Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Shabazz

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Shabazz »

I may have to autodraft this year.

By the way, a really good way to add year-to-year spice to the draft is by finally getting rid of the snake draft format we used in middle school and moving to auction.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm all for an auction draft, but it failed when we put it to a vote last year. And how can you advocate for a more challenging draft but also say you might have to auto draft? :lol:

Anyone who's not satisfied with the draft day and time, please provide some alternative options that better fit your schedule. Opening night is 10/19, so Monday the 18th is probably our last chance.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

I personally am not a fan of auction drafts.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I work one weekend a month and this is it, so don’t schedule around me, I’ll make it work. I could do anytime on Monday and any evening(AZ time) this weekend, but I know we have a number of international managers and that ends up being in the middle of the night. So I’ll just try and make it work with my work schedule.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yea I'm in guys
I have 3 drafts that evening but I will figure it out

Some log in, log out magic gonna have to happen :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

It’ll be Monday morning here so I’ll probably be a combo of auto picks and live drafting, which is fine. Will we know the draft order beforehand or just before the draft starts?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:18 pm
I'm all for an auction draft, but it failed when we put it to a vote last year. And how can you advocate for a more challenging draft but also say you might have to auto draft? :lol:
Trying to be a man of the people.

I'll be flying between 3:30 and 9:30 PT on Sunday and if the draft was somehow in that time period, I could do it from the plane. Otherwise, Monday night would work for me. Short of that, I'd probably have to autodraft.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm fairly certain that I can set the draft order after we have all of the managers. Hopefully that'll happen in the next couple of days so people who need to auto-draft can at least set up some kind of personal ranking.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I would be for an auction draft. Actually might be easier to run keepers with auction drafts that have minimal impact with turnover as you could just increase the price for each kept player by a fixed amount (say $5) and a new manager can just come in and look through the roster and know what to decide.

But anyway I’ll go with the flow. Maybe we can try a Monday time instead. Sometime after 4-5 pacific time would work ok for me. Won’t have to get up at a crazy hour…

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I thought I sent out a PM to everyone participating, but it seems that some people might not have received it.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Superbone about his decision to leave the league. If he's staying, I'll get the draft order sorted in the next day or so. Otherwise I'll need to find a replacement for him before setting the draft order.

Thanks to all for your patience and participation.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:58 pm
I thought I sent out a PM to everyone participating, but it seems that some people might not have received it.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Superbone about his decision to leave the league. If he's staying, I'll get the draft order sorted in the next day or so. Otherwise I'll need to find a replacement for him before setting the draft order.

Thanks to all for your patience and participation.
Just answered.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Thanks, 'bone. Glad to have you stick around. Onto the draft.

Yahoo doesn't provide a tool for randomizing the draft order on demand, so I've found a third party site to handle it. I'd hope that everyone would trust that I'll be honest with the results, (we're not playing for money or anything, really.) but this is the site I'm using for the sake of transparency. https://www.draftordergenerator.com/

If you look at the site you'll see there's an option to send email results of the randomization, which I believe can add a level of fairness to this process. However, I don't want to just start plugging all of your email addresses into that site without your permission, so let me know here if you want to have the results emailed to you. I'll generate the draft order on Oct. 15th at 1am PST, so everyone has a little over 24 hours to respond to this post. If you don't respond, I'll assume you don't need to have the results sent to your email.

I will manually set the draft order on our Yahoo league page afterward, so electing to receive the email isn't a requirement for knowing the draft order. I hope this is clear to everyone.

I have email addresses for everyone from our Yahoo league page except Shabazz and pickle, so don't feel like you need to post your email here. Shabazz or pickle will have to PM me their email address or something if they want the results.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sure, I’ll get in on the excitement of getting a draft order email. :)
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

I’ll be happy to get the results here. Don’t check email so much these days anyway. So we are at 12 teams redraft now with a 14 deep roster right?

Be great if we could match people’s names here to their team names. Some are easy, others are a bit of a guessing game.

I’m platypus beaks.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:41 am
I’ll be happy to get the results here. Don’t check email so much these days anyway. So we are at 12 teams redraft now with a 14 deep roster right?

Be great if we could match people’s names here to their team names. Some are easy, others are a bit of a guessing game.

I’m platypus beaks.
14 and one IL+ spot. We started with the generic IL spot last season and later added the newer IL+ when Yahoo made it available. I removed the former IL position since this is no longer a keeper league, but will keep the IL+ for at least this season.

Flagrant Fowl – Flagrant Fowl
Superbone’s Suns – Superbone
Andrew Gaze AllStars – Gladiator
Huskies – Big Lewy
Platypus Beaks – pickle
Project Mahem – ShelC
Shabazz – Shabazz
SplitT – SplitT
Team_Island Vybez - bajanguy008
The Prime Minista - bIGDRAWLS0072
Tesla's Revenge - SunsRIt (new/returning)
Suns in 4 - not a member (yet?), added from r/Suns

Split T

Post by Split T »

You can email me the results

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't need to be emailed. I trust the process!

Thanks!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:46 am
I don't need to be emailed. I trust the process!

Thanks!
Wait a second. You're trying to say we don't trust FF?! Shame on you! ;) I just thought it was cool is all. Wasn't due to "lack of trust" by any means.
"Be Legendary."

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Supes back? Hell yea that's my guy...

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

If it's not keeper and the same people AND amount of people from last year why don't you just set the draft order at random?