phx-suns.net Get together?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: phx-suns.net Get together?

Post by Indy »

I am lucky enough to be at the game on Thursday or I would plan to be there

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

I don't think I told anyone here, but I dreamt some time ago that I traveled to AZ and got to a game and meet you guys.
Never mind that our coach in my dreams was Leandro Barbosa.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You never know…

Indy

Post by Indy »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:52 am
I don't think I told anyone here, but I dreamt some time ago that I traveled to AZ and got to a game and meet you guys.
Never mind that our coach in my dreams was Leandro Barbosa.
I used to have semi-regular dreams that I played for the Suns. I was a 14-15th man that would go out there and try and hit a few shots in blowouts. Forget that I am not quote 6 foot tall, but I played PF. It has been a few years since I had that dream.

jonh

Post by jonh »

I was close to buying tickets to fly out, but with a 6-month old son (along with 2 other kids), I won't be making it this finals run. Would anyone be interested in a zoom call before/after one of the games? Almost like the podcast with espo, only more relevant and with people I would actually want to hear from.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:49 pm
I was close to buying tickets to fly out, but with a 6-month old son (along with 2 other kids), I won't be making it this finals run. Would anyone be interested in a zoom call before/after one of the games? Almost like the podcast with espo, only more relevant and with people I would actually want to hear from.
LOL. This is the exact way I feel about that show. I can't listen to it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:31 pm
Wish I could join you guys... sitting from 14 time zones away makes that kind of tough.
No excuses! :D
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

jonh wrote:
That would be fun. I’m leaving in a little over 2 hours for the game. Hoping to purchase a Booker Valley jersey at the team shop. Wearing my 21 conference champion shirt for now that my mom got for all of us. The same one the Suns wore after clinching the WCF. Was going to wear my old-style Booker jersey but don’t want to have to carry it around if I’m able to get the Valley jersey. Plus, I’m assuming they’ll have tshirts waiting for us at the game.

Let’s do this! Go Suns!!!

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

If it weren't for COVID and politics, I'd probably be out there in time for the parade (fingers crossed).

But instead, I'm still waiting to be vaccinated while the Delta variant introduces itself to the local population. Fun times.

My plan is to be out there in January and actually attend a Suns game for the first time in probably a decade.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:56 pm
jonh wrote:
That would be fun. I’m leaving in a little over 2 hours for the game. Hoping to purchase a Booker Valley jersey at the team shop. Wearing my 21 conference champion shirt for now that my mom got for all of us. The same one the Suns wore after clinching the WCF. Was going to wear my old-style Booker jersey but don’t want to have to carry it around if I’m able to get the Valley jersey. Plus, I’m assuming they’ll have tshirts waiting for us at the game.

Let’s do this! Go Suns!!!
Sounds like a great time! Yell for me too.

I was at game 7 of the World Series when the Diamondbacks won back in the day. That was so fun. And loud!! I was hoarse for 3 days.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:12 pm
If it weren't for COVID and politics, I'd probably be out there in time for the parade (fingers crossed).

But instead, I'm still waiting to be vaccinated while the Delta variant introduces itself to the local population. Fun times.

My plan is to be out there in January and actually attend a Suns game for the first time in probably a decade.
I don't think you have to be a resident to get a vaccine in the states. So if you did come out for the Finals, you could go back fully vaccinated.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:14 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I don't think you have to be a resident to get a vaccine in the states. So if you did come out for the Finals, you could go back fully vaccinated.
I'm still a resident. It's the traveling 20ish hours while unvaccinated that I'm not interested in.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:19 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I'm still a resident. It's the traveling 20ish hours while unvaccinated that I'm not interested in.
just wear a scuba mask the entire time.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:22 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

And that still wouldn't be the strangest thing I've seen on a flight crossing the Pacific.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:26 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

And that still wouldn't be the strangest thing I've seen on a flight crossing the Pacific.
I STILL haven't been further than Hawaii going that way. But when we were at 50,000 feet, I had a flight attendant tell a wife that her husband was dead. Turns out he wasn't, he just passed out in his seat. I just can't imagine the roller coaster of emotion that woman went through on the flight to her honeymoon.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:32 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:26 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Indy wrote:

I STILL haven't been further than Hawaii going that way. But when we were at 50,000 feet, I had a flight attendant tell a wife that her husband was dead. Turns out he wasn't, he just passed out in his seat. I just can't imagine the roller coaster of emotion that woman went through on the flight to her honeymoon.
Man, that flight attendant might need to work on her beside manner. :lol:

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'd bet everything it was an American based airline. Worst service in the industry.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:47 pm
I'd bet everything it was an American based airline. Worst service in the industry.
I used to think that until I switched to United for a few years. They are in an eternal battle for the shittiest service.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Worst service in the industry and it's not even close .. Like everything they teach you in business school about customer service / always focus on the customer etc is not only ignored, it's actively campaigned against.

I heard a rumour about American Airlines (I think it was) who would record who complained about a flying experience and then blacklist them as a result.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:02 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:47 pm
I used to think that until I switched to United for a few years. They are in an eternal battle for the shittiest service.
Sorry, my wording was confusing. I mean any airline based out of America, not exclusively American Airlines.