Whom to pick at 6

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Assuming we keep the pick, who do you want at 6?

Jarrett Culver
24%
Darius Garland
16%
Deandre Hunter
3%
Coby White
5%
Cam Reddish
3%
Brandon Clarke
22%
Nassir Little
No votes
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
No votes
PJ Washington
No votes
Goga Bitadze
3%
The Suns are idiots if they keep this pick
24%

Total votes: 37

In2ition

Re: Who to pick at 6

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:42 pm
In2ition wrote:This is a long read, but it's good. https://www.thestepien.com/2019/06/13/u ... on-clarke/
I'll probably read it because what else will I do but I am beyond critical mass for Clarke discussion.
I was just going to remark that I hope I don't piss off Carey. :oops:
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Who to pick at 6

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 pm
I was just going to remark that I hope I don't piss off Carey. :oops:
I'm not mad. I saw Max from 7SOL Pod tweet it out earlier.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’ve come around a bit on white. He’s not my favorite target, but I think he can be a useful player. Even if he’s not the pg of the future, he could be a good 3rd guard. And if our new player development staff can help turn him into a pg, I’ll be pretty thrilled. Being better in college than expected is a good sign for his development potential.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

I want them to trade the pick for a PG or PF. Package deal or not. Preferably they would also send TJ Warren out too, his disappearing act every season is quite annoying(what exactly was wrong with him last year?)

I would like to see the pick traded because the last thing we need is another young player with potential that will take 2-4 years to develop. We need to start making moves for now. Not years from now. Booker is you long and established. Ayton is young and growing. Bridges is young and growing. Jackson is young and growing. Oubre is young and growing.

I just think we are still too young and we need to get some good vets in that will make a difference.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:21 pm
This is a long read, but it's good. https://www.thestepien.com/2019/06/13/u ... on-clarke/
Shout out to my guy Bruno Fernando who is mentioned in the article among the most efficient 2pt shooters away from the rim. I like him as a Holmes type player but with potentially better hands.

There's a ton of guys in this draft who I would have been thrilled to get in the second round last year. :) Still, a bunch of them are going to be productive NBA players.

[crosses fingers]
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 am
I want them to trade the pick for a PG or PF. Package deal or not. Preferably they would also send TJ Warren out too, his disappearing act every season is quite annoying(what exactly was wrong with him last year?)

I would like to see the pick traded because the last thing we need is another young player with potential that will take 2-4 years to develop. We need to start making moves for now. Not years from now. Booker is you long and established. Ayton is young and growing. Bridges is young and growing. Jackson is young and growing. Oubre is young and growing.

I just think we are still too young and we need to get some good vets in that will make a difference.
I'm pretty sure James Jones and the FO agree with you.
"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

With all the bad luck the Warriors had, I wonder if they might entertain trading Draymond. TJ Warren would be really good in their system I think. Maybe they might consider TJ, Jackson, and the #6? That can help rebuild their bench, add some guys on reasonable contracts, especially if they still give Klay and KD the max.

I think Draymond would be the perfect PF to put next to Ayton. It gives us a veteran with championship experience. I don't know, just thinking out loud.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 pm
With all the bad luck the Warriors had, I wonder if they might entertain trading Draymond. TJ Warren would be really good in their system I think. Maybe they might consider TJ, Jackson, and the #6? That can help rebuild their bench, add some guys on reasonable contracts, especially if they still give Klay and KD the max.

I think Draymond would be the perfect PF to put next to Ayton. It gives us a veteran with championship experience. I don't know, just thinking out loud.
Can he shoot though? We have to have a PF that can stretch the floor next to Ayton or it's not a good fit.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:34 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:

Can he shoot though? We have to have a PF that can stretch the floor next to Ayton or it's not a good fit.
I think so. I don't know his career stats, but I would be comfortable with Green shooting 3s. But he's a great defender and rebounder. I don't think I've seen teams sag off of him or dare him to shoot really.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
wpmiller42 wrote:

I think so. I don't know his career stats, but I would be comfortable with Green shooting 3s. But he's a great defender and rebounder. I don't think I've seen teams sag off of him or dare him to shoot really.
Looking up stats....Draymond Green shot .285% from 3 last year shooting WIDE OPEN, and had a PER of 12.9 w/ a TS% of .526. :shock: :?

Superbone

Who to pick at 6

Post by Superbone »

wpmiller42 wrote:
In2ition wrote:
wpmiller42 wrote:

Then you didn’t watch the finals.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

No on Draymond. He’s in the starting to phone in the regular season stage of his career.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Also, the Warriors aren't letting Draymond go.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think Draymond makes sense for us. His 3-point shooting has been just wretched lately, and as others said, he has started coasting through the regular season. Plus I think he's gotten used to playing hard for contending teams. I'm not sure you get the same effort out of him if the team is under .500. Draymond is best on a playoff team and not a young awful one like ours.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'd happily take Draymond on this team, even with his poor shooting.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:09 pm
I'd happily take Draymond on this team, even with his poor shooting.
I hate his antics/personality, and I would happily take him, too. There is no way they would trade him for TJ or any one person on our team not named Booker.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:16 pm
I don't think Draymond makes sense for us. His 3-point shooting has been just wretched lately, and as others said, he has started coasting through the regular season. Plus I think he's gotten used to playing hard for contending teams. I'm not sure you get the same effort out of him if the team is under .500. Draymond is best on a playoff team and not a young awful one like ours.
This 100%. Especially the part about playing for a winning/contending team. Imagine a situation like Ariza, except with Draymond's mouth.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

No to Draymond. Besides his dumb facial expression and constant complaining, I have zero confidence that he'd play hard or ever showed his highest level if not surrounded by alltime talent.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Is there anyone who “sources” hasn’t said we’re interested in?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why would we want Hunter? He plays a position at which we have a logjam. Why would we take Garland, who would help us inevitably, and then send him to LA for Hunter, who we don't need?