Democratic primary watch

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Nodack »

They will restore normalcy, which was FUBAR even before Trump. The Republicans wont work with him just like they didn’t work with Obama. We will be back to out normal gridlock.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Obamacare: Trump asks Supreme Court to invalidate Affordable Care Act
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53190429

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:09 am
Nah the Dems will just restore "normalcy" and Biden will work in good faith with the Rs.
Biden will actually employ experts and get this, actually listen to them and let them do their job.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I believe Biden would restore some normalcy and undo al lot of the BS Trump did. Start by putting people in positions that actually know something about the position they were assigned. Trump F’ed up the EPA bad with his EPA head choices as it was intended I’m sure. The same with Education.

It won’t change the broken system. Democrats and Republicans aren’t going to start working together just because Biden was elected. The police aren’t going to weed out white supremacists. Health care won’t get fixed. The debt will continue to skyrocket. Lobbyists and Corporations will continue to control our leaders. Right back to normalcy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't believe they are still trying to get rid of ObamaCare after the failed Senate vote and the failed court case. And in the middle of a pandemic, too. Why do they think it would be good political strategy to take away health care from millions of voters right before the election?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Because Trump promised he would end Obamacare and he desperately needs a win with his base.

Trump promised to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something MUCH better that covers ALL Americans for a TINY fraction of what Obamacare costs. He said it would be SO easy. Trump punted on all of that after McCain called him out and voted against the GOP just trying to kill Obamacare with NO replacement.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

2020 Election Odds: Donald Trump Has Only 33% Probability of Beating Joe Biden
https://www.actionnetwork.com/politics/ ... -joe-biden

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:27 am
2020 Election Odds: Donald Trump Has Only 33% Probability of Beating Joe Biden
https://www.actionnetwork.com/politics/ ... -joe-biden
I don't buy it at all with Biden as opposition; his only hope is to pull a Boris Johnson and stay hidden as much as possible.

The virus is doing it's thing for the moment which helps.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

If I had to put odds down I'd go for something like 55:45 in Biden's favour.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

This is the kind of thing Trump is up to and I'm sure it's effective:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

From what I read, the Trump campaign does a lot of goofy promotions such as, "Only 10 platinum memberships left! Get yours," or, "Donate today for a chance to meet Trump in Omaha!" Seems cheesy but probably effective at getting people to react.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I got a letter from Trump personally telling me I am one of his most loyal supporters and I got a MAGA membership card with my name on it and everything. I was so excited....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 am
From what I read, the Trump campaign does a lot of goofy promotions such as, "Only 10 platinum memberships left! Get yours," or, "Donate today for a chance to meet Trump in Omaha!" Seems cheesy but probably effective at getting people to react.
Both campaigns are doing this. I get inundated every day by the DNC via email and texts.
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:48 am
I got a letter from Trump personally telling me I am one of his most loyal supporters and I got a MAGA membership card with my name on it and everything. I was so excited....
One of the club bro! It looks like desperate drivel to me but I assume Parscale knows his target market ..

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:23 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Both campaigns are doing this. I get inundated every day by the DNC via email and texts.
Yeah, all the begging for money gets annoying. I follow a guy on Twitter named Qasim Rashid who is running for Congress in Virginia as a Democrat. And 2/3 of his tweets are him begging for donations. "(Siren emoji) Bad news, everyone. We're 20 donations short of today's goal. ..." On and on. Every day. I wouldn't want to do a job where so much of it involved begging people to donate money day after day.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:46 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Yeah, all the begging for money gets annoying. I follow a guy on Twitter named Qasim Rashid who is running for Congress in Virginia as a Democrat. And 2/3 of his tweets are him begging for donations. "(Siren emoji) Bad news, everyone. We're 20 donations short of today's goal. ..." On and on. Every day. I wouldn't want to do a job where so much of it involved begging people to donate money day after day.
It's too much to be honest. It's a turnoff.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:45 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:46 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
It's too much to be honest. It's a turnoff.
Just one more reason to stop allowing private money/lobby money in campaigns.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have only donated once to one candidate ever and was inundated afterwards. “We are 10 short of our goal today.” I better give you money. You wouldn’t want to be short of your artificial goal you set that means nothing.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Right, it's from both sides. I haven't spent too long in USA but every time I turn on the TV there I'm shocked how many ads there are.

And the political ones ("vote no on prop 212", or whatever) very strange - abbreviated, impossible to understand the overall picture and in many cases misleading, as I found out.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The ads get ridiculous and way over the top. I keep seeing political ads attacking Mark Kelly in our state. They basically call him a Chinese operative. A NASA space shuttle commander a Chinese operative? Sure...