Impeachment

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Impeachment

Post by Superbone »

And the "Yea"s have it. First POTUS ever to be impeached twice. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

George Washington went down in history as the US President who "cannot tell a lie." Trump will conversely go down in history as the president who could not tell the truth.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump just made a real nice speech. Perhaps the best one I have ever heard from him. It was very Presidential. He totally condemned the violence. He was obviously reading a teleprompter words that some other person wrote. I like what he said. He said it WAY too late in the game and probably doesn’t mean a single word of it but, I am grateful he finally did ONE decent thing even if it was because he was totally desperate after his coup failed. The whole country has come down hard on him. He cannot communicate with his supporters unless he goes on TV since he was banned by all social media. The corporate world has come down on Republicans including Trump saying they will not donate to any Republicans that claimed the election was stolen. The PGA event at his golf course was pulled. He was desperate enough to make a speech I thought I would never hear from Trump. I think it’s all just another con but, I will take it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not interested at this late stage. Sorry.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It was good that he (under duress) condemned the violence. (Low expectations!) BUT this will not end until he and his supporters in Congress make a clear statement that Trump concedes and that Joe Biden won the election. Until that happens, these psychos will continue thinking the election was stolen and continue trying to combat that using hatred and violence. They'll assassinate Biden, they'll shoot AOC and Pelosi, they'll get somebody big in the name of defending the country from the stolen election.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's just covering his ass now so he can't be blamed or charged for anything else that happens. Too little, too late. And now when he delivers a speech like that, the crazies look at it and go "We get it, you HAVE to say that. THEY are making you say that."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

And not anywhere in his speech or any other speech in his entire life does he take any of the blame for anything.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Republican who voted to impeach Trump says he's buying body armor amid fears of violence
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5342 ... d-fears-of

He is worried Trump supporters will kill him and his family.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... auguration
Doug Ducey, Arizona’s Republican governor, announced Thursday that he plans to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next week.

“In America, we believe in the peaceful transition of power. It doesn't matter who you supported in the election -- once the election is over, we put country before party. Never has it been more important than right now to observe these traditions for the whole world to see," Ducey said in a statement. “I was honored to represent Arizona at the inauguration of President Trump in 2017, and I am honored to represent our state at the 59th Inaugural Ceremonies next week.”

Ducey acknowledged that he and Biden have policy differences, but said he believes the president-elect to be a “good man" who "wants to serve his country” and that he looks forward to working with the incoming administration.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am
Doug Ducey, Arizona’s Republican governor, announced Thursday that he plans to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next week.

“In America, we believe in the peaceful transition of power. It doesn't matter who you supported in the election -- once the election is over, we put country before party. Never has it been more important than right now to observe these traditions for the whole world to see," Ducey said in a statement. “I was honored to represent Arizona at the inauguration of President Trump in 2017, and I am honored to represent our state at the 59th Inaugural Ceremonies next week.”

Ducey acknowledged that he and Biden have policy differences, but said he believes the president-elect to be a “good man" who "wants to serve his country” and that he looks forward to working with the incoming administration.
That is really interesting. Thanks Nodack for posting that. Good for Ducey.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:05 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am

That is really interesting. Thanks Nodack for posting that. Good for Ducey.
Agreed.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If Trump really wanted to stop the violence, he would tell the truth and admit that he lost fair and square. But he hasn't and won't do that. He perpetuates the lie.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:22 pm
If Trump really wanted to stop the violence, he would tell the truth and admit that he lost fair and square. But he hasn't and won't do that. He perpetuates the lie.
It's the business plan of a conman. Lie to people to take their money.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The fact is the seeds of this outrageous lie were planted over the past several months by trump himself, and then further propagated by his allies in Congress. So little evidence of irregularities exist that no court in the land has seen fit to hear a case on this issue. Couple that with the fact that many of these courts are headed by Trump appointee judges, and we are left with the inevitable conclusion that the Trump supporters are buying Trump's bull. Critical thinking and examination of facts are anathema to their cause.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Should have waited until the evidence came out.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Glad they arrested him. Still doesn't change the source of all this bullshit and the ideological beliefs of the people who broke into the building.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:42 pm

I’m not saying there wasn’t crazy left wing nut jobs there trying to instigate, but 1 guy who has questionable ties to BLM doesn’t prove it. I read one of the Twitter threads you posted...this dude’s brother is a big trump supporter, BLM people have said he’s a provoker and think he just wants anarchy...so I don’t think this shows that there was any sort of planned BLM attempt to incite the violence. It shows that this guy is crazy and dangerous. I’m glad he was arrested.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I have a feeling we're going hear that there is a lot more information that's going to be coming out. The immediate emotional rage can be misplaced from time to time, but I'm not saying it is at this time. I'm just saying it's prudent to wait. Remember Jussie Smollet?

I agree with you Split. Having his brother being a big Trump supporter to seems odd, but I've heard from people that both are CIA assets used to provoke each side. I think there are going to be layers here of information.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:42 pm

I’m not saying there wasn’t crazy left wing nut jobs there trying to instigate, but 1 guy who has questionable ties to BLM doesn’t prove it. I read one of the Twitter threads you posted...this dude’s brother is a big trump supporter, BLM people have said he’s a provoker and think he just wants anarchy...so I don’t think this shows that there was any sort of planned BLM attempt to incite the violence. It shows that this guy is crazy and dangerous. I’m glad he was arrested.
1) The affidavit for the arrest warrant specifically says "SULLIVAN is the leader of an organization called Insurgence USA through which
he organizes protests."

2) Agreed. He was changed with interfering with a police/firefighter and trespassing. Not criminal damage. Not breaking and entering. Not assault. If he was the one responsible for breaking into the Capitol or inciting violence or hurting officers, they would have charged him with that. He gave them his iCloud account link to download his entire hour long video of what happened and voluntarily sat for an interview the day after the break in.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm
I have a feeling we're going hear that there is a lot more information that's going to be coming out. The immediate emotional rage can be misplaced from time to time, but I'm not saying it is at this time. I'm just saying it's prudent to wait. Remember Jussie Smollet?

I agree with you Split. Having his brother being a big Trump supporter to seems odd, but I've heard from people that both are CIA assets used to provoke each side. I think there are going to be layers here of information.
Ah, so the CIA did it. Got it.