Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Split T »

Anyone watching Bucks-Nets? This might be the best series of the postseason. Harden left after one minute to the locker room.

ShelC

Re: Second Round(Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by ShelC »

Yea really excited for this series but sucks Harden is out now. I feel like the Bucks have more talent throughout the roster but the Nets have the bigger stars. I really want to see how Holiday does on Kyrie.

Split T

Post by Split T »

PJ started on Durant and did pretty good. Kyrie was cooking early…still is

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the Bucks are going to win this series. I like their roster balance and chemistry better, and they have much more experience as a cohesive team. I don't believe in these thrown-together superteams winning in their first season. I think next year is the year Brooklyn will be most deadly. I especially don't think BKN is going far if they get a major injury, which I think could be likely to either Harden or Durant. Harden went out with I believe a hamstring problem already.

As for this game, it seems chippy already. It feels like a Game 4-5, where the teams are already sick of each other and pissed off, rather than a Game 1. I think both teams know that whichever team wins this series is going to the Finals. A lot is at stake.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Brooklyn looks real good, even without Harden. Milwaukee has their work cut out for them

Split T

Post by Split T »

Our favorite ex-suns pg, mike James, is having quite the game.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Mori Chu wrote:I think the Bucks are going to win this series. I like their roster balance and chemistry better, and they have much more experience as a cohesive team. I don't believe in these thrown-together superteams winning in their first season. I think next year is the year Brooklyn will be most deadly. I especially don't think BKN is going far if they get a major injury, which I think could be likely to either Harden or Durant. Harden went out with I believe a hamstring problem already.

As for this game, it seems chippy already. It feels like a Game 4-5, where the teams are already sick of each other and pissed off, rather than a Game 1. I think both teams know that whichever team wins this series is going to the Finals. A lot is at stake.
Still feel like the bucks are pretenders - no legit number 2 really.

And hear what you say about slapping together all stars but something about this team feels different - that is, two league MVP’s playing together and both both are generational-unguardable where it’s hard enough getting one of these types on a team (of all stars or otherwise).

Meaning team dynamic is less important imo (and which is really saying something for me, as I always lean team dynamic first, the star(s) second ..).

Split T

Post by Split T »

Bucks lost tonight, but it seems a little flukey. Bucks were terrible from 3 and you just can’t beat Brooklyn if you don’t hit your shots. 6/30 is just bad luck.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If only CP3 and Blake Griffin didn't hate each other, maybe we could have gotten him lol.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:09 pm
Bucks lost tonight, but it seems a little flukey. Bucks were terrible from 3 and you just can’t beat Brooklyn if you don’t hit your shots. 6/30 is just bad luck.
Bucks lost, but if you're gambling on Blake Griffin to be one of your best guys every night, and for the opposing team to shoot 20% from 3, good luck with that. I would still look for the Bucks to split these Brooklyn games.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Yeah, I wouldn't count out the Bucks yet, especially with the injury to Harden.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:17 pm
If only CP3 and Blake Griffin didn't hate each other, maybe we could have gotten him lol.
I don't think that's true.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Hard pass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:22 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Hard pass
I agree on that part.
"Be Legendary."

jonh

Post by jonh »

I would so much rather have the bucks win than the nets. It’s not really comparable.

Mori Chu

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by Mori Chu »

Today's games will be very interesting. I'm curious to see how rugged Philly will be given the injury to Embiid. The Hawks may have an opportunity here to make an unlikely run to the ECF. That sounds preposterous just typing it, but without Embiid, can Philly really win a series?

And the Clips/Mavs Game 7 is a must-watch. That series has been kind of a hot mess. I don't know what I am rooting for. I guess I want the Mavs to win because I want the better Western teams out of the picture to clear an easier path for us. But I think the Clips are the better team and would have an advantage to win the series.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Embiid is going to play today…we’ll see if this is an AD type situation where he only plays a few minutes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, Philly is getting massacred by the Hawks. It's 53-27 Atlanta right now in the 2nd quarter. Trae Young has 12 and 5, Bogdanovic has 11. Embiid is playing, but oof, do you really want to risk his knee in a series like this?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I think the Bucks will one game this series. They just don't have much outside of the Greek Freak that matches the big 2 with Harden out that Brooklyn has. The rest of Brooklyn's roster is far more deep than the Bucks too.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Simmons is bringing it today.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.