Game Day Playoff Edition — Round 2, Game 1 — Denver Nuggets @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/7/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — Round 2, Game 1 — Denver Nuggets @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/7/2021

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:32 pm
Nuggets 6 free throw attempts, Suns had 20. Is this real life?

Jokic still has zero free throw attempts against Ayton for the season.
It's amazing how the game can be officiated when the teams aren't spending every possession trying to bait the officials.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — Round 2, Game 1 — Denver Nuggets @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/7/2021

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:04 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:39 pm
Oooooooooof that felt good
That game was like sex! Two and a half quarters of struggling and then release!
Super BONE with the wham, Bam, SLAM!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:48 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:34 pm
Nuggets are playing harder and with more focus that the Suns in this quarter.
That didn't age well. :D
It was true until about half way through the quarter.
Actually, it was only for the first 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter. I just went back and watched it. We were down 10 with 8 minutes to go when Bridges hit a two and was fouled and he made the FT. He then hit a three from the corner. We outscored them 25-7 to end the quarter up 9.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:41 pm
I don't really know what to think of Jokic in this game. He seemed to be overly passive for stretches.

I didn't watch a ton of the Nuggets/Blazers series, so I don't know if he played the same way.

I'm reading some comments on the Internet about the Suns needing to find an answer for Gordon, but that's now how I saw it. To me it looked like the Suns were content with allowing the mismatch with Paul or Booker defending him because they don't think Gordon can consistently make the right play, and more importantly, it takes the ball out of Jokic's hands.
They said AD was passive in game one too...

From everything I have seen/heard, Jokić is unstoppable offensively and he either scores on you at will or you have to double team him. If you double team him he is really good at passing to an open man making him the likely MVP of the league. From the games Ayton and Jokić have played against each other this year including tonight, Ayton has been able to guard him one on one very effectively and Jokić’s shooting % is pretty low. It’s much easier to find an open man when you have two guys guarding you and one of your team mates isn’t being guarded.

Maybe Jokić seems passive because he doesn’t know what to do now. Hard to score on Ayton and everyone is guarded one on one. The Ayton/Jokić matchup was a wash as they say and Denver can’t afford for that to happen and hope to win the series already down two players including your star PG.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:37 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:41 pm
I don't really know what to think of Jokic in this game. He seemed to be overly passive for stretches.

I didn't watch a ton of the Nuggets/Blazers series, so I don't know if he played the same way.

I'm reading some comments on the Internet about the Suns needing to find an answer for Gordon, but that's now how I saw it. To me it looked like the Suns were content with allowing the mismatch with Paul or Booker defending him because they don't think Gordon can consistently make the right play, and more importantly, it takes the ball out of Jokic's hands.
They said AD was passive in game one too...
AD went on to crush the Suns in games 2 and 3.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Anyone else having issues posting/reading tweets? I'm getting a "service unavailable" error message now.

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:24 am
Anyone else having issues posting/reading tweets? I'm getting a "service unavailable" error message now.
Same here :/

Edit : it's back !

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What a win! It felt like about 7 guys played great for us: all 5 starters plus Payne and Craig. It was so refreshing to see Bridges have a big game. I think the Lakers had a really stifling defense that made it really hard for some of our wings and guards to score. Having the floor open up a bit has really freed him to do his thing.

I feel like Payne tried to do too much tonight. Sometimes he takes layups way too deep and gets blocked or even bricks it off the bottom of the rim. And sometimes he comes down and dribble-dribbles and then jacks up a 3 without looking to pass. I think it's very fixable, but I wish he'd play within himself just a tiny bit more. And I keep worrying he'll have a rage breakdown right there on the court; he's so intense.

Ayton's play was great. Gave us effective defense on Jokic, to the point where we didn't need to double and compromise the rest of our defense and leave shooters open. That is the way to beat this Nuggets team.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Love these young fans:

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Jokic had more shots than points and more turnovers than assists…do you think that’s happened this year before?

Edit: this was the 4th time Jokic took more shots than he scored points. Regular season games against Lakers and Clippers, game 4 against Portland and last night.

It was also the 4th time Jokic had more turnovers than assists. Regular season games against Dallas and Memphis, game 4 against Portland and last night.

So game 4 against Portland also had both.

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:26 am
Love these young fans:

Haha, I remember being that age and falling in love with the Suns. Those kids will remember this forever!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow
What a evening/night

I usually finish work at 11:30 and would have said I battle with rushing home to catch the end of game or watching it from beginning. Well I get called into work early, don't even get to see anything at all and then get stuck at work til 1:30am !!

So did my usual, stay offline til I get to watch the game. Get home after 2 and start from the beginning then no lie, literally after Ayton dunk and walking to the FT line as I am in shock my screen went blank. House in darkness, electricity gone off 😤🙄

I'm tripping like this can't be happening lol, don't want to use my data to check the board or Twitter to see who won. Electricity luckily doesn't stay off long and I'm there gutting it out with my eyes burning cause I need to know what happened lol. Then the slow 3rd quarter has me like man, is this how my day really going, nonsense with work, electricity and now the guys might have played subpar ?!?! 😬😔

Then who else with things getting a lil tense with the deficit at 10, my Avatar Bro puts together a sequence of the flashes we seen this season with Off the Dribble Mikal n Zero Hesitation Mikal and then the team was off to the races

Finished the game like 4am and dropped to sleep on like Page 6 of this thread lol but what a game 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:50 pm
This sequence and the noise level was definitely awesome to see. Great stuff and it's even better for Torrey to finish that alley after seeing what happened on CP3 shot that lead to him falling

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The Craig foul is the type of play they call if you miss the shot. But we made the 3 (I think) so they don't call the foul.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:42 am
15 years is a long fucking time.

Split T

Post by Split T »

So what’s Denver’s answer defensively? We looked like we figured them out in the 2nd half. Unless they get some guys back, I’m not sure there’s much they can do, they really only start one good defender. I don’t think we’ll have a problem scoring, if we defend, we win.

Denver will play better offensively, but I think we have the defense to keep them at bay.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Love Raja, but he didn’t think we were real, so I’m excited to listen and have him walk that back!