NBA Playoffs 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: NBA Playoffs 2020

Post by O_Gardino »

Somebody said that the Nuggets have the best 2nd half stats in the bubble, and the Clipps are near the bottom of that category. I didn't check the numbers, but it's easy to see that Denver makes great adjustments at halftime and throughout the game. If ont thing isn't working, they try another. They area a very smart team.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t know what was wrong with the clippers, but I don’t think they were completely there. A lot of their guys missed major time in the bubble. Trez joined late, Lou got quarantined, Beverley was hurt. Rumors that players were too tired and were asking out of games. Denver made adjustments in the 2nd half and the Clippers had literally no response. They just sat there and took it. Kinda sad to watch.

PG and Kawhi combined to go 0-11 in the 4th with no points. I think they were like 2-18 in the 2nd half. The clippers scored 8 points in the 4th until they took Kawhi/PG out with a minute left and they scored another 7 in garbage time.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:40 pm
Anyone watch that Miami/Boston finish? What a block by Bam to seal it. Reminded me of that Amare block on Duncan back in 05
Great game. Tatum thought he was alone for a highlight reel game winning dunk. It's so easy to root for that Heat team.
I used to really like Butler when he came into the league, now I have a hard time rooting for him. I like everyone else on the team like Dragic, Adebayo, Herro, Crowder but kinda don't want Butler to win.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:
Anyone watch that Miami/Boston finish? What a block by Bam to seal it. Reminded me of that Amare block on Duncan back in 05
Great game. Tatum thought he was alone for a highlight reel game winning dunk. It's so easy to root for that Heat team.
I used to really like Butler when he came into the league, now I have a hard time rooting for him. I like everyone else on the team like Dragic, Adebayo, Herro, Crowder but kinda don't want Butler to win.
For the Celtics, I only like Smart.

For the Heat I like half their team, and just dislike Butler.

I guess that means I am rooting for a Heat win.

For the West, I am rooting for Denver because I love Jokic and Murray, and, well, they are playing the fucking lakers.

By the way, my guest network password is "lakerssuck" and I have used the same password for over 12 years. (yes, it is completely walled off from the rest of my network...)

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:
I’ve always loved Butler, he can be a jerk, but he just plays so hard and shows up in big moments. He’s probably the closest thing to what Jordan was as a competitor. Not saying talent wise.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:22 am
ShelC wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:
For the Celtics, I only like Smart.

For the Heat I like half their team, and just dislike Butler.

I guess that means I am rooting for a Heat win.

For the West, I am rooting for Denver because I love Jokic and Murray, and, well, they are playing the fucking lakers.

By the way, my guest network password is "lakerssuck" and I have used the same password for over 12 years. (yes, it is completely walled off from the rest of my network...)
I feel like Smart and Butler are cut from a similar cloth. Smart just hasn’t been in bad team situations like Butler has.

There really isn’t any players still left in the postseason that I dislike. Other than Markieff, I forget he’s on the Lakers. They have Dwight too who I’m not a fan of. But I don’t have anything against Lebron or AD.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:11 am
Somebody said that the Nuggets have the best 2nd half stats in the bubble, and the Clipps are near the bottom of that category. I didn't check the numbers, but it's easy to see that Denver makes great adjustments at halftime and throughout the game. If ont thing isn't working, they try another. They area a very smart team.
I've always liked Malone as a coach. Not sure why the Kings went away from him.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

You mean the Kings?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:38 am
You mean the Kings?
Yes, thanks.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think you answered your own question, Sup.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea they had a good thing with Malone and Boogie there. But Kings gonna Kings.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:32 pm
Yea they had a good thing with Malone and Boogie there. But Kings gonna Kings.
True. What a mess. Imagine what their fanbase is saying about skipping on Doncic.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:55 am
Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:26 am
My predictions:

East
Round 1
Bucks over Magic 4-1
Heat over Pacers 4-2 missed on number of games
Celtics over 76ers 4-1 missed on number of games
Raptors over Nets 4-0

East Semis
Bucks over Heat 4-2 (Jimmy never gets out of Round 1)
Raptors over Celtics 4-3

East Finals
Raptors over Bucks 4-2

West
Round 1
Lakers over Blazers 4-1
Thunders over Rockets 4-3 (Dantoni doesn't come back)
Nuggets over Jazz 4-2 missed on number of games
Clips over Mavs 4-2

West Semis
Lakers over Thunder 4-1right winner and number of games, wrong opponent
Nuggets over Clippers 4-3 (I think this is more what I want to happen than what will happen...just don't want to see an all LA final)

West Finals
Lakers over Nuggets 4-2

NBA Finals
Lakers over Raptors 4-2 (LeBron leads 3rd franchise to a title)
Update after round 1
Missed one series (picked OKC over Houston) and had my number of games wrong on 3 series.
Update after round 2--my east predictions were not great.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Bet check out those west finals predictions. Good stuff!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Miami takes a 2-0 lead. Real impressed with them. Jimmy Butler is a gamer, shows up in big moments. 3 huge defensive plays at the end. Dragic hit some big shots.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

They can win the title. They're not more talented than the Lakers, but if the Lakers coast, they'll get punched in the mouth.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:39 pm
Miami takes a 2-0 lead. Real impressed with them. Jimmy Butler is a gamer, shows up in big moments. 3 huge defensive plays at the end. Dragic hit some big shots.
It's really fun watching Dragic; he has still got it. Miami has a nice team. I'll be happy whichever of the two remaining East teams moves on.

Am I crazy to suddenly be thinking that the Nuggets match up really well against the Lakers? I don't think Anthony Davis can really guard Jokic size-wise, and I don't think Lebron really wants to run around guarding Murray the whole game. Could we be looking at the possibility of a Nuggets/Heat Finals? I really hope the Nugs come out and take Game 1 tomorrow.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:39 pm
It's really fun watching Dragic; he has still got it. Miami has a nice team. I'll be happy whichever of the two remaining East teams moves on.

Am I crazy to suddenly be thinking that the Nuggets match up really well against the Lakers? I don't think Anthony Davis can really guard Jokic size-wise, and I don't think Lebron really wants to run around guarding Murray the whole game. Could we be looking at the possibility of a Nuggets/Heat Finals? I really hope the Nugs come out and take Game 1 tomorrow.

Someone posted some Jokic vs AD numbers head to head and AD dominates him. I don’t know if they spend much time defending each other, but it was interesting.

I think Denver has bigger questions about who’s guarding Lebron/AD. I’d guess Jerami Grant on Lebron, but do you put Millsap on AD? That’s not good.

Lakers don’t have great options for Murray, but Green and KCP are ok. Murray is gonna have to get Utah series hot for them to have a chance.

Edit: H2H numbers for Jokic/AD

Davis - 28.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1.1 spg, 2.2 bpg
Jokic - 14.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 4.3 apg, 0.8 spg, 0.3 bpg

In 4 meetings this season:

Davis - 29.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.3 apg, 54% FG%

Jokic - 16.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 5.8 apg, 49% FG%

Indy

Post by Indy »

Maybe Smart is available? I would so love to pair him with Booker.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Oubre for Smart straight swap??

I’d be ecstatic. Trading Mr. Image for Mr. Execution