Trump and First Lady Have COVID-19

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Trump and First Lady Have COVID-19

Post by Superbone »

You play with fire, you get burned.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Re: Trump and First Lady Have COVID-19

Post by Nodack »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

So we're just supposed to accept this news from the guy who lies about his height, weight and medical checks?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:09 am
So we're just supposed to accept this news from the guy who lies about his height, weight and medical checks?
I can't say it is out of the realm of possibility that Trump is faking it for sympathy votes.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The cynic in me doesn't think he's faking it. The cynic in me thinks he'll have a totally mild case and it will only reinforce his beliefs that it's no big deal. And then he'll make a bunch of decisions based on his experiences only because that's what narcissists do.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Exactly where I'm at. You just don't know, but short of dying he'll play it to his advantage somehow.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:32 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I can't say it is out of the realm of possibility that Trump is faking it for sympathy votes.
I dont think so, if only because he loves going to rallies, this is a time that attending rallies would be most helpful to his campaign, and he will now have to quarantine for several days because of the virus.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's also a good excuse for skipping debates.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

If only it killed him.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:42 am
Or pushing back the election? Drastic, but wouldn't put it past him.

Or a distraction from his taxes or the Melania recordings put out last night?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

‘This is the worst nightmare for the Trump campaign’
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/0 ... ace-425020
It is a perilous way to finish the campaign for a candidate already trailing in the polls. In the most conspicuous way imaginable, the positive test publicly undermines so much of Trump’s rhetoric about the virus — from his faith in hydroxychloroquine to his cavalier pronouncements about a vaccine and his dismissal of Covid-19 as a disease that “affects virtually nobody.”

It was just this week, during the first presidential debate, that Trump mocked Biden for his mask-wearing, saying, “Every time you see him, he’s got a mask.”

Trump’s illness, one Republican campaign consultant who worked in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush White Houses predicted, will be viewed as validating “Biden hiding out in [a] bunker for preventative reasons,” and not, as Republicans had maintained, the “onset of dementia.”

Rob Stutzman, a Republican political strategist who has been critical of Trump, described it as a “devastating blow” to the Trump campaign, “the ultimate rebuke to his callous mishandling of Covid.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I do not feel sorry for him. It was just a matter of time due to his mistreatment of the virus.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:54 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:42 am
Or pushing back the election? Drastic, but wouldn't put it past him.
Not much he can do but tweet about how the election should be postponed. Ultimately the elections are conducted by the states, and free from Trump’s direct interference.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, what a huge story. I mean, I would never wish anyone to be sick or suffer or die. But he has completely mocked and dismissed anything approaching reasonable safety procedures to keep this virus away, and the horrible example he's set is likely responsible for thousands of Americans contracting this awful virus unnecessarily. If anybody deserves to catch COVID and have a long, debilitating bout with it, it is Donald Trump. I hope he recovers but also that he learns a hard lesson about the consequences of his own misbehavior. And I also hope this is the final nail in the coffin of his campaign. Biden is the leader we need right now, not Trump.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:30 am
Wow, what a huge story. I mean, I would never wish anyone to be sick or suffer or die. But he has completely mocked and dismissed anything approaching reasonable safety procedures to keep this virus away, and the horrible example he's set is likely responsible for thousands of Americans contracting this awful virus unnecessarily. If anybody deserves to catch COVID and have a long, debilitating bout with it, it is Donald Trump. I hope he recovers but also that he learns a hard lesson about the consequences of his own misbehavior. And I also hope this is the final nail in the coffin of his campaign. Biden is the leader we need right now, not Trump.
Donald Trump needs to no longer exist. Even if he loses the election, he won't let it happen. It will become a long, drawn out battle that he contests. He needs to no longer be on this earth. He is a vile, wretched person that has caused our country nothing but division and problems the like I've never seen.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Tell us how you really feel AIG.

:)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:55 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:30 am
Donald Trump needs to no longer exist. Even if he loses the election, he won't let it happen. It will become a long, drawn out battle that he contests. He needs to no longer be on this earth. He is a vile, wretched person that has caused our country nothing but division and problems the like I've never seen.
Plus, he's 74. He will never learn anything for the good of mankind. It's all about him. He is what he is. (A wretched excuse of a human being.)
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump's campaign manager tests positive for Covid-1
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics ... index.html

Kellyanne Conway announces she tested positive for coronavirus
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics ... index.html

Journalists who work at the White House are testing positive for Covid-19
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/media/jo ... index.html

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Too many infected to be faking it. It’s nice to have grace over anyone falling ill. I just have little feelings for someone who has enabled the spread of this virus and purposely bungled things to protect his own campaign over the loves of tens of thousands of people.
This sh*tshow is a clear example of what happens when you follow a terrible leader. I will say that I wish him injury so that others will realize they too need to protect themselves and others.