The Official 2021 Phoenix Suns Playoff Run Realists' Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LVSunsFAN

Re: The Official 2021 Phoenix Suns Playoff Run Optimists' Thread

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Here in Vegas the Suns are now -180 to win the series, almost 2-1 favorites.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

I don’t care how we beat the Lakers, I just want them gone. They WANTED us in the first round remember?

With injuries to key players on various teams at times it almost seems like things are lining up for the Suns.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Changing his narrative

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Book's been playing very hard defensively. At the same time, I'm just waiting for some combo of those guys to break out for a big 3pt shooting game. Not because of anything Book does or doesn't do, just because Kuz, Schroder, Caruso, KCP seem like they're due.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

ShelC wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:39 pm
Book's been playing very hard defensively. At the same time, I'm just waiting for some combo of those guys to break out for a big 3pt shooting game. Not because of anything Book does or doesn't do, just because Kuz, Schroder, Caruso, KCP seem like they're due.
So do Bridges, Johnson, Crowder and Booker.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

SunsRIt wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:49 pm
ShelC wrote:
So do Bridges, Johnson, Crowder and Booker.
Indeed.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:31 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:23 am
I also don't get all the "I'm not going to cry for them...I'm not going to feel sorry for them" comments. I don't think anyone is asking Suns fans to feel sorry for the Lakers. I hate the Davis injury because beating the Lakers without him isn't as significant of an achievement as beating them with them. I get the greatest amount of joy when my team wins because they were better, not because the other team was missing a superstar or because my team had a bad call in critical moment go their way.
Do you remember at heart the injury report from the time we sweep the Spurs? Of course we can google it, but I don’t think that, keeping it honest, someone does, or even cares, about those injury reports, WE SWEEP THEM. Or what about the variety of injuries Kobe had along those years when we eliminated them? Kobe himself acknowledge us as a rivalry, given the time we bounce them out of the playoffs, injuries aside.
Well I think we're muddying waters here. Kobe played and did a lot of damage against us in the series we won. I'm talking about a star not playing. It's that simple. I'm not talking about someone playing through injury. Hardly anyone is 100% this time of year anyway. So let's not get too far from the original point.

When a superstar is missing, I do remember. I remember beating the Spurs in 2000. Duncan was missing for the entire series, but we were missing Kidd for games 1-3, so personally, I felt that evened things out to a certain extent. I enjoyed the series (it was seeing KJ back and leading the team).
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:43 pm
And I’m not sure what you gain from trying to be some sort of “voice of reason” minimizing the disparity on the referees, or the change on tide the injuries brought to this series since game 1.
I'm just saying what I think on a message board. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, I haven't said a single word to minimize the importance of Paul's injury.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Can you ever enjoy something about this team? Or you have to keep dissecting everything until you find something wrong?
I don't understand what complaining about officiating or talking about injuries has anything to do with enjoying the team.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Kinda hard for KCP to have a big shooting game if he doesn't play though.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Well that's one down.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:44 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
And I’m not sure what you gain from trying to be some sort of “voice of reason” minimizing the disparity on the referees, or the change on tide the injuries brought to this series since game 1.
I'm just saying what I think on a message board. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, I haven't said a single word to minimize the importance of Paul's injury.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Can you ever enjoy something about this team? Or you have to keep dissecting everything until you find something wrong?
I don't understand what complaining about officiating or talking about injuries has anything to do with enjoying the team.
So was I, you were wondering about what I said, and gave you a direct answer, of course you can run to the corners and deflect the core of the question, but I was only wondering what’s on your head, just as you questioned mine. It’s a two way road this opinion boards thing. Now, let’s go back to talk Suns basketball!!!

Indy

Post by Indy »

There have been some bad calls go against us, but the refs are not the reason we were down 2-1. It was us trying to play Paul (and let him do way too much) when he had no business being on a basketball court.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Regardless of the Lakers health, if we’re fortunate enough to win the title, we’ll have had to go through Denver, Utah or LAC and then BKN/MIL/PHI (with a loaded Nets team being the favorite).

That’s a pretty tall task. I think we’ll have earned the title even if Davis misses time or is gimpy.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Confidence ✔ against Denver...?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Great thread, CS! We did it! We took down the defending champ Lakers! Everything is on the other side of hard.

Hard thing number one: Beat the defending NBA champs. ✔
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:22 pm
Mine is pretty high. Higher than it was for beating the Lakers. Feeling good right now but no question DA is going to have his hands full and we'll need him to bring it every single night.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

DA will be the most important guy in this series. He’s our only shot at limiting Jokic. Needs to stay out of foul trouble.

They’ll throw Gordon on Booker. They’ll probably double on screens...how does Jokic do in pick and roll? Feel like we can attack that. Ayton has historically showed up to play against Jokic.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Denver and the Suns played each other close. It will be a battle. Second round here we come!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:29 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:22 pm
Mine is pretty high. Higher than it was for beating the Lakers. Feeling good right now but no question DA is going to have his hands full and we'll need him to bring it every single night.
Same for me. But that's worrisome given my track record.

I thought Ayton had played Jokic well enough this season that the Suns won't need a bunch of defensive schemes to keep him from dominating.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

538 gives us a 62% chance to make the Conference Finals... but only a 24% chance to make the Finals.