2019 NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

2019 NBA Playoffs

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:40 am
Devastated by that Klay Thompson injury. I hope he and Durant both recover fully and get back to 100%. Those are both such tough injuries, though. Worried about the future of the Warriors now.
Why would you be worried about their future? Oh, yeah... :P
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:55 am
The warriors are fine...they can be a middle of the pack playoff team next year. Sucks for KD and Klay though...what a brutal series...two essentially year long injuries.

Will be fun to see the Curry show next year...he might have to play like Harden. West will be wide open, that will be fun.

Free agency will be interesting..I imagine KD is getting the max regardless. I know there was talk of GS offering Klay less than the max...does the injury give them an excuse to push that more? Does that open an opportunity for another team to steal him away?
Yeah, I agree it will open up the West more and add some parity. We just need to make our 10+ game improvement next season.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:37 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Devastated by that Klay Thompson injury. I hope he and Durant both recover fully and get back to 100%. Those are both such tough injuries, though. Worried about the future of the Warriors now.
Unbelievable

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Cool fact: Siakam, VanVleet and Nurse won the Gleague title with the Raptors 905 before winning it all in the NBA.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 pm
Cool fact: Siakam, VanVleet and Nurse won the Gleague title with the Raptors 905 before winning it all in the NBA.
That is a cool fact.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Unbelievable
??? I didn’t know you too were a Warriors fan. Now I know. By the way, my comment was directed at the last sentence only. Sucks what happened to Durant and Thompson.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Suns have had their share of injuries (and suspensions) that have affected our championship hopes. At least the Warriors won multiple championships before being decimated by injury. I feel bad for the players though. It was impressive when Klay was heading to the locker room and got word he couldn’t return to the game unless he shot his FTs and he immediately turned around and started heading back to the court.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Unbelievable
I live in the Bay Area and actively watch and root for the Warriors. Both as a general NBA fan and as a fan whose second-favorite and local team is the Warriors, I want their guys to be okay.

I'm worried about the future of the Suns, too. For different reasons. :-)

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 pm
The Suns have had their share of injuries (and suspensions) that have affected our championship hopes. At least the Warriors won multiple championships before being decimated by injury. I feel bad for the players though. It was impressive when Klay was heading to the locker room and got word he couldn’t return to the game unless he shot his FTs and he immediately turned around and started heading back to the court.
And went 2-2 shooting them.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

How is it possible to run and jump up and down on a torn ACL?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:06 pm
My wife piped up when Klay's injury happened live last night. She said she tore her ACL playing high school soccer. She tried to recover from it in time to play in her team's playoff game. She said she was totally fine walking and even running straight ahead and jumping. But when she tried to move laterally she just couldn't support her weight and would fall over and feel pain. I guess the ACL is more for side-to-side movement and stability in the knee rather than helping it bend.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:26 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Unbelievable
??? I didn’t know you too were a Warriors fan. Now I know. By the way, my comment was directed at the last sentence only. Sucks what happened to Durant and Thompson.
I'm not. I said unbelievable that a Suns fan can be so concerned about the future of another team. Bandwaggoning at its finest!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:26 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Unbelievable
I'm not. I said unbelievable that a Suns fan can be so concerned about the future of another team. Bandwaggoning at its finest!
Ah, sorry I misinterpreted.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:25 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:06 pm
My wife piped up when Klay's injury happened live last night. She said she tore her ACL playing high school soccer. She tried to recover from it in time to play in her team's playoff game. She said she was totally fine walking and even running straight ahead and jumping. But when she tried to move laterally she just couldn't support her weight and would fall over and feel pain. I guess the ACL is more for side-to-side movement and stability in the knee rather than helping it bend.
I saw a girl hurt her knee playing soccer, she walked off the field fine, ran up and down the sideline and would have gone back in if the game was close. Next day she found out she tore her ACL. The knee can function semi ok without an ACL...Dejuan Blair never even had acl’s. It’s just a matter of pain control. I wonder if that’s what INF meant.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Article about KD's injury and road ahead:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... m.amp.html

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:56 pm
Article about KD's injury and road ahead:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... m.amp.html
So my takeaway from that article is that if the Suns had not let go of their vaunted training staff, we could have a shot at signing Durant. Lol.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.