Trump suspended from Twitter

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:08 pm
BLM protests and subsequent riots were initiated by the injustices levied against minorities.

The Capitol rally, protest, and subsequent storming of the the Capitol building were initiated by a nut job who's ego was hurt because he lost a popularity contest.

That's a very important distinction when comparing the two.
this a million times

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Very true but, my point still stands. BLM protests had a very good reason to protest. Magabillies thought they had a very good reason to protest. The President, half of the Republicans in Congress and FOX News said the election was stolen and what good patriotic American would stand for that? You and I know that was based on lies and fabrications. Trumps base thought differently.

My point was lots of Trump supporters protested without any intentions of violence. And then there were some who planned to surround and attack the Capital, take hostages and kill Pence. They carefully planned the attack and even brought zip ties to secure Congressmen. The main cause of all of this is one man. Trump.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The spread of misinformation has dropped 73% since Trump was banned from Twitter. Why TF did it take so long?

https://mashable.com/article/trump-ban- ... n-decline/
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Cap

Post by Cap »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:32 am
The spread of misinformation has dropped 73% since Trump was banned from Twitter. Why TF did it take so long?
Because he’s TFPOTUS.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:09 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:32 am
Because he’s TFPOTUS.
Right. If he had won the election, he wouldn't be suspended (even if he continued to lie and hurt our country in similar ways).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't know if we'd have ever recovered from a second term.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:09 pm
I am not sure we recover from the first. I want to think we will, though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:09 pm
I am not sure we recover from the first. I want to think we will, though.
It will definitely not be easy and it will take lots of time. It's tough breaking down a cult.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Tomorrow will be a big step in the right direction. Millions of "Q" people will be forced to admit that this is not all part of Trump's grand plan, that he really did lose, that there'll be no Trump martial law or mass arrests; that it's all over. Hopefully that will cause some of them to stop following along with that delusional fantasy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don't think they will admit it. They have had so many "d-days" over the last several years that never came to happen, and they just kick the can down the road. It is like the different cultures that have "the world will end on this date" prophecies that come and go, and just shift the date back.

I have already seen some stuff where people are saying that Trump can do more of his great work behind the scenes, more than he could do as president.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:19 am
I don't think they will admit it. They have had so many "d-days" over the last several years that never came to happen, and they just kick the can down the road. It is like the different cultures that have "the world will end on this date" prophecies that come and go, and just shift the date back.

I have already seen some stuff where people are saying that Trump can do more of his great work behind the scenes, more than he could do as president.
I think the Q people are in for a rude awakening if they think that Trump is going to do a bunch of political work now that he's out of office. He might at some point do some campaigning or fund-raising, but I think mostly he's not going to be very productive in the ways he was for the past 4 years. I think the next year or two will be much more like the last 1-2 weeks, where you occasionally hear about him but not very often or loudly. Here's hoping.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He is going to incorporate (is that the right word for political parties) his Patriot Party so he can keep fund raising, and pay him and his kids to lead the party in jobs they don't actually do. It is all about grifting, like every single thing he has ever done.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's all it'll be. Rallies and fundraisers for more money. But hey, if it breaks up the GOP and splits their voter base maybe it's a good thing? Trump destroys everything he touches so maybe the GOP is next?

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:24 am
That's all it'll be. Rallies and fundraisers for more money. But hey, if it breaks up the GOP and splits their voter base maybe it's a good thing? Trump destroys everything he touches so maybe the GOP is next?
Who are the non Trump-republicans under 50 that are known on a national scale? I know a ton of them (like Cruz and Rubio) will quickly distance themselves from Trump (like they did before he was president), but I hope their electorate hold them accountable.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't know that those guys will distance themselves if he's doing rallies and raising money. Then you got the two nutjobs Beobert and Greene(?) who are new but making names for themselves. Of course, they could be in jail sooner than later if they were involved with the Capitol riot.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:37 am
I don't know that those guys will distance themselves if he's doing rallies and raising money. Then you got the two nutjobs Beobert and Greene(?) who are new but making names for themselves. Of course, they could be in jail sooner than later if they were involved with the Capitol riot.
Yeah, but they are both trumpers. I was trying to figure out who the GOP has left that isn't over 50 and didn't fall for trumpism.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Ben Sasse would be one guy who fits that profile, the (junior) Senator from Nebraska. Close to 50 but not quite there (would be around 52 if he were to run in 2024), traditional Republican when it comes to his stances on most issues, but has distanced himself from Trump and especially been outspokenly critical of "steal" rhetoric and the attempt to block electoral college votes and the attack on the Capitol. Has also stated that he will probably vote to convict with regards to the second impeachment, although he didn't do so on the first.

Looking at older guys, Romney is the most obviously split from the Trumpers. But he'd be 78 by the next election cycle; can you imagine a guy that old wanting to be President? (yes, slight sarcasm implied here.)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, Sasse is the name I keep hearing as the savior for the Republicans as well.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think the GOP is going to embrace non-Trumpy candidates for another cycle. I think the swamp is going to swallow the party for 4 more years ad that they'll nominate someone reprehensible and Trumpy, if not Trump himself, for 2024. Probably their best bet would be to run Nikki Haley, but I'm guessing she would have trouble getting out of their primary.

I would bet on candidates like DeSantis, Cruz, Haley, Hawley, and Trump (if not barred from holding office) would do well in getting their nomination.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There is only one Trump.