Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by In2ition »

No one is ignoring his policies, which are complete crap. Also, it isn't one small clip, it's many clips every single week...whenever he's let out of the basement and makes an appearance.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:06 pm
No one is ignoring his policies, which are complete crap. Also, it isn't one small clip, it's many clips every single week...whenever he's let out of the basement and makes an appearance.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't live in a basement and I'm pretty sure he isn't kept somewhere and only let out for rare appearances.

No idea where you get these crazy ideas from.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:48 pm
In2ition wrote:
I'm pretty sure he doesn't live in a basement and I'm pretty sure he isn't kept somewhere and only let out for rare appearances.

Haha, sure, that part was sarcasm about the basement, but it's not like we really hear from him much. He hasn't had a formal press conference in 48 days, which would be the longest for any President in over 100 yrs. It's hard to call that normal.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:53 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Haha, sure, that part was sarcasm about the basement, but it's not like we really hear from him much. He hasn't had a formal press conference in 48 days, which would be the longest for any President in over 100 yrs. It's hard to call that normal.
How I miss the days of Trump, the most normal president ever .. Not sure I entirely agree with the $1.9t bill but the same can be said for the Trump $1.7t tax cuts to the 1% - it's a hostage situation sadly so I can't blame the D's.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

3rdside wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
In2ition wrote:

How I miss the days of Trump, the most normal president ever .. Not sure I entirely agree with the $1.9t bill but the same can be said for the Trump $1.7t tax cuts to the 1% - it's a hostage situation sadly so I can't blame the D's.
Take Trump out of the equation and start with Obama back to Wilson, it's still not 'normal'. Not that it's all bad, it's just not what we see, especially in this age of communication.

What do you mean about it being a hostage situation?

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Maybe not the best analogy but the D's have all three levers of power so they'll try to get whatever they can, bi-partisanship be damned.

But bi-partisanship doesn't exist for the R's anymore who will vote down whatever the D's put forward - if it's a good bill they'll vote it down because it will benefit the people and that's bad for the R's, if it's a bad bill it's a bad bill - so the D's may as well go large, just like the R's did with the Trump tax cuts.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

The fundamental problem I have with the Trump tax cuts is this:

Post financial crisis economic doctrine was to pay down the debt of an economy in the good times so that when the bad times hit there's more ammo in the cupboard to prop up the economy. This isn't rocket science, this is just common sense.

Trump brought in his tax cuts, blowing out the deficit, increasing national debt then Covid hit - you couldn't have scripted a more idiotic turn of events when you consider also Trump disbanded the national pandemic response program bought in under Obama.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Which is where I have the problem with the D's $1.9t bill - it's adding an even bigger debt pile to the next generation to pay off even though a sizable stimulus of some sort is absolutely needed.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:23 pm
3rdside wrote:
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Take Trump out of the equation and start with Obama back to Wilson, it's still not 'normal'. Not that it's all bad, it's just not what we see, especially in this age of communication.

The Trump organization went over a year without a formal press briefing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Who thinks anyone is legitimately going to address the debt? It's more of the same. The politicians win, which is how it's set up.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:30 pm
In2ition wrote:
3rdside wrote:
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

After he was inaugurated it took him a yr to have a press briefing?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:27 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:30 pm
In2ition wrote:
3rdside wrote:
In2ition wrote:

After he was inaugurated it took him a yr to have a press briefing?
Somebody hasn't been paying attention.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:01 pm
Who thinks anyone is legitimately going to address the debt? It's more of the same. The politicians win, which is how it's set up.
The debt is a huge problem. I hope you realize that your GOP bears the responsibility for the lion's share of it. Reagan completely ballooned it with his trickle-down voodoo nonsense. Clinton miraculously balanced the budget (almost unheard of in these days), but then Bush went right back into tax cuts and huge spending, so much so that he helped collapse the entire economy. Obama managed to save it, miraculously, and hand a healthy economy to Trump. Trump promptly gave trillions of tax cuts to the rich.

