Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Sun 5/23/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Sun 5/23/21

Post by Superbone »

BigLewy wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:38 pm
I might be a good luck charm, in the way that since I'm on EST, I missed the game because I was out day drinking. Maybe I should not tune in moving forward? And I wouldn't worry too much about CP3 hearing a "crack" in his shoulder. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me in a flag football game a few years ago where I collided with someone and heard a crack. I was sore as hell for a few days and couldn't lift my arm for 2-3 days, but I literally did nothing to treat it and was fine, so hopefully with the world class care he gets, he's in a much better spot for game 2. I'm thinking it was a stinger/pinched nerve (or I hope so at least). I'm no medical professional (paging specialsauce!), but I would imagine there's no way to play basketball with a broken or dislocated shoulder.

Oh and F LA!
I hope his trainers are working on him 24 hours a day for the next two days. And I sure hope you're right and it's what you experienced.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:41 pm
BigLewy wrote:
I might be a good luck charm, in the way that since I'm on EST, I missed the game because I was out day drinking. Maybe I should not tune in moving forward? And I wouldn't worry too much about CP3 hearing a "crack" in his shoulder. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me in a flag football game a few years ago where I collided with someone and heard a crack. I was sore as hell for a few days and couldn't lift my arm for 2-3 days, but I literally did nothing to treat it and was fine, so hopefully with the world class care he gets, he's in a much better spot for game 2. I'm thinking it was a stinger/pinched nerve (or I hope so at least). I'm no medical professional (paging specialsauce!), but I would imagine there's no way to play basketball with a broken or dislocated shoulder.

Oh and F LA!
I hope his trainers are working on him 24 hours a day for the next two days. And I sure hope you're right and it's what you experienced.
Let the man sleep Bone! He needs his rest if he's going to get better and 24 hour work with the trainers isn't going to help.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

This could be the start of...

...wait for it...

...Shaq and Kobe 2.0!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:41 pm
BigLewy wrote:

Oh and F LA!
Let the man sleep Bone! He needs his rest if he's going to get better and 24 hour work with the trainers isn't going to help.
I figured he'd sleep while being worked on and they'd bring in 3 guys for every 24 hours that would work in 8 hour shifts. ;)
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Just got back home from work
Was eager to see Indy's recap from being at the game, surprise he hasn't posted yet
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Was eager to see Indy's recap from being at the game, surprise he hasn't posted yet
I’ll be at game 2, hopefully another win

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

The victory, it is not pyrrhic.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Only 4 of the 8 home teams won game 1. The Suns are the only one out of 4 home teams to win in the western conference. Every other west team was upset in game 1.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:03 pm
JustWinBaby wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:41 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:09 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:05 pm
Just curious, Ayton haters, where you all at now? Hmm? I seem to recall a lot of people calling my guy a "pussy" and saying he sucks and isn't worth a contract.
Come on now. If you've watched the games you've seen him loaf around too much. That Ayton does suck.
Yep - I was one of the pussy callers and I stand by it. He had a great game today but he can be even better. I still want him to finish and get fouled more. We are very good at the line but seldom get there.

My biggest key to the game was Cam Johnson. We really need this guy. He is another body we can put on Lebron. Now if Cam Payne can turn it around and CP3 can magically get healthy we have something.
Imagine doubling down on this take after the dude puts up 21 points on 91% shooting with 16 rebounds.
He wasn't a pussy today and did his job very well. This is what you should expect from a number 1 pick. The guys we passed on for him had a triple double and won the first game of his series as well.

I am only asking for more. What he gave us was very very good. Unfortunately I doubt he can give us what I want. I want Amare's and 1's from him. Amare had huge hands that helped him tremendously in controlling the ball in the paint in traffic. I think Ayton has small hands, he seems to struggle on wide open dunks to control the ball with one hand.

However Amare never rebounded or played defense like Ayton. I want a blend that includes both of their strengths. Probably unachievable.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Hand Sizes

Ayton 9.5 L - 9-5 W
Crowder 9.5 L - 10.5 W (Can he even dunk)
Kawaii 9/75 L - 11.75 W
Jordan 9.75 L - 11.375 W
Gianis 9.85 L - 12.0 W
Shaq 10.25 L - 12.0 W

I could not find Amare's hand size anywhere but I would expect it to be in the Gianis territory.

