SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:47 pm
The Dunker Spot podcast made me feel a bit better today.
Why? Care to share the highlights?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:27 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:42 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:57 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:47 pm
The Dunker Spot podcast made me feel a bit better today.
Por que?
I won't be able to do it must justice. They both are a thousand times more knowledgeable than me, and a lot smarter. But they both agreed that it was more of a scheme that we went away from, and should be correctable. Both still pick Suns in 6 (same as before the series started). So I am going to stick with thinking they are really smart. :)
Nah I think Smithy just isn't familiar with what/who you're referencing more than the opinion.
I could be wrong but yea In Nekias n Steve I Trust lol
Yeah, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Never heard of the podcast or Nekias n Steve. But did want in on why Indy was feeling better. I need a part of that.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s Nekias Duncan and Steve Jones Jr. Jones is a former assistant coach and Nekias is a pretty smart dude. Nekias has been in on the suns all year. He also picked the bucks to the finals I believe.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Link to a thread on game 3 by Jones jr.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:27 pm
It’s Nekias Duncan and Steve Jones Jr. Jones is a former assistant coach and Nekias is a pretty smart dude. Nekias has been in on the suns all year. He also picked the bucks to the finals I believe.
They are both fantastic and my #1 source for non-Suns specific basketball analysis. But once the playoffs started, they have spent quite a bit of time on the Suns specifically because, well, we keep winning. :)

If you want to learn more about basketball and get a great summary around the league each week (or twice a week at times), you should subscribe to The Dunker Spot.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 1547857052

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:50 pm
I’m a little more worried about Paul than Booker. He has had some uncharacteristic turnovers in the last two games. Our 20/40 from 3 in game two masked those mistakes. Shooting 31% from 3 this last game and Jrue getting hot and those whistles on Ayton buried us in game three.
I am not sure that 20/40 masked anything, or was just showcasing it. The Bucks chose to overload the ball handler and trap a lot more and help off the corners. That left a TON of open 3s from there. And we did our thing and hit them. Do we normally hit 50% from 3? Well, when they are wide open, yup.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:07 pm
Split T wrote:
They are both fantastic and my #1 source for non-Suns specific basketball analysis. But once the playoffs started, they have spent quite a bit of time on the Suns specifically because, well, we keep winning. :)

If you want to learn more about basketball and get a great summary around the league each week (or twice a week at times), you should subscribe to The Dunker Spot.

Is Jr. related to Steve “Snapper” Jones, the former player and broadcaster?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:53 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:07 pm
Split T wrote:

Is Jr. related to Steve “Snapper” Jones, the former player and broadcaster?
Yes, father and son

pickle

Post by pickle »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:09 pm
pickle wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:50 pm
I’m a little more worried about Paul than Booker. He has had some uncharacteristic turnovers in the last two games. Our 20/40 from 3 in game two masked those mistakes. Shooting 31% from 3 this last game and Jrue getting hot and those whistles on Ayton buried us in game three.
I am not sure that 20/40 masked anything, or was just showcasing it. The Bucks chose to overload the ball handler and trap a lot more and help off the corners. That left a TON of open 3s from there. And we did our thing and hit them. Do we normally hit 50% from 3? Well, when they are wide open, yup.
Oh I agree with you. I don't think our guys went berserk and shot some outrageous %. The Bucks overloaded the middle and helped off the pick and roll and allowed our perimeter threats to get cleaner looks, and once those guys got momentum it was harder to shut them down. What I meant was, Paul's 6 turnovers in game 2 would've been more damaging had we not shot so well from the perimeter, and I hope we can protect the rock better in the upcoming games to not kill momentum and rhythm. Ayton's 3rd foul was on the refs, but his 4th foul was due to a turnover and him trying to defend the rim on a fast break chance from the Bucks. We need to be more careful with the ball, and that starts from CP3.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Random one I just came across

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:35 am

Thanks for sharing this!

For those wondering, if you start with the guy that is SO CLEARLY Jae's dad, this is who the kid is going clockwise:

Jae, Langston, Paul, Craig, Book, Cam Johnson, and Cam Payne

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:46 am
bajanguy008 wrote:

Thanks for sharing this!

For those wondering, if you start with the guy that is SO CLEARLY Jae's dad, this is who the kid is going clockwise:

I thought for sure one of the dads sounded just like Bridges. Who's dad is the vertically challenged one? (Payne?)
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:

Thanks for sharing this!

Wait, which one is Jae's dad? The one in the gray sweatshirt to the right of Chris' dad? I don't know if it's all that clear. I actually think he looks an awful lot like he could be Monty's father.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

As far as spitting images... I thought Paul's brother looked just like him when they showed him near the end of the WCF final game in LA.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:00 pm
Indy wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:

Thanks for sharing this!

Wait, which one is Jae's dad? The one in the gray sweatshirt to the right of Chris' dad? I don't know if it's all that clear. I actually think he looks an awful lot like he could be Monty's father.
It wasn't obvious to me either. According to Indy, Jae's dad is in the gray sweatshirt on the left furthest away which I believe is what you said too.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I thought Jae's dad looked as much like Jae as CPSr* looks like CPJr.

BTW I know his dad and he don't share the same name. But I did just learn that they are both CEP... and so is his older brother. He got CP3 name from being the 3rd CEP in their family.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The one Indy says is Craig's dad (lower right) sounds exactly like Bridges to me. And looks like him too!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

By the way I didn't know all of them. Some are pretty clear (Jae, Paul, Payne, Book), but the others I got from the comments in the video. Gallo makes sense after the LA comment.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:09 pm
I thought Jae's dad looked as much like Jae as CPSr* looks like CPJr.

BTW I know his dad and he don't share the same name. But I did just learn that they are both CEP... and so is his older brother. He got CP3 name from being the 3rd CEP in their family.
What is CEP?
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Guys just start with the one who looks exactly like Chris Paul and work your way through Indy's list. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.