Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Second Round (Non Suns) Playoff Games

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:51 am
Simmons is bringing it today.
Means nothing. Down 16 after 3.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It means he is doing his part.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:07 pm
It means he is doing his part.
That worked out great for LeBron. I guess I'm trying to say, I don't see Atlanta losing this series.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Atlanta has come out strong, but it is just one game.

I've been critical of Simmons, so I simply wanted to acknowledge that he is playing on the level that the Sixers need.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

What a fantastic ending to the Sixers/Hawks game. Crazy last few minutes.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:00 pm
What a fantastic ending to the Sixers/Hawks game. Crazy last few minutes.
Absolutely! I feel a bit bold (dumb) for my prior proclamation! That's why the games are 48 minutes.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Harden out for game two with hamstring tightness.

One comment to add, Harden has looked overweight all season - when it comes to winning any sport championship I feel like more or less every player on the team has to be 100% committed otherwise you run the risk of there being a chink in your armour, so to speak.

Talent may override the risk in the Nets' case, assuming he can get himself back on the court, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out .. and Shaq wasn't in perfect shape for some of his titles so maybe there's nothing to see here.

But if his being out of shape means he can't even get back on the court and the Nets don't win, well that's a different type of chink altogether but a pretty damn big one.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

3rdside wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:13 pm

One comment to add, Harden has looked overweight all season - when it comes to winning any sport championship I feel like more or less every player on the team has to be 100% committed otherwise you run the risk of there being a chink in your armour, so to speak.

Talent may override the risk in the Nets' case, assuming he can get himself back on the court, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out .. and Shaq wasn't in perfect shape for some of his titles so maybe there's nothing to see here.

But if his being out of shape means he can't even get back on the court and the Nets don't win, well that's a different type of chink altogether but a pretty damn big one.
Without Harden their passing is pretty poor and their offense is in danger of devolving into your-turn, my-turn between Kyrie and KD. Now, they just beat Milwaukee the other day without Harden, so maybe I'm an idiot. But I think if he's out, Milwaukee has the advantage.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Clips advance, beating the Mavs. I think they were the better team. I guess this is good because they'll give a better challenge to Utah in the second round. Utah would have rolled over the Mavs easily I think. Kawhi has looked great in the last few games.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:54 pm
3rdside wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:13 pm

Without Harden their passing is pretty poor and their offense is in danger of devolving into your-turn, my-turn between Kyrie and KD. Now, they just beat Milwaukee the other day without Harden, so maybe I'm an idiot. But I think if he's out, Milwaukee has the advantage.
And if he stays out we also benefit - Nets and Clippers the only teams that beat us in during the regular season and which I worry about.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

How about McCollum for Kristaps?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:29 pm
How about McCollum for Kristaps?
Dallas would love that, I don’t think Portland would touch it. Porzingis has fallen off a cliff

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Looking at the second round schedules, I wonder if there will be a game on the 4th of July, perhaps a Game 7 of the Conference Finals or even a Finals game.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Porzingis is a bum. Smart teams wouldn't touch him at all. So I guess he'll be playing for the Kings next season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:24 pm
Porzingis is a bum. Smart teams wouldn't touch him at all. So I guess he'll be playing for the Kings next season.
Man, I remember when I wanted to get him from the Knicks so bad. Glad that subsided.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
He isn't a bum; he just isn't worth what he gets paid. Dallas shouldn't have placed him in the corner and just tried to use him as a taller Kleber. He is more capable than that.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bucks having a hard time stopping the Nets again. Up 65-41 at the half. Durant has 21 already. Giannis has just 6 points. What the heck is going on? He should be taking like 48 shots a game.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:39 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
He isn't a bum; he just isn't worth what he gets paid. Dallas shouldn't have placed him in the corner and just tried to use him as a taller Kleber. He is more capable than that.
Being more capable but failing is one of my bum indicators. Josh Jackson is another example of this.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm so over the Bucks.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:33 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:39 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Being more capable but failing is one of my bum indicators. Josh Jackson is another example of this.
I put some blame on Luka. If he can't make players around him better, he's going to have a low ceiling. It's great if he can score 49 points in a playoff game or whatever, but if everybody else is just standing around, he's just another Westbrook.