Game Day: Suns (42-16) @ Celtics (31-27), Thurs 4/22/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Game Day: Suns (42-16) @ Celtics (31-27), Thurs 4/22/21

Post by bajanguy008 »

That end of the game trolling from Thompson probably annoyed me as much as anything else. Craig again was out there working his ass off then to have to listen to that clown chirping because they won
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I know the draft pick situation will always be revisited and that's fair.
Blaming Book's play on James Jones off-season though...

I can't get on board with that one. I don't believe Book's been overworked or gassed either. We all either want Book to be great or believe he already is but the awful truth is that as much as we believe in him as a franchise guy he still has to silence all the Noise....

Book could be avging 30 right now and the persons who say but he hasn't even played in meaningful games will still hold that against him. So bottom line is that he has to play better, teams are taking away some of his stuff and it's not gonna get any easier in a playoff setting when teams key in on tendencies even more.

We can have that discussion but this is Book's team all we want but the old guy has shown he does his thing as the level goes up. For context, CP3 play in the post season has always been solid imo and his team's exits more about others disappearing than him but his detractors will always hold that against him

I maybe shouldn't pay attention to the Haters but there are many just waiting to say young fella is overrated even if it is out of ignorance. Y'all must be tired of me mentioning my concerns about Book losing his head lil bit or making immature decisions when the Playoffs start but long story short I just want dude to bring his A game

I agree the team has some potential issues that might hurt us in the Playoffs but I just don't want us bounced out easily especially if Book struggles cause I just don't wanna hear/read the stupid chatter

Anyways, enough of my blabbering :oops:
On to the next one

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Jones probably hasn't received enough credit for the offseason, much less the turnaround in just about 2 years. We won 19 games two years ago. No one's roster is perfect but we've done pretty well in the meantime. I think Book is definitely tired but I don't think a backup 2guard would change much. We have enough guards who can play spot minutes if needed. It's a combo of the schedule and Book being the focus of every defense, every night. He's averaging 33mpg, some games heavier than others obviously, but in general we have a very Spurs like minutes distribution going on.

I know Monty and Paul are pushing these guys to play thru fatigue, both mental and physical, to build up that stamina for the playoffs. I just wonder if this is the season to do it, all things considered.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:24 pm
In a season like this, I think you have to give some mental health days to the team. Otherwise the players could just get burned out.
yes but we have +2 days off in NYC after that game. They will get the break they need.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The B2Bs in NY should help a little. Short flight from Boston and no travel after the BK game.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Mentally yes as clearly evident in the video but I'm not sure what's the blueprint for navigating this besides experiencing it. Don't think going forward that there will be much time for mental breaks per say.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I believe this is the last 2 day break of the regular season for our guys.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Maybe the Kardashian Curse has finally caught up. :P
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:14 am
I believe this is the last 2 day break of the regular season for our guys.
yeah that was the last question for book in that interview above. Last 2 days break, and we still have 3 more back-to-backs and they are all on the road.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:15 am
That’s who I’m blaming. Behind every great man is a great woman they say. Behind every great band breakup is a woman. A blessing and a curse.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

'Dack! It's been a long time. What's up?
"Be Legendary."

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:15 am

That's not funny.
😉

Imho, this team needs a "back-up" offense; circa 1996.
We should be able to integrate the Rockets offense utilizing Ayton as Hakeem.

Imagine the Rockets offense focused thru Ayton, with Kobe added in Booker

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:13 am
That end of the game trolling from Thompson probably annoyed me as much as anything else. Craig again was out there working his ass off then to have to listen to that clown chirping because they won

I LOL'ed because that is like the pot calling the kettle black. Had Tristan not been blessed with LeBron his career could have followed Craig's path.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Bucktastic365 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:42 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:

I LOL'ed because that is like the pot calling the kettle black. Had Tristan not been blessed with LeBron his career could have followed Craig's path.
I read he was out-rebounded in the Finals by Steph Curry.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:05 pm
Bucktastic365 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:42 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:

I read he was out-rebounded in the Finals by Steph Curry.
Ouch!
"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:22 am
Jones probably hasn't received enough credit for the offseason, much less the turnaround in just about 2 years. We won 19 games two years ago. No one's roster is perfect but we've done pretty well in the meantime. I think Book is definitely tired but I don't think a backup 2guard would change much. We have enough guards who can play spot minutes if needed. It's a combo of the schedule and Book being the focus of every defense, every night. He's averaging 33mpg, some games heavier than others obviously, but in general we have a very Spurs like minutes distribution going on.

I know Monty and Paul are pushing these guys to play thru fatigue, both mental and physical, to build up that stamina for the playoffs. I just wonder if this is the season to do it, all things considered.
I really like James Jones. If Sario and Cameron Payne start playing like they did in the bubble a lot of our problems will go away. Of course we also need Book to start hitting those shots that seemed automatic. I know we think he is more than capable at running our team with CP3 on the bench but he has gone through these spells of turnover Book. He also still gets no respect from the refs.

I hope we bounce back with solid performances in Brooklyn and New York.

Go Suns
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:27 pm
'Dack! It's been a long time. What's up?
I get burned out on people sometimes and just needed to chill out for awhile.

I haven’t missed a Suns game yet. Ayton is starting to change some people’s minds about him. He is becoming a total manly stud. Craig has been an awesome addition to the lineup. The Suns shooting I imagine is like every teams shooting. Every NBA team goes through shooting slumps and games where nobody misses. It’s why they say on any given night... It’s Monty’s to manage that.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:22 am
I think Book is definitely tired but I don't think a backup 2guard would change much. We have enough guards who can play spot minutes if needed.
That's just it, though: they offer spot minutes. I don't know if I buy the worn down Booker theory, but I also don't think we have a consistent legitimate scorer off the bench that can meaningfully take pressure off the starting unit and/or Booker and Paul. It happens occasionally, but mostly we just depend on the second unit being able to play well collectively in order to take pressure off the starters. It worked for the first half of the year, but down the stretch it has been getting a little dicey.

I think that is something to look at in the offseason if the opportunity presents itself, though the Suns don't really have the resources to make substantial additions to the team.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.