Suns News: Week 8 2/8-2/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Suns News: Week 8 2/8-2/14

Post by ShelC »

It would just hold more weight with me if he went to a better org and turned into a player. He was a bust regardless IMO. Maybe Jackson ends up a player, Chriss may have found himself a niche in GS. But none of those guys, including Alex Len, were worth their draft position. Not their fault where they were drafted but they're not exactly world killers either.
Last edited by ShelC on Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If he can't even crack double figures in scoring in Croatia, that isn't the Suns' fault.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I haven't had a lot of time to post, but there are a few guys I think deserve some recognition.

Kaminsky - this is the best version of Kaminsky to date. I think he's a rhythm guy and takes a few games to get comfortable. He wasn't good when he was in and out of the lineup with injuries, but he has been productive in those stretches where he's available regularly. Getting cut by the Kings is probably the best things that has happened to him since draft day. I'm now calling him M.V.Kaminsky and M.V.Frank in my head. I really want to go to a game and chant M V FRANK when he goes to the FT line.

Bridges - <iToldYouSo>I told you guys he would be great for us.</iToldYouSo> This dude is a career long fan favorite. He LOVES to compete and just has fun playing the game. It rubs off on the other guys. He's a leader even though he's not the star, and I think guys like him are worth their weight in gold. And of course he has continued to develop his game. That's what he has always done. He's smart, he sees the whole game on both ends, and as his body improves he is adding skill.

Moore - Was trash early on, but this recent Moore is the guy I was excited to sign. He's a pro who can score in a variety of situations and can move the ball well enough for our offense. He's playing smart and he team is better for it. Props to him for staying engaged while he was on the bench.

Galloway - 1/3 of the way into the season, and he's still shooting .488 from 3 with a very high fta rate. This guy is ice cold fire.

Book - He's found his comfort level with this team. He is doing better at picking his spots to take over without disrupting the flow of the offense, and I think he is handling doubles and late game pressure better. It sure helps that he's not facing 4 defenders like he used to.

Team - The Suns are doing much better about not forcing the ball to Ayton. Fewer turnovers and wasted possessions.

Monty - I continue to be impressed with his coaching. Moore, Nader, Gallo, Carter, Payne, CamJ, MVFrank, Saric. I feel like guys get the most out of their talent playing for Monty, and I'm impressed with how he keeps trust and confidence with the bench even when we have a lot of guys out. I don'[t think he has a dog house. All the guys who aren't getting playing time are still valuable members of the team and he keeps coaching them up to be ready when their chance comes.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Also, the Suns are undefeated when CP3 doesn't play.

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:44 am
:lol:

I love this more than I should.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good post O_Gardino. I would also credit some other guys. Crowder has been very solid for us after taking a few games to find his comfort zone. Didn't think we really needed him with Bridges and Cam and others, but he has been valuable. Also, Ayton has had a really solid stretch of about 3 weeks here where he has consistently given us 10+ rebounds, 12-18 points, and some great defense. He's been getting better at P&R plays, help defense, and other things we need from him. His play isn't perfect, but he's giving us a lot and helping us win games. I also want to call out Nader, a guy from whom I expected literally nothing, but he's come in and attacked the basket and been a nice bench swing for us.

Guys I miss or want to see give us more later in the season: Payne, Saric, Cam Johnson.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:02 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:44 am
:lol:

I love this more than I should.
Missuse of information is a niche comedy genre, but it is my favorite. :lol:

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:40 am
I haven't had a lot of time to post, but there are a few guys I think deserve some recognition.

Kaminsky - this is the best version of Kaminsky to date. I think he's a rhythm guy and takes a few games to get comfortable. He wasn't good when he was in and out of the lineup with injuries, but he has been productive in those stretches where he's available regularly. Getting cut by the Kings is probably the best things that has happened to him since draft day. I'm now calling him M.V.Kaminsky and M.V.Frank in my head. I really want to go to a game and chant M V FRANK when he goes to the FT line.

