Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
In2ition

Re: Cardinals

Post by In2ition »

It's easy to overreact to the first game. With that said, the defense looked fantastic, stuffing the run, making Tannehill's life miserable and essentially shutting down 2 of the best receivers in the game. Even the 2 TDs they gave up seemed flukish to me, as one was a direct result of a terrible throw by Kyler off his back foot and thrown behind the receiver, and the other was the result of lucky trick plays. In fact, it seemed that the Titans offense was so out of sorts that they resorted to trick plays to get anything going. Byron Murphy should have had 2 INTs, and even Jalen Thompson could have had another. But...it's just one game, that was on the road in an east coast(essentially) trip, that normally never ends well for AZ.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was very impressed. Only watched the first half, but we looked very good. Defense shut the Titans down and outside of a bunch of stupid penalties on the first couple drives(still got 10 points) the offense did what I’m hoping is the norm. Kyler is incredible and we have some real talent at the skill positions, plus a very solid offensive line. Should be a playoff team.

I forget, are they going back to only 6 playoff teams, or is it 7 again this year? If it’s 6, I feel like someone from the NFC west is going to get left out for a team with a worse record elsewhere.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:28 pm
I was very impressed. Only watched the first half, but we looked very good. Defense shut the Titans down and outside of a bunch of stupid penalties on the first couple drives(still got 10 points) the offense did what I’m hoping is the norm. Kyler is incredible and we have some real talent at the skill positions, plus a very solid offensive line. Should be a playoff team.

I forget, are they going back to only 6 playoff teams, or is it 7 again this year? If it’s 6, I feel like someone from the NFC west is going to get left out for a team with a worse record elsewhere.
It's 7 playoffs teams now. It's possible that all 4 NFC West teams could make the playoffs. Unlikely, but possible.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I barely keep up with football anymore. I used to be a hardcore Raiders fan. The Cardinals looked great on the scoreboard. I went to check the score and noticed that every team in the NFC West is 1-0 and every team in the NFC North is 0-1.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The NFC North won't go 0-4 next week, but the NFC West very well could go 4-0 again this next week.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:54 am
It's easy to overreact to the first game. With that said, the defense looked fantastic, stuffing the run, making Tannehill's life miserable and essentially shutting down 2 of the best receivers in the game. Even the 2 TDs they gave up seemed flukish to me, as one was a direct result of a terrible throw by Kyler off his back foot and thrown behind the receiver, and the other was the result of lucky trick plays. In fact, it seemed that the Titans offense was so out of sorts that they resorted to trick plays to get anything going. Byron Murphy should have had 2 INTs, and even Jalen Thompson could have had another. But...it's just one game, that was on the road in an east coast(essentially) trip, that normally never ends well for AZ.
Most impressive was that the Cards won handily on the road on the East Coast against a supposedly good team.
They've had a recent history of underperforming on early Sunday road games, so this was a bit of an outlier.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Not nearly as impressive this week, but we escape with a win when Greg Joseph misses a 37-yard FG at the buzzer. He also missed a PAT in the first half that accounted for the 1-point difference in score. He’s going to have a tough time sleeping tonight.

Shout out to Prater for nailing a 62-yarder.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He hit that 62 yarder pretty easily as well. Looked like it would have been good from 67

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I actually watched the whole game. Very entertaining. I forget how many lead changes there were. It had to be around 8-9. The Vikings offensive line were opening holes you could drive a semi through all day.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This team is all smoke and mirrors. Their best offensive plays are Murray running around like a headless chicken and chucking it deep. The defense is a joke.

I can't take them seriously as a playoff contender but they are entertaining, so I guess that's better than being boring and terrible.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk about them being smoke & mirrors. It was bound to be a letdown week, and the Vikings were sure to have shown better this week. They need to show up next week vs the Jags and then the Rams game will tell you a bit more if they are for real or not.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Getting our butts kicked by the Jags. This shouldn’t be happening.

Cap

Post by Cap »

That’s better.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That fg attempt before the half was atrocious.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Smoke and mirrors.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:47 pm
That fg attempt before the half was atrocious.
The miss not only allowed six, it also allowed Justin Tucker to break Prater’s record today.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:26 pm
Smoke and mirrors.
You talking about the play that Murphy had the pick 6? The defense has some dominant talent but could use more depth in the secondary. Our WR corps is littered with weapons.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:54 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Smoke and mirrors.
You talking about the play that Murphy had the pick 6? The defense has some dominant talent but could use more depth in the secondary. Our WR corps is littered with weapons.
The Jaguars are probably the second worst team in the league so anything from the defense today can't be considered the standard.

I'm talking about their inability to do anything but call passing plays. They're one dimensional and any well coached team with talent will beat them, just like the Vikings should've last week.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:56 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:54 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Smoke and mirrors.
The Jaguars are probably the second worst team in the league so anything from the defense today can't be considered the standard.

I'm talking about their inability to do anything but call passing plays. They're one dimensional and any well coached team with talent will beat them, just like the Vikings should've last week.
While I get what you're saying, they dominated the Titans, beat up on Minnesota in the 2nd half and if you take the FG returned for TD today, limited an admittedly bad team today. Both the Titans and Minnesota beat Seattle.

They will definitely struggle during this upcoming stretch if they stay one dimensional. I agree. I do think there's a very talented team there though. I don't buy the 3 and 0 start as smoke and mirrors.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Week one was weird. The Titans didn't come to play and the Cards took advantage of that. Credit to the Cards.

Week two was just lucky. That should've been a loss for the Cards.

This week they beat a team who might win 3 games all season. Big deal.

They'll be underdogs next week and when they go to Cleveland in week 6. They'll probably be a slight favorite at home against SF. I'm expecting them to be 3-3 after these next three games.