deserve some criticism for taking their foot off the gas after their strong first half.

I still don't think the Clips have any chance in the series, but at least they made some history and made it interesting.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I don’t think Pat Bev is dirty. He’s not out there Bruce Bowen trying to low key hurt people. He’s just physical and intentionally annoying. He’s more like a Lance Stephenson. I would love to cheer for him on my team, and hate him when he’s not. I could never root for Bruce Bowen.

Cap

Post by Cap »

What does everybody think about Joel Embiid’s elbow to Jarrett Allen’s face? There was a lot of argument about whether it should have been a Flagrant 1 or Flagrant 2. I seem to recall Karl Malone injuring players in the exact same way on a regular basis and never getting thrown out of a game for it.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I think it should have been a flagrant 2 - it looked like he was using it to clear out, it wasn't just incidental as he was trying to turn.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Cap

Post by Cap »

Shaq and Kenny argued that it’s not an F2, because intent is impossible to prove, because his hand never left the ball. Ernie and Chuck disagreed. It seems the league office agreed with Shaq and Kenny.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Well, since when does someone have to let go of the ball to swing their elbows forcefully? The video doesn't lie.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:02 am
Warriors go up by 31 and lose. Ouch!
That was a crazy come back! Just shows what can happen if you just keep plugging away and never give up. Warriors were feeling great up 31 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Wow.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm
I don’t think Pat Bev is dirty. He’s not out there Bruce Bowen trying to low key hurt people. He’s just physical and intentionally annoying. He’s more like a Lance Stephenson. I would love to cheer for him on my team, and hate him when he’s not. I could never root for Bruce Bowen.
I enjoy it, I must admit. I'm sure some of that it is because I despise Durant.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm
I think it should have been a flagrant 2 - it looked like he was using it to clear out, it wasn't just incidental as he was trying to turn.
Agreed. When I watched it, I thought, that's a 2. I don't care that his hand didn't come off the ball like Shaq said, that wasn't a natural turn to the rim. That was done with bad intentions.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I had no idea Montrezl Harrell was this good before watching this series. He is relentless. Love his energy.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:44 pm
I had no idea Montrezl Harrell was this good before watching this series. He is relentless. Love his energy.
Not sure I understand why Portland let him go.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:55 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Well for one, they never had him. He was drafted by Houston and traded to the Clips in the CP3 deal. I was a big fan of his coming out of Louisville. I like what we have in Holmes now tho. Gotta make sure he's re-signed.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:55 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Well for one, they never had him. He was drafted by Houston and traded to the Clips in the CP3 deal. I was a big fan of his coming out of Louisville. I like what we have in Holmes now tho. Gotta make sure he's re-signed.
Well, that's a pretty good reason. I swear I remember him playing for the Blazers. I guess it was Houston. Ah, you know who I'm thinking of? Who's that other bruiser they had? Swanigan is who I'm thinking of on the Blazers (and now the Kings). But I do remember Harrell being a beast for the Rockets I guess.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea Caleb Swanigan. Another 6-8ish wide body banger and another guy I liked in the draft recently. Those guys have a place in the league for sure.