2019 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread

Post by ShelC »

I don't see much of a combo guard in NAW, more of a shooting guard. His assists came within the flow of the offense, on set plays. Didn't see a lot of ball handling/distributing as a primary ballhandler and despite the 4apg he averaged a little over 2 TOs per game. He's a smooth offensive player tho, real good looking shot, knows how to move off the ball, crafty off the dribble and can finish well with either hand but not a particularly explosive athlete. And he's a little slender right now so matching up defensively will be a challenge until he adds some weight and gets stronger. He's kind of in that back end of the lotto-late teens range right now.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:51 pm
Is he better than Melton as soon as he gets here?
I think he is 10x better than what Melton was last year. However, who knows what improvements Melton has made or is in the process of making?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

This sucks:

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1137836255088168960

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:This sucks:

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1137836255088168960

I feel bad for the kid. What a bad break.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What timing. :-( If it had been a month or two later, he'd at least have a contract and millions of dollars. Now, will he even have an NBA career?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Click the link, the Suns have him listed as a Forward. That would be pretty interesting. Reports are that he has really soft hands. I guess he catches everything. That's a stark difference from having watched Len all those years, and I'm not super impressed with Ayton's mitts yet.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Click the link, the Suns have him listed as a Forward. That would be pretty interesting. Reports are that he has really soft hands. I guess he catches everything. That's a stark difference from having watched Len all those years, and I'm not super impressed with Ayton's mitts yet.
Sorry it was a tweet about Jaxon Hayes to this link. https://www.nba.com/suns/draft/2019/jaxson-hayes#
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

He's probably the third best finisher in the draft after Clarke and Zion. Unlike both you can play him at C. Like Clarke his jump shot is not functional. The way he shoots it with his elbow sticking out to the side. You won't be able to play him much as a PF.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

With that said, he still is a 74% FT shooter.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:With that said, he still is a 74% FT shooter.
30 points better than Lonzo which is nuts!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:45 pm
He's probably the third best finisher in the draft after Clarke and Zion. Unlike both you can play him at C. Like Clarke his jump shot is not functional. The way he shoots it with his elbow sticking out to the side. You won't be able to play him much as a PF.
It's hard to say he has a not functional jumper. He only took 1 all season, but that could be Smart's offense for the center.

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:
It's hard to say he has a not functional jumper. He only took 1 all season, but that could be Smart's offense for the center.
Look at the videos of his workouts. It's troublesome at the very least.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:43 pm
In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:
Look at the videos of his workouts. It's troublesome at the very least.
I didn't see them, but I was worried about that.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Dude looks a lot like Oubre.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:Dude looks a lot like Oubre.
I thought the same thing and my immediate thought was, "Shit. Am I racist?"
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 am
O_Gardino wrote:Dude looks a lot like Oubre.
I thought the same thing and my immediate thought was, "s***. Am I racist?"
:lol:
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

If Pelicans want a player, would they take 6 and Warren instead of 4? We move up two spots, get the guy we want and also clear 10 million in space. Could do it with Jackson too, but not sure pels would want Jackson.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:31 pm
If Pelicans want a player, would they take 6 and Warren instead of 4? We move up two spots, get the guy we want and also clear 10 million in space. Could do it with Jackson too, but not sure pels would want Jackson.
We don't even want Jackson.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:If Pelicans want a player, would they take 6 and Warren instead of 4? We move up two spots, get the guy we want and also clear 10 million in space. Could do it with Jackson too, but not sure pels would want Jackson.
Who is it we have a hard-on for at 4? Are we sure Garland is going to be any better than White? Enough we surrender Warren for him?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:31 pm
We don't even want Jackson.
He did hit that game tying 3 against them this year, haha