2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

Laughter huh? I am a happy guy. My old Burger King manager used to tell me “If speed kills, you ought to live forever.” Then again, my nickname there was spaz.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hmmm.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Fox News has used that same defense when arguing about Tucker Carlson segments in court. "Only a fool would believe this obviously false content."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Hmmm. "believed the allegations then and she believes them now". Sounds like nothing has really changed.

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

So she believes them, but nobody else should, especially people listening to her. got it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, at least she's got you that believes that, haha.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is what she filed in her legal documents, so if she doesn't believe that she is lying (again).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

And yet we still have millions of people thinking mass voter fraud occurred in 2020. How do you cure such rampant ignorance and stupidity?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:07 am
And yet we still have millions of people thinking mass voter fraud occurred in 2020. How do you cure such rampant ignorance and stupidity?
It would help to emphasize critical thinking skills in very early education. Too late for so many today, but we need to think about future generations.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Dominion sues Fox News for $1.6 billion.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dominion- ... aud-claims

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hasn't Fox already tried the "no reasonable person would believe what we said were facts and not opinion" defense for Tucker or Hannity for this same issue?

Indy

Post by Indy »

The voting law signed by Kemp yesterday in Georgia is fucking crazy. It is very telling when one party, in the minority, is working so hard to take away voting rights.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Its quite sad and if you read the comments by other GOPers they are blatantly stating they are trying to suppress the vote.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Please clarify, what is this about?

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Right now many Republicans (please note I do not like neither party much and my father was a Republican campaign manager for many politicians during his life. I just don't like identity politics for the least bit if a party is doing wrong call them on it either side). Seem to be wanting to curtail voting rights within states. Arizona is having a bill being pushed through right now. Georgia just pushed one through with stupid rules like you can't sing or give water to people in voting lines and limiting access. Here they are wanting to remove transparency in vote counting. Many of these are in swing states from the last election. Instead of trying to govern for the people and become more of what voters want representing them. The tactic right now is to limit the access to voting.

Here is just a quick little Pro limiting the voting article. (btw I am not for all the liberal changes to voting (like ex felons voting, mandatory registration etc etc) but these counter limitations that the GOP are wanting to be set are quite draconian)

Do a Quick Google search my friend.
https://www.newsweek.com/people-act-sha ... on-1578468

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What is the reasonable justification for these voter suppression laws and restrictions on voting access? Is there any?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't understand the reason for stopping singing or being able to hand out water. What is the reason for that?

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:19 pm
I don't understand the reason for stopping singing or being able to hand out water. What is the reason for that?
No idea that's how crazy these bills are.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:19 pm
They're upset that they lost, so they're taking it out on democracy.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I doubt either of these are the rational, haha.