Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

0.000242% chance and resolved easily anyway? Yes, selfish or paranoid. I got the vaccine after already catching Covid earlier. I already had an enlarged right heart from a bad valve. I must be super brave.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I've got some other numbers.
https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/datasets.html

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Do you have any idea how many people died in a car accident after getting the vaccine? makes you think...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, great. More anti-vax bullshit. It's really sad how gullible and ignorant such a large group of people has become.

There's no point in trying to reason with them. They've made up their mind and are comfortable in their little disinformation cocoon. The right strategy is shunning and avoidance. You don't vaccinate, I won't be around you. Have fun hanging out with all your other diseased friends.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Are the WHO anti-vaxers too? They just recommended that those under 18 shouldn't get vaccinated.

Have these vaccines gone through full FDA approval? No, they only got approved for emergency use provision. There are zero long term studies complete. You are the experiment.

It's funny how you call people who are resistant to taking these particular experimental gene therapies as an "anti-vaxxer", even though they are not opposed to any other vaccine. And if you have natural immunity because you had covid previously, it makes zero sense to take the experimental gene therapy.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have two right wing cousins who refused to go to my aunt and uncle’s house because my aunt and uncle had just got vaccinated. They were afraid to be around them thinking they were much more likely to catch Covid from someone who was vaccinated.

So, since this is an “experimental drug”, do you think no one should get the vaccine to be safe? If no one gets the vaccine then the entire world just learns to live with Covid? Stay in lockdown and live in this world where most of the world is shut down and losing millions of people to Covid and our economies all crumble. The right wing method seems to be to blow off the virus altogether, not lock down, no vaccines and just live life as usual and accept the consequences no matter how many millions die. At least we have our freedom. Better that than getting vaccinated and risking some side effect in a few thousand people.

That’s the way it appears to me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:18 pm
I have two right wing cousins who refused to go to my aunt and uncle’s house because my aunt and uncle had just got vaccinated. They were afraid to be around them thinking they were much more likely to catch Covid from someone who was vaccinated.

So, since this is an “experimental drug”, do you think no one should get the vaccine to be safe? If no one gets the vaccine then the entire world just learns to live with Covid? Stay in lockdown and live in this world where most of the world is shut down and losing millions of people to Covid and our economies all crumble. The right wing method seems to be to blow off the virus altogether, not lock down, no vaccines and just live life as usual and accept the consequences no matter how many millions die. At least we have our freedom. Better that than getting vaccinated and risking some side effect in a few thousand people.

Are you of the belief that everywhere has been and is still in a lockdown or until enough are vaccinated?

Do you also believe that regardless of their age, circumstance or whether they have had covid, should be vaccinated?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I done heard, one fella got that there vaxxine and then got into a car accident and died! Explain that, SCIENCE!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:28 pm
I done heard, one fella got that there vaxxine and then got into a car accident and died! Explain that, SCIENCE!
Haha, you done made a funny der. I hadn't seen that, but I did see this.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Well if Ur_Dragoness posted it on Twitter, it must be true.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:17 pm
Well if Ur_Dragoness posted it on Twitter, it must be true.
Look past the person posting it on Twitter, Mori. It's not about that, it was about the news broadcast. I would have given a different post, if I could have found the one I saw about earlier, with that appeal to authority that you are clamoring for.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:27 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:18 pm

Are you of the belief that everywhere has been and is still in a lockdown or until enough are vaccinated?

Do you also believe that regardless of their age, circumstance or whether they have had covid, should be vaccinated?

I believe we all had to lockdown to save lives until we could come up with a vaccine. Half the country got the vaccine and we are coming out of this pandemic hopefully because of those who had already got Covid and those who have been vaccinated. We vaccinated all the oldest and most frail and moved onto everyone else who were willing to get it. It’s frustrating that there are holdouts like my cousins who buy any propaganda that comes out against vaccines. If there are those who specifically know they are at risk from getting the vaccine from some sort of ailment or allergy, I have no problems with them holding out. There aren’t 150,000,000 Americans that I know of fitting that criteria. All the old frail people got it but, now the young healthy people are too frail to get it? I am not buying it. There is always a risk in everything we do. I could have died from the vaccine. The odds say that was nearly impossible.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wasting your time. In2ition is convinced its a government contrived gene therapy without any long terms studies designed to track us, control us and alter our genetic makeup.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:49 am
Wasting your time. In2ition is convinced its a government contrived gene therapy without any long terms studies designed to track us, control us and alter our genetic makeup.
People think mRNA vaccines alter genes/DNA?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
That's a negative. Nice try AIG, but I do not think it's designed to track and control you. Obviously, there are other ways to do that, if the government is so inclined.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:30 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
That's a negative. Nice try AIG, but I do not think it's designed to track and control you. Obviously, there are other ways to do that, if the government is so inclined.
So you do think it is gene therapy?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ya

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think if you refuse to get vaccinated (and otherwise would be medically able to receive the vaccine), you should have to forfeit your right to any medical care if you do get COVID. That seems fair. You think vaccines have evil microchips and magnets in them? You think COVID's no big deal? Okay, fight it off at home, have fun.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What should the punishment be for those who use often use strawman arguments and false dilemma fallacies? Who said the injections had microchips or magnets in them? Is this a common used excuse in your sphere of influence over hesitancy?

Indy

Post by Indy »

C'mon In2. You promote 'theories' from folks like Charlie Kirk or Lin Wood or some other troll on OANN.