Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:24 am
I'm not being contradictory. He is all of it. Feeble, evil, controlled and dangerous.

Sure, it's good for him or anyone to apologize. Why did he lash out in the first place? What is going to make him do it again? Is he really sorry or was the hot mike moment his true self and he just got caught because he didn't think it was on?
you meet this as much a anyone.
Or...you meet this as much as anyone.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

yep, one of those is true.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Biden lashed out at a reporter who asks him pesky antagonistic questions. It's bad to lash out and call somebody names, but this is a big nothingburger. Your guy repeatedly lashed out at reporters, called them names, threatened them, encouraged his crowds to jeer them at rallies. You don't get to be upset about Biden saying one curse word at a reporter and then apologizing for it. You lost your privilege to pretend to be offended about that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Reagan did the same thing on a hot mic 40 years ago (called a group of reporters "sons of bitches") so it isn't like this is new.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1986/03/04 ... 510296400/
The T-shirts were quickly created in the aftermath of President Reagan's undeleted expletive 'sons of bitches' heard on an open microphone as reporters were departing the Cabinet Room last Friday.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:05 pm
Biden lashed out at a reporter who asks him pesky antagonistic questions. It's bad to lash out and call somebody names, but this is a big nothingburger. Your guy repeatedly lashed out at reporters, called them names, threatened them, encouraged his crowds to jeer them at rallies. You don't get to be upset about Biden saying one curse word at a reporter and then apologizing for it. You lost your privilege to pretend to be offended about that.
And I never said I was offended by it. I told you I didn't care. What I was pointing out is the ridiculous hypocrisy. Did you forget me saying that I didn't care with either of them saying it? I lost my privilege to what again?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:19 pm
Reagan did the same thing on a hot mic 40 years ago (called a group of reporters "sons of bitches") so it isn't like this is new.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1986/03/04 ... 510296400/
The T-shirts were quickly created in the aftermath of President Reagan's undeleted expletive 'sons of bitches' heard on an open microphone as reporters were departing the Cabinet Room last Friday.
Did he call each and every reporter and apologize? If he didn't, then he clearly wasn't as sorry about it as Biden sincerely was. The whole thing is a farce.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's a farce that you're talking about it. Trump was 1000 times worse and NEVER apologized.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not sure. It's probably 100000000000 times worse.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:20 am
I'm not sure. It's probably 100000000000 times worse.
True. I was trying to be nice.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That Breyer news is big. Hopefully Biden will get to nominate and appoint a Justice and it won't be blocked by silly GOP obstruction stuff.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is my take on it, but if the Reps filibuster this nomination, this will be the reason that the filibuster gets voted out. Just the feeling I get.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:15 am
This is my take on it, but if the Reps filibuster this nomination, this will be the reason that the filibuster gets voted out. Just the feeling I get.
The filibuster has already been removed for Supreme Court Justice nominations. (Mitch McConnell removed it.)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:30 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:15 am
The filibuster has already been removed for Supreme Court Justice nominations. (Mitch McConnell removed it.)
Ah, good to know. I forgot about that. Well then, is there any way to block it? Doesn't seem like it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:34 am
Ah, good to know. I forgot about that. Well then, is there any way to block it? Doesn't seem like it.
I don't think the GOP by itself could block the nomination or confirmation of the new justice. But GOP + Manchin/Sinema could, if the latter two felt like being precocious. We'll see. Honestly after all the Gorsuch / Kavanaugh / Barrett BS, I just hope the Dems get a smooth process and get the justice they deserve. I think Biden should expand the Court, personally, but he probably can't get that done with the current senate.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Would it have been a good idea to expand the court when Trump was in office?

I just don't see at this moment why Manchin or Sinema would block it. I saw that the leading candidate might be Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson. It could be that the Reps vote her in too.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It would have been a good idea for the Republicans not to steal Obama’s pick because it was too close to an election (A Year) and then rush Trumps pick through with a month left. That was evil.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Whenever precedent is set, no matter what party does it, expect it to be used against the other party at some point. Does anyone disagree with that?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maybe the Dems will take the Senate at some point and tell the Republican President that they aren’t going to confirm any Supreme Court pick he makes during his presidency just because they don’t feel like it? Well, if the scenario I envision happens, Republicans win enough seats to control the House and the Senate in a year. Any investigations into Trump would cease immediately and an impeachment trial would start on Biden for whatever reasons they feel like thinking of. Trump is elected whether America votes for him or not because Red states are going to certify Trump as the winner no matter what. That will be the day Democracy died in America. Who sits on the Supreme Court won’t matter anymore.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Better late than never! NY Times SUES State Department for emails related to Hunter Biden, the Romanian embassy and whether the US helped push his personal business interests
  • The lawsuit, filed Monday in Manhattan court, seeks emails dating 2015 to 2019
  • The Times alleges that the State Department is failing to address its FOIA request in a timely manner
  • The Times is seeking emails from Romanian embassy officials connected to Hunter Biden and his former business associate Tony Bobulinski
  • Hunter Biden was hired by a Romanian real estate tycoon later convicted of bribery in 2016
  • The tycoon hired Biden to help stage an influence campaign to convince anti-corruption prosecutors to drop the bribery case

By MORGAN PHILLIPS, POLITICS REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and JOSH BOSWELL and BRIAN STIEGLITZ
PUBLISHED: 16:24 EST, 1 February 2022 | UPDATED: 16:26 EST, 1 February 2022
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mails.html

The New York Times has sued the State Department for allegedly dragging its feet in handing over emails from Romanian embassy officials connected to Hunter Biden and his famed former business associate Tony Bobulinski.

The lawsuit, filed Monday in Manhattan federal court, seeks emails dating 2015 to 2019. The Times alleges that the State Department is failing to address its Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request in a timely manner. When the Times asked when the State Dept. would get around to the request, the paper was told to expect an answer on April 15, 2023, according to Politico.

The Times appears to be looking into whether embassy personnel did any special favors on behalf of business officials, including the president's son and Bobulinski. Joe Biden was serving as vice president for two of the years the emails cover, 2015-2016.

Meanwhile, mainstream media outlets initially scoffed at a New York Post report about a laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden that indicated he had introduced Ukrainian energy company executives to his father while he was vice president.

They were silent when DailyMail.com obtained information from the laptop revealing that Hunter Biden used the 'N-word' repeatedly in text messages and may have accidentally overpaid a prostitute $25,000 from an account linked to his dad.

Twitter blocked users from sharing the New York Post report at the time it was first reported, as the social media platform had written it off as misinformation
Spoiler: show/hide