Bridges - <iToldYouSo>I told you guys he would be great for us.</iToldYouSo> This dude is a career long fan favorite. He LOVES to compete and just has fun playing the game. It rubs off on the other guys. He's a leader even though he's not the star, and I think guys like him are worth their weight in gold. And of course he has continued to develop his game. That's what he has always done. He's smart, he sees the whole game on both ends, and as his body improves he is adding skill.

Moore - Was trash early on, but this recent Moore is the guy I was excited to sign. He's a pro who can score in a variety of situations and can move the ball well enough for our offense. He's playing smart and he team is better for it. Props to him for staying engaged while he was on the bench.

Galloway - 1/3 of the way into the season, and he's still shooting .488 from 3 with a very high fta rate. This guy is ice cold fire.

Book - He's found his comfort level with this team. He is doing better at picking his spots to take over without disrupting the flow of the offense, and I think he is handling doubles and late game pressure better. It sure helps that he's not facing 4 defenders like he used to.

Team - The Suns are doing much better about not forcing the ball to Ayton. Fewer turnovers and wasted possessions.

Monty - I continue to be impressed with his coaching. Moore, Nader, Gallo, Carter, Payne, CamJ, MVFrank, Saric. I feel like guys get the most out of their talent playing for Monty, and I'm impressed with how he keeps trust and confidence with the bench even when we have a lot of guys out. I don'[t think he has a dog house. All the guys who aren't getting playing time are still valuable members of the team and he keeps coaching them up to be ready when their chance comes.
Great post. I was always surprised at how bad offensively Frank was last year so it's good to see him find his game now. I hope the past few games aren't an aberration and he can keep it up.

Let's also give James Jones some props for putting together a team with actual NBA depth. The frontcourt is a bit thin still and Damian Jones has been a headscratcher, but Gallo and Moore have been great value deals. Crowder's been solid and has played as advertised. I think he should only get better with more time here.

Cap

Post by Cap »

O_Gardino wrote:
I really want to go to a game and chant M V FRANK when he goes to the FT line.
With the much smaller crowd, I imagine it wouldn’t take a lot of chanters in order to be heard.

And I agree, he is the Most Valuable Frank. Jackson, Mason, and Ntilikina aren’t doing much.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Frank got cut and is lucky to be playing back in Phoenix. He is probably playing real hard and is in a slight desperate mode trying to hang on to an NBA gig. He is playing the best of his career and we are benefiting from it in a time of great need (short on big men). That’s a good thing all around for him and the team and I am happy for him. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:21 am
Good post O_Gardino. I would also credit some other guys. Crowder has been very solid for us after taking a few games to find his comfort zone. Didn't think we really needed him with Bridges and Cam and others, but he has been valuable. Also, Ayton has had a really solid stretch of about 3 weeks here where he has consistently given us 10+ rebounds, 12-18 points, and some great defense. He's been getting better at P&R plays, help defense, and other things we need from him. His play isn't perfect, but he's giving us a lot and helping us win games. I also want to call out Nader, a guy from whom I expected literally nothing, but he's come in and attacked the basket and been a nice bench swing for us.

Guys I miss or want to see give us more later in the season: Payne, Saric, Cam Johnson.
You're right about Ayton, Crowder, and Nader. I feel like Crowder got plenty of attention when he was playing, but I almost forgot we have him. Nader is right there with Gallo, Moore, etc as a bench guy bringing his best. I really enjoy watching him play.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
If he can't even crack double figures in scoring in Croatia, that isn't the Suns' fault.
The Suns ruined him, don't you know?
"Be Legendary."

Pips

Post by Pips »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The Suns ruined this guy too. If only he had been picked by GSW or Milwaukee, he could have been a contender. Instead, he is a bum.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Double the fans, double the deaths! YSMF!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:24 pm
Double the fans, double the deaths! YSMF!
It's going to be like Weekend at Bernie's in there before all is said and done.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:52 pm
The Suns ruined this guy too. If only he had been picked by GSW or Milwaukee, he could have been a contender. Instead, he is a bum.
“Ruined”

He was a garbage pick, garbage in the NBA, and he still sucks ass. Give me a break. Bender you were a nutless player, always have been, always will be

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

His new nickname “No Nuts Bender”

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:47 pm
His new nickname “No Nuts Bender”
Lol NNB for sure