Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by Split T »

Vote was done before the bubble. Lots of good guards. Trae Young getting votes is a little laughable though. Not as bad as whoever gave Andre Drummond a 2nd team vote. He was literally traded for a 2nd round pick mid season, haha

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, for the full season (including Bubble play) there is no way you can argue Westbrook was a better guard than Booker this year.

I realize Westbrook was clearly hurt/injured during the bubble/playoffs, but still.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Feels like Westbrook can raise the floor of your team and make you better to get to the playoffs, but he lowers your ceiling. At least to me, that's how I see him.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

He had a really good two month stretch there before the season was shutdown. Otherwise he wasn’t very good. I don’t think he was healthy for the bubble, but at this point I think the bad starts to outweigh the good too much. He doesn’t know how to dial it back when things aren’t working or he’s not healthy. I think a lot of old school minds like him and his me against the world mentality and that’s why he still gets these kinds of awards.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Don't worry, folks. Next year will be the year of the Suns! I've got a good feeling.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Also Booker did get 3 votes for 3rd team all-nba

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 pm
Where did you see that? The only other guards I saw receiving votes were Beal, Lowry, Young, Mitchell, and Walker.

Split T

Post by Split T »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:02 pm
Split T wrote:
Where did you see that? The only other guards I saw receiving votes were Beal, Lowry, Young, Mitchell, and Walker.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Don’t think this is a realistic scenario, just more curious about how people view these players. If the clippers called us up and said we’ll give you Paul George for Ayton and Oubre. What would you say?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 pm
Don’t think this is a realistic scenario, just more curious about how people view these players. If the clippers called us up and said we’ll give you Paul George for Ayton and Oubre. What would you say?
Did you not watch the game yesterday? Hell no.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I wouldn’t base my decision off one game.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Paul George has a history of disappearing in big moments. Paying a max salary to a guy like that is a huge detriment to winning in the playoffs. No way would I consider trading Ayton and Oubre for him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

He is also an expiring next year.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Have patience with Ayton. I think he’s going to be a perennial All-Star and the best center we’ve ever had.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Upgrading from Oubre to George, is definitely not worth giving up Ayton.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
No f'ing way. Is this a drunk question?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

They'd have to throw in Zubac!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Interesting responses. Again I wasn’t saying we should do it, I was just curious how people felt about the players. Mostly Paul George. I’ve noticed fans in the nba are really low on him. I still think he’s a fantastic 2nd wheel playing off a more dominant ball handler. I think he’d do well next to Booker.

I think he’ll be better than Oubre/Ayton next season, but it gets a little murky after that. Like some have said, he’s expiring. Also Ayton and Oubre are still improving. I am worried about Ayton’s development though. We need a 2nd star next to Booker and I don’t have a lot of faith Ayton will get there. If that’s the case, moving him now before his trade value drops would make sense. I hope he proves me wrong.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:38 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:02 pm
Split T wrote:
That's cool, I'm glad to see that. On the official NBA press release, they don't show Booker getting any votes. Somebody probably formatted the table wrong and left him off.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I liked George before he was hyped up as a superstar franchise player. He's being paid like one and treated like one, but isn't. He's got1 more year and then a PO, so it's not a crazy idea to bring him in next to Booker in place of Oubre and still have Bridges and Cam on the roster. If he doesn't work out, we're not on the hook for big money longterm. Zubac is a must tho because you can't give up Ayton without getting a big back in return.