Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:39 pm
Save it for a day when they want to buy a draft pick themselves?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Amin Elhassan just told Burns and Gambo that the Pacers thought it was a joke when the Suns called and offered Warren plus #32 for cash. Then when they realized it was a serious offer, they realized they had to jump at it immediately and get it done before the Suns realized their mistake!

So I guess at the least they didn’t have to include a pick.

He also said the Suns could have gotten a pick back for Warren at the trade deadline, instead of giving up a pick to get rid of him.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Speculation. That's all these people do these days. He doesn't work for the Pacers or the Suns so he has no idea. This stuff is getting pathetic.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Amin Elhassan's go-to move is shitting on the Suns. He's had plenty of opportunities, but he also goes to that well a bit too often to always believe him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:44 pm
Amin Elhassan's go-to move is s*** on the Suns. He's had plenty of opportunities, but he also goes to that well a bit too often to always believe him.
I get crapping on Sarver, but why on James Jones, Jeff Bower or Monty Williams? I don't think anyone that makes decisions other than Sarver is even with the Suns anymore since he was with the Suns.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I just think there was an urgency from the FO to move on and rebuild the roster.
Last edited by ShelC on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Maybe even they thought his value was worse than what everyone else thought. That's a change. I don't know if it's better or worse.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:44 pm
Amin Elhassan's go-to move is s*** on the Suns. He's had plenty of opportunities, but he also goes to that well a bit too often to always believe him.
I get crapping on Sarver, but why on James Jones, Jeff Bower or Monty Williams? I don't think anyone that makes decisions other than Sarver is even with the Suns anymore since he was with the Suns.
You answered your own question. Think of it in the same light as any other business, if you're unsatisfied as a customer would you use the same service again knowing that it's still under the same ownership despite a change in management? Everything begins and ends with Sarver.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:16 pm
Amin Elhassan just told Burns and Gambo that the Pacers thought it was a joke when the Suns called and offered Warren plus #32 for cash. Then when they realized it was a serious offer, they realized they had to jump at it immediately and get it done before the Suns realized their mistake!

So I guess at the least they didn’t have to include a pick.

He also said the Suns could have gotten a pick back for Warren at the trade deadline, instead of giving up a pick to get rid of him.
I don't believe this for a second.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Of course what Amin is saying can't be true; it would mean the Suns don't know what they're doing, and we all know that can't be true.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm
Of course what Amin is saying can't be true; it would mean the Suns don't know what they're doing, and we all know that can't be true.
Optimist Prime... Is that you again?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

This really isn't an issue of optimism or pessimism.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
All sarcasm this time buddy.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:44 pm
Gotcha. It's truth.

But you're talking about our prior regime. Let's try and give this completely different and new one a chance.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:

I hate the Warren trade as much as the next guy but Amin always has been bitter towards the Suns.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:31 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:44 pm
Gotcha. It's truth.
I'm not sure how you made that interpretation, but ok.

I don't care what Amin has to say, honestly. I'm not saying that what he said was true or false. It doesn't matter to me. I don't need him to validate whether or not the Warren trade was silly. I have a brain and I know a thing or two about basketball.

I am amused by the Luke Skywalker response this has prompted. Posters are hanging on for dear life defiantly spewing, "No. That's not true. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

As Garnett taught us, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:01 pm
I don't care what Amin has to say, honestly. I'm not saying that what he said was true or false. It doesn't matter to me. I don't need him to validate whether or not the Warren trade was silly. I have a brain and I know a thing or two about basketball.

I am amused by the Luke Skywalker response this has prompted. Posters are hanging on for dear life defiantly spewing, "No. That's not true. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"
I don't think anybody is saying that; your characterization is a straw man. I do see folks pointing out that Amin has a bit of an axe to grind with the Suns and has criticized our team many times in the recent past, and that might color his commentary on the Suns. I think that's a perfectly valid thing to point out. Amin in this case gives no evidence to support his claim, and it is not clear to me that he of all people would have access to any inside information like that about Indiana's decision-making process.

I get what you're saying that it is wrong to reflexively always defend our often inept front office from criticism. But I do think it's fine to point out when a commentator has a known bias or other reason to be skeptical of what we read.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Fair points.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

The Pacers are literally laughing at us:

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.