Suns sign Rubio

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Suns sign Rubio

Post by Nodack »

He looks like a sweet little boy without the beard. I think they wear a beard to make them look tougher.

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

It's pretty cool in Spain

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

rhylek wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:14 am
Can confirm. I have a beard hehehe

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:41 am
rhylek wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:14 am
Can confirm. I have a beard hehehe
So do I. And every time I shave it, everybody, from my mother to my friends' children, ask me to grow it back because it's so cool. (and I look way too young without it)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

That style is cool in the USA, too. At least, it's cool with people under the are of 50. :lol:
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I've had a beard most of my adult life. Covers the pimples on my neck ...
The money I save in blades goes to my beer fund.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:54 pm
I've had a beard most of my adult life. Covers the pimples on my neck ...
The money I save in blades goes to my beer fund.
brilliant

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I saw this Art and thought of only one person.....
Tsk lol

https://twitter.com/MichaelWalchalk/status/1153509678703239168

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:44 am
I saw this Art and thought of only one person.....
Tsk lol

https://twitter.com/MichaelWalchalk/status/1153509678703239168

Appreciated, my friend. I am sufficiently aroused now.

SDC

Post by SDC »

so advice for Rubio.

he shouldn't over dominate the ball since he's not a good finisher around the basket and not a good shotmaker off the dribble. but he can be a good catch and shoot guy in the midrange, think Dennis Johnson during his Celtics years, bird gets doubled in a close game, Kicks the ball out to DJ , and he's always clutch with his 18 footer.

Indy

Post by Indy »

we didn't sign rubio to play off the ball as a mid-range shooter. And he isn't even a decent shooter from mid-range. The BEST area he had from mid-range was at the left elbow: He took 49 total shots all season and made 43%. Every other mid-range area was below 40%.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

SDC wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:36 am
so advice for Rubio.

he shouldn't over dominate the ball since he's not a good finisher around the basket and not a good shotmaker off the dribble. but he can be a good catch and shoot guy in the midrange, think Dennis Johnson during his Celtics years, bird gets doubled in a close game, Kicks the ball out to DJ , and he's always clutch with his 18 footer.
Why would you take a pass first PG known for getting his teammates involved and known as a poor shooter and ask that he not dominate the ball and become a catch and shoot guy? Who would you play at PG instead? We signed him to play the role (facilitator) and position that was our most obvious and glaring weakness (PG). To ask him to move into a catch and shoot guy on this team is absolutely lunacy. Sorry SDC. This is a very poor take. Let's start playing Booker in the post while we're at it and convert Ayton into a PG.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:58 am
we didn't sign rubio to play off the ball as a mid-range shooter. And he isn't even a decent shooter from mid-range. The BEST area he had from mid-range was at the left elbow: He took 49 total shots all season and made 43%. Every other mid-range area was below 40%.
Ding. Had I read your post, I wouldn't have had to create mine afterwards.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:33 am
SDC wrote:
so advice for Rubio.

Why would you take a pass first PG known for getting his teammates involved and known as a poor shooter and ask that he not dominate the ball and become a catch and shoot guy? Who would you play at PG instead? We signed him to play the role (facilitator) and position that was our most obvious and glaring weakness (PG). To ask him to move into a catch and shoot guy on this team is absolutely lunacy. Sorry SDC. This is a very poor take. Let's start playing Booker in the post while we're at it and convert Ayton into a PG.
well, Book is pretty good in the post, and Ayton is a decent passer. ;)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Which is good but...

I am getting pretty excited about having a complete team for once. It may not be a great contending team but, at least we have a real PG and a real PF. We can’t help but to be better right?

SDC

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:33 am
SDC wrote:
so advice for Rubio.

I said he shouldn't dominate the ball too much. But he still shld be the primary ball handler when playing with Booker. Maybe 55% of the time he's the playmaker, 45% of the time it's Book.

Because he may not be that effective of a pick and roll player if you want him to ball dominate.
Last edited by SDC on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:58 am
They're probably off the dribble mid range shots, not open stand still 18 footers.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Looking for hope and I found this.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I guess If somebody had made a 1980's video about Danny Ainge people would have just lost their minds.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

You don't touch the lovelies, here in Detroit!