DA just keep up the effort on both ends and all will be well. Use 2 hands when necessary to hold onto the ball, I will forgive you. Stay out of foul trouble, that was huge today.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BTW, our fans tonight were the best I’ve heard since before the pandemic started. Thanks to Indy and the rest of our fans for their intensity. Let’s do it again on Tuesday.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:44 pm
Hand Sizes

Ayton 9.5 L - 9-5 W
Kawaii 9/75 L - 11.75 W
Jordan 9.75 L - 11.375 W
Gianis 9.85 L - 12.0 W
Shaq 10.25 L - 12.0 W

I could not find Amare's hand size anywhere but I would expect it to be in the Gianis territory.

DA just keep up the effort on both ends and all will be well. Use 2 hands when necessary to hold onto the ball, I will forgive you. Stay out of foul trouble, that was huge today.
Ayton with Bridges’ hands is a first ballot HOFer.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu wrote:
Just curious, Ayton haters, where you all at now? Hmm? I seem to recall a lot of people calling my guy a "pussy" and saying he sucks and isn't worth a contract.
I'll happily admit I was wrong about him when he plays this way for the next 10-12 years.

BlaCkAdDa

Game Day Playoff Edition: Lakers (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Sun 5/23/21

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

ShelC wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I'll happily admit I was wrong about him when he plays this way for the next 10-12 years.
Yeah and I'm on the fence with Booker still too Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Also want to add that even tho it was Game 1 of the Playoffs, this was a 2021 Suns type of game for us. We had a short stretch after the Paul injury where we looked out of sorts, but otherwise this could've been a normal game in February. We were just steady, playing our game on both ends of the floor - not too high or low, no one forcing anything offensively or major breakdowns defensively. We controlled the game, held onto the lead, withstood their runs and just executed as always. That focused consistency and steadiness has become part of our identity.

Book really did all the little things yesterday but his activity early on defensively and making hustle plays stood out.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

ShelC wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:44 am
Also want to add that even tho it was Game 1 of the Playoffs, this was a 2021 Suns type of game for us. We had a short stretch after the Paul injury where we looked out of sorts, but otherwise this could've been a normal game in February. We were just steady, playing our game on both ends of the floor - not too high or low, no one forcing anything offensively or major breakdowns defensively. We controlled the game, held onto the lead, withstood their runs and just executed as always. That focused consistency and steadiness has become part of our identity.
So Spursy. I love it.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:05 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:58 pm
I’ll be at game 2, hopefully another win
Trust me I'm jealous so I remember all you lucky ones lol

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I went to work like an hour after the game and was still not fully relaxed despite us winning smh :oops:
Kept thinking bout CP3 and saying this really can't be our/his luck but morning after I will try be cool and wait til tomorrow night because Monty probably not saying anything conclusive today 🤐

As for my series take
Great to get that win especially with a lil adversity to really keep the team's belief high and the energy in the city a buzz going into game 2 but as others have said grand scheme of things we've done nothing.

I think LeBron has some ridiculous game 2 win % and although there are some silly narratives and exaggerations when it comes to him.....
I believe there is some truth so the slow game 1s and if he manages to still win you're likely to be down 0-2 or he bounces back and ties it 1-1. I really want us to go up 2-0 and I will like our chances of playing free, super confident and winning one in LA.

So yea that's the blueprint for me as decent chance Lakers well Bron play improves so just holding serve to go to a game 7 wouldn't be our best chance at the series win

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Finally looking at the box score
Cam had 6 rebounds, that's very good. Again can't say how pleasantly surprised I am with his first game. I know I didn't see much of Craig but that's the domino effect of Cam's game. Only 3mins for Craig especially against Bron n AD is an interesting development. He really was a key guy off the bench in the 2nd half of the season so sure he might still be needed at some point and I'm sure he'll be ready.

Dario stuffed someone with a block
He actually jumped, that might still be the most shocking play of the night :lol:

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:44 pm
Hand Sizes

Ayton 9.5 L - 9-5 W
Kawaii 9/75 L - 11.75 W
Jordan 9.75 L - 11.375 W
Gianis 9.85 L - 12.0 W
Shaq 10.25 L - 12.0 W

Connie Hawkins: 10.5/11
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?