This is the cycle. Democrats, though they do favor big government, compensate for that by gathering more taxes to pay for services. The GOP has realized that they can just cut taxes but still spend into a huge deficit and that they won't face any real immediate consequences for this. And so we keep getting deeper and deeper into the hole.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:57 am
In2ition wrote:
The debt is a huge problem. I hope you realize that your GOP bears the responsibility for the lion's share of it. Reagan completely ballooned it with his trickle-down voodoo nonsense. Clinton miraculously balanced the budget (almost unheard of in these days), but then Bush went right back into tax cuts and huge spending, so much so that he helped collapse the entire economy. Obama managed to save it, miraculously, and hand a healthy economy to Trump. Trump promptly gave trillions of tax cuts to the rich.

This is the cycle. Democrats, though they do favor big government, compensate for that by gathering more taxes to pay for services. The GOP has realized that they can just cut taxes but still spend into a huge deficit and that they won't face any real immediate consequences for this. And so we keep getting deeper and deeper into the hole.
I'm not going to argue that it wasn't made much worse during the Reagan and both Bush's yrs, nor that it got bigger during Trump's term. Sure, we could say that they hold the lion's share of the responsibility. It's just gotten to the point that after all the crazy pork bloated bills that were termed to be financial help to the people, were barely that. When only 9% of $1.9 trillion is going to the people that need the stimulus, can we in all honesty call it an "Economic Stimulus" bill? If we're being totally honest, it should be called the "bailouts, handouts, payoffs and money eventually laundered back to the politicians, with a pittance to the people" bill or the "Let them eat cake" bill.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:06 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I'm not going to argue that it wasn't made much worse during the Reagan and both Bush's yrs, nor that it got bigger during Trump's term. Sure, we absolutely must say they hold the lion's share of the responsibility. It's just gotten to the point that after all the crazy pork bloated bills that were termed to be financial help to the people, were barely that. When only 9% of $1.9 trillion is going to the people that need the stimulus, can we in all honesty call it an "Economic Stimulus" bill? If we're being totally honest, it should be called the "bailouts, handouts, payoffs and money eventually laundered back to the politicians, with a pittance to the people" bill or the "Let them eat cake" bill.
FTFY.

And laundered back to the politicians .. what does this mean? Do you have any evidence this will happen?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:16 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:06 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I'm not going to argue that it wasn't made much worse during the Reagan and both Bush's yrs, nor that it got bigger during Trump's term. Sure, we absolutely must say they hold the lion's share of the responsibility. It's just gotten to the point that after all the crazy pork bloated bills that were termed to be financial help to the people, were barely that. When only 9% of $1.9 trillion is going to the people that need the stimulus, can we in all honesty call it an "Economic Stimulus" bill? If we're being totally honest, it should be called the "bailouts, handouts, payoffs and money eventually laundered back to the politicians, with a pittance to the people" bill or the "Let them eat cake" bill.
FTFY.

And laundered back to the politicians .. do you have any evidence this will happen?
Haha.

Of course, I've been tracking the money with my phone and have all the evidence. Wait...did I just say that out loud? Forget that I said anything, I was only kidding...really. No seriously...I don't have this information. Mommy, I don't want to die or be suicided. ;)

That's the word. I wouldn't actually say that I had the evidence, even if I did. Unless...I set up a dead man's switch and made it publicly known.

And I really thought I would have gotten more of a response on what I thought was a clever name for the Stimulus bill, haha. Oh well.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

You've lost me - you make a huge claim, saying it's a corrupt bill, but can't give one serious explanation of how it's corrupt?

As for the debt bubble, I can't absolve Bill Clinton in the whole scheme of things so I'll roll back the 'absolutely must' comment a little..

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:41 pm
You've lost me - you make a huge claim, saying it's a corrupt bill, but can't give one serious explanation of how it's corrupt?

As for the debt bubble, I can't absolve Bill Clinton in the whole scheme of things so I'll roll back the 'absolutely must' comment a little..
Well, that's the word that I'm hearing. If anyone had absolute proof and was handed over to the DOJ with interest in prosecuting it, we would see it. It's a bit of conjecture to say that, but a concrete belief by a lot of people around Washington that this is done though.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Man makes outlandish claim with no evidence. Says 'everyone knows it happens'.

Yeah I call royal bullsh*t on that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

do your own research, 3rd!