Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Post by pickle »

I’m a little late to the celebration party. Been fending off pricks on instant messenger telling me how that was not a flagrant by Beverley on Ayton because he got the ball. I can’t stand that argument which was the same one that Reggie Miller made when Jokic took half of Payne’s nose off. I can always get to the ball when I am not concerned with what is in the way. The play that Beverley made was dangerous and could’ve resulted in serious harm and it needs to be called accordingly. Can’t believe JVG lobbied for the Crowder pull on the leg to be a flagrant while this one wasn’t. And nobody on the Clippers ever flop obviously.

Even after this win the refs and commentators still left such a horrible taste. Fuck you NBA.

Danimal

Re: Game Day, Playoff Edition — WCF: Game 6 — Phoenix Suns @ LA Clippers, Wed 6/30/2021

Post by Danimal »

Change it to phx-suns.wet!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Championship odds:
 -190 (61.7%) Suns
 +280 (24.8%) Bucks
 +600 (13.5%) Hawks

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:20 pm
da_suns_fan wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:15 pm
Where were you last time the Suns were in the Finals?

I was at boy scout camp. I was 12.

Im now 40.
Junior year at Horizon High School in Scottsdale. I was playing baseball out of Cactus during the early Summer.
I was 6. I cried after Game 6 of the Finals....Tears of a different kind right now
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

da_suns_fan wrote:

Im now 40.
I was in college with one child. Now I have 5, my youngest just graduated from high school. That one child in college was 18 months old. She’s will be 30 in November.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Great deadline trade by the clips to send two seconds and Lou Williams for Rondo so the Hawks can advance to the finals to set up the Ayton vs. Trae showdown.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He said in the postgame interview he had an MRI yesterday on his wrist and until tonight it looked like he was hesitant to shoot.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Before the season, when Jevon Carter said we could win the championship, who took him seriously?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Let’s fucking goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:56 pm
He said in the postgame interview he had an MRI yesterday on his wrist and until tonight it looked like he was hesitant to shoot.

That's less than great.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Point. GOD. Best PG in Suns history.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:43 pm
da_suns_fan wrote:

Im now 40.
I was 13. I became a fan because of those Barkley years. I thought, how fun, watching the local team go all the way to the Finals to face Michael Jordan and the Bulls! I can't believe they literally have never been back ever since. It has been so long, and we've been through so much. I've been through so much in my own life, and now I have a family of my own and 3 kids, a little too young to become Suns fans yet, but that's just how long it's been since we have been in this position. Wow.
I made my nine year old daughter take a pic with my KJ jersey and Vintage Suns gorilla from the 80s. She totally didnt care.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Remember the press conference in 1993 when the Suns were wearing those purple Western conference champions t-shirts?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

We did it! The Suns are going to the finals! I never thought I’d say that again in my lifetime. Especially not on the night of my 40th birthday. After all the pain and suffering, what a gift!
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

This one.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Let’s Go Suns!!!

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:06 pm
We did it! The Suns are going to the finals! I never thought I’d say that again in my lifetime. Especially not on the night of my 40th birthday. After all the pain and suffering, what a gift!
Happy Birthday bro! I was 12 too.

I had come to terms with the fact that they would NEVER win an NBA championship. I accepted it. Its too hard. 29 other teams and the same franchises keep winning it over and over. Just too tough.

Theyre back in the NBA FINALS. I cant even believe it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

First of all, SUNS WIN! They in in the Finals!?!? Wow, so stressful!

I so glad we got to send smug little Beverly packing. He trash talks his way through the entire season and then shoves Paul at the end when he felt slighted somehow? Good riddance.

It felt to me as if the Suns were playing against the Clippers and the refs. I hate being biased but, they called every little thing against the Suns and ignored all the crap the Clippers were doing. Jokic gets kicked out of the game for a swipe at the ball that gets some of Paynes face. Beverly does a total wind up tomahawk chop getting the ball and practically giving Ayton a concussion and no flagrant. Crowder misses a three, looks like he gets fouled, falls down. Batum pokes at Crowder on the ground, Crowder touches him on the leg, Batum falls down, foul on Crowder. Marc Jackson says, “That should be a flagrant!” They said the Clippers set a new NBA record for not having any fouls called against them until late in the second quarter. A record that has stood for 25 years. Pfft. I bet Monty had to tell them to not worry about getting fouls called and just put it in the hoop because they weren’t going to get any calls. All the media picked the Clippers. The announcers seemed pro Clippers. The refs seemed to be pro Clippers and yet the Suns stayed focused and Paul took them home in the fourth quarter like we have seen so many times in previous games. Pauls mojo is back. No more injuries or Covid to take him out of his groove.

I talked some shit about Monty not making adjustments the last game. Morris baked Booked at the beginning of the last game over and over and the Suns finally came with a double after six straight buckets by Morris. The first time Morris tried to post up Booker this gameCrowder ran over and doubled while Booker ran back to Crowders man.

Cousins came in when Ayton went out and hurt us a couple of games. This time Monty left Ayton in an extra few minutes to guard Cousins when he came in. Ayton was gassed at the end of the quarter but mission accomplished.

Crowder hit his first and second three pointer and that was a godsend. The Clipper group rebound scheme disappeared this game and Ayton cleaned up. Booker hit some shots and Paul destroyed them in the fourth quarter. They doubled George a lot and he didn’t like that at all.

Sorry I doubted you Monty. Congratulations to the Suns and all us Suns fans on making it to the finals. I bet there will be a LOT of people meeting the Suns at the airport when they come in. Looking forward to that video.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Looking forward to the parade that comes after four more wins.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Am I supposed to sleep tonight?