Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by Indy »

My mom and my MIL now have both their shots. That big worry is now behind me. My wife had her first 10 days ago, and I get my first Friday. By the end of April, I will feel a lot better.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How many innocent people will die because of the stubborn willful ignorance about COVID by Republicans?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Very curious to know. In2ition, where do you stand, as a Republican, when it comes to vaccinations for yourself and your family and friends? Do you or those in your Republican circle plan on skipping getting one?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They will get the shot now. Trump said it was ok.

Trump urges supporters to get coronavirus vaccine
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ccine?rl=1

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I've had friends and family get the shot.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:29 pm
What say you about getting one yourself?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:29 pm
What say you about getting one yourself?
I'm going to wait until long term studies have been done.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, see, he's an anti-vaxxer. Consumed too much Breaking911 and Tucker Carlson. How anybody can be afraid of vaccines in 2021 baffles me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

LOL, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. Just stop with that bs.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is not a good look with what's been happening lately with Russia and Putin. First Biden calls Putin a "killer", which he probably is. Then Putin says that it takes one to know one. Then Putin challenges Biden to a live debate, which the WH declines over "too busy".

Putin humiliated Biden in Moscow, says White House stenographer
March 18, 2021
https://dawsoncountyjournal.com/blog/20 ... nographer/

President Biden’s recalled in an ABC interview this week that he manhandled Vladimir Putin in their 2011 meeting in Moscow, claiming he told the Russian president he had “no soul.”

But someone who was with Biden during that visit – the White House stenographer at the time – presented a much different picture in a commentary Thursday for the National Pulse.

Mike McCormick said that since that meeting, Biden “and his staffers – with the help of Washington’s press corps – have been spinning the story 180 degrees away from how it actually happened.”

“Putin knows what happened. He was there. He knows he compromised Joe Biden, who appeared unprepared to deal with the ruthless, former-KGB agent. Regardless, Joe continues to perpetuate his ‘I was the tough guy’ lie,” McCormick wrote in his National File piece.

Spoiler: show/hide

Then we have the Chinese diplomat talks down to Blinken at summit in Alaska.

Chinese Official To Secretary Of State Blinken: USA "Not Qualified To Speak To China From A Position Of Strength"

Posted By Tim Hains
On Date March 19, 2021
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ength.html

During a public meeting in Alaska that would normally have been a photo-op, Chinese officials savaged Secretary of State Tony Blinken for calling out Chinese human rights abuses in Xinjiang, Hong Kong, and elsewhere, and urging China to obey the "rules-based international order."

“Each of these actions threaten the rules-based order that maintains global stability. That’s why they’re not merely internal matters and why we feel an obligation to raise these issues,” Blinken said. “The United States relationship with China will be competitive where it should be, collaborative where it can be, adversarial where it must be.”

Chinese Communist Party foreign affairs chief Yang Jiechi delivered a nearly 20-minute lecture in response, where he denounced the "international community" and "so-called rules-based international order" as the "United Nations-centered international system" and a tool of the U.S.

Yang continued: “The Chinese side felt compelled to make this speech because of the tone of the U.S. side. Isn’t this the intention of the United States ... to speak to China in a condescending way from a position of strength? ... the United States does not have the qualification to say that it wants to speak to China from a position of strength.”

“China certainly in the past has not and in the future will not accept the unwarranted accusations from the U.S. side,” Yang said. “To accuse China of coercion even before sharing the relevant views with China, is this the right act to do? Of course not ... We don’t think one should be so testy as to accuse some other country of coercion. Who is coercing whom? I think history and the international community will come to their own conclusions.”

“On cyberattacks, let me say that whether it’s the ability to launch cyberattacks or the technologies that could be deployed, the United States is the champion in this regard,” he said. “You can’t blame this problem on somebody else.”

“The fact is that there are many problems within the United States regarding human rights, which is admitted by the U.S. itself as well. ...The challenges facing the United States in human rights are deep-seated. They did not just emerge over the past four years, such as Black Lives Matter.”

“We believe that it is important for the United States to change its own image and to stop advancing its own democracy in the rest of the world,” he said. “Many people within the United States actually have little confidence in the democracy of the United States.”

Read a full transcript of the event via the State Dept.:

Spoiler: show/hide

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't help but notice that all the Republican media is loving this idea of a "debate" between Biden and Putin and are openly rooting for Putin. The whole idea is silly posturing, but I would have hoped we would root for our own country in any challenge with a foreign enemy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, we shouldn't be rooting openly for another country or their leader vs. ours.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I get that they think Biden has bad policies and is going senile / demented. (I don't agree, but I understand that they think that.) And they want to see him in a live unscripted setting because they think he would do poorly. (He did handle himself just fine in several debates, but whatever.) But that shouldn't make them openly root for Vladimir Putin to defeat him or outwit him. You should be rooting for the good ol' USA in any international relationship or conflict, period.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Agreed, and it's not a good look when we do lose in any international relationship or conflict. As this has happened over the yrs, it has become the precedent that should have never been the case, but dividing each other along any type of line is the new national pastime it seems. Unfortunately, our adversaries see this as a weakness and are pouncing.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

The Chinese really are looking to pounce upon any weakness that we show. And right now, we're showing many, many weaknesses. I'm not sure how much folks back stateside realize about America's weakness globally after the previous administration. We're pretty fucked -- we can't reliably hold Western Europe, Japan, and Korea let alone Southeast Asia. Not sure if folks back home even care, though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... e-n1259254
Biden administration announces $125M military aid package for Ukraine
Ukraine is locked in a costly struggle with Russia. Former President Trump was impeached for allegedly withholding aid to pressure the country to investigate the Bidens.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why would you trust George Papadopoulos to correctly and fairly analyze Biden's Ukraine policies?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Did you not read the article? We know what's going on here, it's not rocket science.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He is a convicted felon because he admitted lying to the FBI about his Russian involvement. But sure, take his word on this one.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There is plenty of evidence that it's the case without taking his "word" for it. He just pointed it out.