Game Day, NBA Finals Edition — Game 1 — Milwaukee Bucks @ Phoenix Suns, Tuesday 7/6/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day, NBA Finals Edition — Game 1 — Milwaukee Bucks @ Phoenix Suns, Tuesday 7/6/2021

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:40 pm
Chris Paul and Crowder haven’t been uncorked yet. On the other side of the ball, Jrue Holiday hasn’t made a single shot. We could do a better job defending the backboard.
Rebounding is the Bucks opening right now. They'll need extra possessions because they're not going to be very good at stopping the Suns with Forbes and Connaughton on the court.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day, NBA Finals Edition — Game 1 — Milwaukee Bucks @ Phoenix Suns, Tuesday 7/6/2021

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:41 pm
Solid 1st quarter
Love Book's mindset

Believe it or not, I think CP3 of all people needed that 1st quarter to settle himself so should be fine now going fwd

So confused by Dario decision just now. He got the step on Brook and got him in the air but somehow chose to avoid jumping into him for the foul then ends up hurting himself sigh

Would have been Lopez 2nd foul also
I'll need to see the play again, but I think he might of injured himself on the jump stop going into the pump fake.

Edit: Yup, just as I suspected. I know that motion of using the ball to balance yourself, and it's usually not a good thing.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Book is locked in AF

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Lopez is just going to get all he wants this game. Yikes. Now Frank is in.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Book isn’t fucking around.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Dario out for rest of the game. :cry:

pickle

Post by pickle »

Go Frank. Feeling bad about/for Saric. That didn’t look good.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

They can't guard Book. Cam Johnson is so much fun to watch. He's become a legit 2-way player. Frank is in to give DA some rest. Dario is out for the rest of the game which leaves us a bit thin up front. Probably going to see more Craig at the 5. CP getting his midrange going which is a good sign.

The Dario injury was on the jump stop. Hoping nothing is torn obviously, maybe just jammed his knee up?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:52 pm
They can't guard Book. Cam Johnson is so much fun to watch. He's become a legit 2-way player. Frank is in to give DA some rest. Dario is out for the rest of the game which leaves us a bit thin up front. Probably going to see more Craig at the 5. CP getting his midrange going which is a good sign.

The Dario injury was on the jump stop. Hoping nothing is torn obviously, maybe just jammed his knee up?
That's a fairly common mechanism for an ACL injury.

pickle

Post by pickle »

That offensive foul call on Booker was bullshit.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Cam Payne has had some bad sequences thus far.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That offensive foul on Booker was complete bullshit.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Team needs to take better care of the ball.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:43 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:41 pm
Solid 1st quarter
Love Book's mindset

Believe it or not, I think CP3 of all people needed that 1st quarter to settle himself so should be fine now going fwd

So confused by Dario decision just now. He got the step on Brook and got him in the air but somehow chose to avoid jumping into him for the foul then ends up hurting himself sigh

Would have been Lopez 2nd foul also
I'll need to see the play again, but I think he might of injured himself on the jump stop going into the pump fake.

Edit: Yup, just as I suspected. I know that motion of using the ball to balance yourself, and it's usually not a good thing.
Yes you were right which explains everything
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:58 pm
Cam Payne has had some bad sequences thus far.
Was happy he hit his first shot cause was concerned he might press. He probably being a lil too excited which can't be too much of a surprise. Hopefully he cleans up in the 2nd half, all mental lapses
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That Giannis block... :shock:

I think he's healthy enough to be out there.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Good, clean half of basketball. No complaints. Starters for the Suns and Bucks are very evenly matched -- but the Suns' bench is better. I think this will be the difference in the series.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Can’t lie, that was a beautiful block.

Wth was that half court heave from Booker?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:08 pm
Can’t lie, that was a beautiful block.

Wth was that half court heave from Booker?
I'm not sure he knew they put almost an additional second on the clock. The damn thing almost went in, so he's probably practiced that a lot.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Ayton playing fantastic so far, I look forward to his 4 point second half where the team stops looking to him to play hero ball. ;)