Impeachment

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Impeachment

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:23 am
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleiii
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
Again, I'm not sure where you're pulling the whole treason bit from and asking if we think Trump should be killed, other than trying to illicit an absurd response for your own entertainment.
Sorry, it wasn't to illicit an absurd response for my own entertainment. It's rhetoric that's been talked about and the path that's been suggested by many. I'm sorry that you thought I took it too far, that wasn't my intent.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:21 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:17 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:14 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:05 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:00 am

We all know what the results are going to be. What are you talking about?
So you think it's all true what the Dems are presenting, he should be found guilty and then further found of sedition and treason and then killed for the crimes, but instead it won't get enough votes? This is your conclusion and results of this? I don't want to put words in your mouth, this is just an example and question.
Are you being serious here?
Of course, what's the punishment for Treason?
This is an impeachment trial with the true ultimate goal of trying to ensure he cannot run for public office in the future. This isn't a treason trial with the stakes of death by execution, unless you're reading a different narrative somewhere that I've missed.
If Trump is found guilty, it wouldn't just end there, imo and many who have been talking about this from the left. This is clearly not your intent, but I also said that this is just and example and question.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What Trump has done IS treason imo and he probably would be hung in a lot of countries for what he did. In this case he is in the US and is on trial for Impeachment. Impeachment doesn’t carry the death penalty. I imagine the main goal is to make sure Trump is never able to run again and for historical sake make sure there was at least some sort of punishment for attempting a political coup trying to overturn an election by sending in an army of supporters to attack the Capital.

Trumps words and the video spoke for itself. There is not a shred of doubt that most Republicans will continue to look the other way as they always do.

Edited video? Of course it was edited. Who is going to sit through a 400 hours of raw unedited video? I saw the video. It sure did look like video from the Capital attack to me and not some BLM protest. That’s really really weak. Republicans continue to blame BLM and Antifa for their actions. My mother still doesn’t believe there were ANY Trump supporters in DC that day. Trump was talking to thousands of BLM and Antifa members posing as Trump supporters who then stormed the Capital and us gullible Dems actually believed some of them were Trump supporters.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Edited video? Of course it was edited. Who is going to sit through a 400 hours of raw unedited video? I saw the video. It sure did look like video from the Capital attack to me and not some BLM protest. That’s really really weak. Republicans continue to blame BLM and Antifa for their actions. My mother still doesn’t believe there were ANY Trump supporters in DC that day. Trump was talking to thousands of BLM and Antifa members posing as Trump supporters who then stormed the Capital and us gullible Dems actually believed some of them were Trump supporters.
I'm no lawyer, but I'm not sure that would be accepted in a real court. As far as it's really really weak, I never said it was from a BLM protest, nor did I ever say that it was just BLM and Antifa protestors. Conflating my account with your mother's isn't relevant, since I have never ever talked to your mother(that I know of) or profess that I agree with her about everything or even anything.

How are you feeling? You seem a little rowdy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This isn’t a regular court but, they do use video in court proceedings as long as it was obtained legally.

I used my mother as an example of someone who will believe ANYTHING Trump tells her to believe.

I feel remarkably great. I am a little rowdy. Talking about Trump and Health Care are my two touchiest subjects. I think Trump is evil and it has made me angry for four years that someone that evil could manage to convince half the country that he’s a great guy who has their back, especially my mother who I love. She just hung up the phone on me about a half hour ago. She called and wanted to talk about politics. I wouldn’t agree with her that there were no Trump supporters at the Capital Jan 6. She saw the woman get shot and told some fantastic story of how that lady was just trying to get away from the Democrats and they shot her. That makes me angry that Trump and FOX does this to my mother.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

We probably agree on more than we disagree on.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:03 pm
All I know is that we'd all get along great over beers. I look forward to that day.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
All I know is that we'd all get along great over beers. I look forward to that day.
Agreed. My offer is that I will buy the first round for everyone. Hold me to that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:40 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Agreed. My offer is that I will buy the first round for everyone. Hold me to that.
I thought I already said that. :D
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition and I have already had beers together and got along great.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:52 pm
In2ition and I have already had beers together and got along great.
Yes, I can attest that Nodack is a good guy and fun to hang out with.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm pretty tolerable after about 9 beers.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:00 pm
I'm pretty tolerable after about 9 beers.
:D
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
At any rate, that's two rounds right there!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:12 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Then I guess I will get round 3.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You're all good people, and I'd be delighted to have a beverage with any and all of you. Let's never lose sight of that. Even though some of you are sometimes WRONG!!1 on the internet. :)

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:16 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:12 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Then I guess I will get round 3.
I plan to get drunk for free. Well, on you guys. Free to me.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I don't drink in lieu of muscle relaxers and pain killers to manage spastic cerebral palsy, but, I'll show up anyway!

Maybe a coke...on the rocks?

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

As one of the few other conservatives on this board, I'll buy a round as well when I fly out west for the Suns NBA title celebration that WILL happen one day.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:40 pm
I don't drink in lieu of muscle relaxers and pain killers to manage spastic cerebral palsy, but, I'll show up anyway!

Maybe a coke...on the rocks?
No, warm coke only! I don't care what you drink. Let's do it!
"Be Legendary."